Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    When do we know the Bulls draft position?
    Draft lottery is May 15th. Today we'll know if the Bulls win the coin flip for 6/7 pick, meaning that's where they'll pick should they not jump into the top 3 during the lottery. We'll also know where the Pelicans pick will be, also determined by a coin flip (20-23).

When is the draft?
    June 21st.

And when do the playoffs start?
    Tomorrow, Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Draft lottery is May 15th. Today we'll know if the Bulls win the coin flip for 6/7 pick, meaning that's where they'll pick should they not jump into the top 3 during the lottery. We'll also know where the Pelicans pick will be, also determined by a coin flip (20-23).

June 21st.

Tomorrow, Saturday.
    Cool, I was hoping the playoffs started sooner than later. Thanks for the updates. Didn't realize the Pels pick is going to be between 20-23 ...thought it would be a bit higher but oh well. Still nice to have the extra capital.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    There aren't many teams with a ton of cap space this summer anyway. The Lakers have the most ($61M) and they'll be chasing bigger fish than Zach LaVine. I'm weary of a commitment more than a couple years with him anyway, but if you can get him for somewhere in that $15-18M range then it's probably a good deal.

I think it's wise to let him test the market though. I can't imagine any of the teams with space (Lakers, Sixers, Kings, Hawks, Mavs) are going to throw him a max offer. If they do, IMO it's an easy decision to simply move on, but I don't think he'll have a very robust market.
    The Lakers kind of scare me. I could see them overpaying for LaVine if things don't go their way in free agency. He's an exciting player, he's ascending (IMO), and he's still young. He's a showtime type of player. Would love a long term deal at 15-18 mil per like you mentioned. That would be a major win for the Bulls. The Mavs are another team I could see overpaying for him as well.

The beauty of a team overpaying is it saves us from a position that I think we are better off not being in.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The beauty of a team overpaying is it saves us from a position that I think we are better off not being in.
    Iím not so sure about that. LaVine was one of the key pieces in the Jimmy trade. Yes we have Lauri and Dunn, but I donít believe Dunn will ever be anything special. Bulls have the cap to spend. Iím not advocating making a crazy overpay, but I think the Bulls are definitely in worse shape short and long term without LaVine on the roster. Thereís no real positive spin you can take there. It just creates another hole and you lose a guy with big time potential who looked pretty damn good coming off ACL surgery, albeit inconsistent and rusty at times too.

Lauri is the main squeeze from that trade. Dunn was probably the most important of the 3 this year in making a difference in wins and losses. Lavine was icing on the cake if he can reach his potential. I donít think anyone will be mad if the Bulks FO lets him walk of some crazy team comes in and offers him a max contract. Luckily for us the Nets finally gave a draft pick and will likely want to lose. If he was a RFA the last couple years, I guarantee they would have offered him big money

It'll depend on the price. I don't think anyone will max him out, but if they did then I wouldn't think twice about letting him walk.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What would his max be?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    What would his max be?
    I'm guessing this would be the same for the Bulls, but in articles that talk about the max contract for Aaron Gordon he can get up to a 5 year, $148M dollar max contract offer from the Magic.

Under the collective bargaining agreement, the Magic are permitted to sign Gordon to an annual salary that begins at 25 percent of the salary cap for the upcoming season, which would amount to a salary of $25.3 million under current projections for the cap. The Magic could give Gordon annual raises of 8 percent per year, for subsequent annual salaries of $27.3 million, $29.5 million, $31.8 million and $34.4 million.

Over five seasons, the total salary under a max deal would be $148 million
    I don't think LaVine would be worth a 5 year $148M contract right now.

I really hope someone doesnít offer Lavine max money...that would suck. Lavine showed he still has his athleticism, which makes him valuable no doubt...tuns of upside w him. Just donít think/hope anyone would shell out max money for Lavine who still is somewhat unproven. If someone did, I would probably sadly decline his option, but it would sting and hurt r rebuild. I do think signing him for max money is potentially worse for r rebuild then loosing him tho.

Fingers crosssed, but Iím hoping for a 1 or 2 yr expensive prove it deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I really hope someone doesnít offer Lavine max money...that would suck. Lavine showed he still has his athleticism, which makes him valuable no doubt...tuns of upside w him. Just donít think/hope anyone would shell out max money for Lavine who still is somewhat unproven. If someone did, I would probably sadly decline his option, but it would sting and hurt r rebuild. I do think signing him for max money is potentially worse for r rebuild then loosing him tho.

Fingers crosssed, but Iím hoping for a 1 or 2 yr expensive prove it deal.
    Whoís better between Lavine and Oladipo? They have similar games. I think their shooting is similar from midrange and 3, speed and quickness are similar, ball handling might give a slight edge to Vic, both have explosiveness and hops, I give the edge to Zach, Vic would get a big edge on the Defensive end. I donít think itís fair to judge Zach from this year coming off the ACL injury. I truly believe if he was 100% healthy heíd have a similar if not better year than Vic. At this point Iím still going with Lavine but a couple of years ago I donít believe most saw it being that close with the way Zach played in all star weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oladipo is the better player. I don't think it's all that debatable TBH.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Whoís better between Lavine and Oladipo? They have similar games. I think their shooting is similar from midrange and 3, speed and quickness are similar, ball handling might give a slight edge to Vic, both have explosiveness and hops, I give the edge to Zach, Vic would get a big edge on the Defensive end. I donít think itís fair to judge Zach from this year coming off the ACL injury. I truly believe if he was 100% healthy heíd have a similar if not better year than Vic. At this point Iím still going with Lavine but a couple of years ago I donít believe most saw it being that close with the way Zach played in all star weekends.

He would have to put up 30 ppg in order to make up the difference on defense. Don't even think Lavine is close to this years Oladipo

Oladipo took a team everyone saw as bottom 5 to a 4 seed. Not to mention they are 0-7 when he missed games. Heís way better than Lavine

Sign me up for Clint Capela

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast