Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2018 Bulls Off-Season Thread

Welp, now the exciting part. That season sucked like we all knew it would, so now let's see how the draft goes and how free agency winds up. The biggest question in free agency for us revolves around LaVine.

I'm not a big fan of Hoiberg, but it'd be ****** to fire him after a season where they weren't trying to win.

Eventually though, whenever this group is ready, I hope someone better is brought in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maybe Hoiberg will impress us with a team more built around his style? Idk. Wouldn't be upset either way.

LaVine at $20M a year is a bit steep IMO. I wouldn't do $20M for 4 years. I'd do maybe 2 years $40M with a third year team option. Otherwise, maybe like 4 years $72M is better.

Hoiberg is a placeholder IMO
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Maybe Hoiberg will impress us with a team more built around his style? Idk. Wouldn't be upset either way.

LaVine at $20M a year is a bit steep IMO. I wouldn't do $20M for 4 years. I'd do maybe 2 years $40M with a third year team option. Otherwise, maybe like 4 years $72M is better.
    I think if Lavine is 100% confident in his ability, that his best bet would be to take a 1 year 2nd year Player/Team Option. He gets a full healthy year to prove himself. If he goes off, he becomes a huge FA target, and we will likely pay him what he deserves. If he doesn't have a great year, he can use his player option to make another year of big money, but we won't be tied down financially long term.

KC Johnson: John Paxson echoes what Fred Hoiberg has been saying on Robin Lopez: Hes an important part of our future.

http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1175310/

I think they plan on having Rolo be our center beyond his contract next year. I wouldn't mind that either. Let's us focus on wings this draft. I really hope we draft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think if Lavine is 100% confident in his ability, that his best bet would be to take a 1 year 2nd year Player/Team Option. He gets a full healthy year to prove himself. If he goes off, he becomes a huge FA target, and we will likely pay him what he deserves. If he doesn't have a great year, he can use his player option to make another year of big money, but we won't be tied down financially long term.
    I agree. I wouldn't want to be tied down to him with a big contract if he can't be what we need him to be. He's still only 23, but he wasn't all that impressive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't want to be tied down to him with a big contract if he can't be what we need him to be. He's still only 23, but he wasn't all that impressive this year.
    He had games where he looked like the exact player we need at the 2 if we could get a solid 3 and D. A Dunn and Mikal Sandwich with Lavine being a go to scorer would be great for us. I think Lauri will develop into a 20+ PPG type of player.

If Lavine can't show he can be a consistent 20+ PPG scorer, I don't really see his value long term here. I won't judge him off of this season. He returned late, and never got into a rhythm. He had games where he was great. He had games where he was decent. He had games where he was awful. If he could be the player he was in November and December of 2016-17, then he is going to be great for us. If he is an inefficient, no defense playing, 18 ppg, 1 game 20s next game mid teens scorer, then he isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He had games where he looked like the exact player we need at the 2 if we could get a solid 3 and D. A Dunn and Mikal Sandwich with Lavine being a go to scorer would be great for us. I think Lauri will develop into a 20+ PPG type of player.

If Lavine can't show he can be a consistent 20+ PPG scorer, I don't really see his value long term here. I won't judge him off of this season. He returned late, and never got into a rhythm. He had games where he was great. He had games where he was decent. He had games where he was awful. If he could be the player he was in November and December of 2016-17, then he is going to be great for us. If he is an inefficient, no defense playing, 18 ppg, 1 game 20s next game mid teens scorer, then he isn't worth it.
    Yeah he definitely had flashes, but we need to see consistency if we want to shell out the big bucks for him. One other positive with him is it seems like the chemistry on the team is really high with him. So if he can bring solid scoring at the 2 then I agree we'd want to keep him long term. Just need that consistency.

Consistency and Confidence with him are key. The ability is 100% there. Only thing hurting us with him is the fact that hes a RFA and Im sure 1 in 32 teams will blow their wad on his upside alone. In that case we quickly have to decide if we should match or move on. Ideally though every team has pause and wants him to sign s short term deal to see what he can do with a whole season

When do we know the Bulls draft position?

When is the draft?

And when do the playoffs start?

Thank you kindly.

"The Bulls have a free agent decision of their own with LaVine, who will be a restricted free agent, which means the Bulls have the right to match any offer. Given LaVines limited season with 24 games coming back from ACL surgery, his market value is uncertain. Paxson was diplomatic in saying it will play out by the rules."

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/john-p...prclt=bxVtqxxe

Basically by saying "it will play out by the rules", Pax is saying that they are going to do what they did with Niko with Zach. They are going to sit back, see if he gets offers, and react when the time is right.

That's a great approach to take in this situation. Gives me hope that we won't overpay if he is signed to a big deal by someone else.

There aren't many teams with a ton of cap space this summer anyway. The Lakers have the most ($61M) and they'll be chasing bigger fish than Zach LaVine. I'm weary of a commitment more than a couple years with him anyway, but if you can get him for somewhere in that $15-18M range then it's probably a good deal.

I think it's wise to let him test the market though. I can't imagine any of the teams with space (Lakers, Sixers, Kings, Hawks, Mavs) are going to throw him a max offer. If they do, IMO it's an easy decision to simply move on, but I don't think he'll have a very robust market.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-13-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast