Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

2018 Playoffs

Anthony Slater
    ‏@anthonyVslater

Not sure the Warriors would've scripted a better path entering the night: Spurs in Round 1, winner of Blazers-Pelicans in Round 2. Jazz-Thunder on Rockets' side of the bracket. They can only face 1 of Utah, OKC, Houston and won't do it until after Curry should be healed.
    9:51 PM - 11 Apr 2018
    Hmm... I like how this has been laid out. Not it's time to pull our heads out the sand and flip the switch. It's go time!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

2018 Playoffs

I don't think the Warriors could have asked for better seeding. The injured Spurs followed by the injured Pelicans or the up and down Blazers.

The Rockets have a tough bracket to get through too ... if they lose an early game in either of their series the Harden/CP3 history may get them to start tightening up. Also D'Antoni has a history of going to much shorter rotations in the playoffs which would play into their opponents hands.

This will be interesting ... if the "real" Warriors show up.

Its weird, i feel like im the only one concerned, and I think I would be concerned even if curry were with the team (although that would help a lot). I keep hearing on the radio how people are saying the warriors could beat basically any team even without curry.

It makes me wonder- do those people watch each and every game? have those people been watching the warriors the last month or so? How on earth can a team with 3 legit all stars lose to a pelicans team with just one all star? esp when warriors are at home with rest?

People say- warriors will turn it on during the playoffs.... but people also said warriors would turn it on after the all star break. I really do believe they have the talent but lack the heart to play hard on a consistent basis. its almost like they lack pride (and this was the case in the 2016 finals as well).

talent wise- warriors should beat the spurs in 5 games at absolute most. I just dont know what to expect from the warriors because their performances have been soo up and down the last month or so. To be honest there is no way a team with 4 all stars should finish anything lower than 70 wins if they are trying even half the time they play

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Its weird, i feel like im the only one concerned
    I've been concerned since last off-season. People are too quick to say "they can't lose".

They SHOULD win, but there is no reason to think they WILL win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've been concerned since last off-season. People are too quick to say "they can't lose".

They SHOULD win, but there is no reason to think they WILL win.
    I think the players are over confident - and kerr does not show the concern id like to see from the head coach. he seems to act lik everything is fine as well

I think the players are over confident - and kerr does not show the concern id like to see from the head coach. he seems to act lik everything is fine as well
    You have no idea what he's saying to the team, but none of them seem happy about the recent level of performance.

You have no idea what he's saying to the team, but none of them seem happy about the recent level of performance.
    i dont know what hes saying to the team- but he seems very non nonchalant about the lack of effort when asked in interviews. he keeps saying they are waiting for the playoffs as if everything is magically going to be better.

I will say that there is a very notable trend through out the year where the warriors are constantly losing for the first 10-15 minutes of games regardless of the opponent, whether its on a back to back, their injury situation, their rotation, etc. I think thats a sign that kerr is not adequately getting the team prepared for their games as they are coming. and kerr has not managed to get the focus of the players on a consistent basis...... his game plan is just to hope at some point the talent level will impact the games outcome.

i dont know what hes saying to the team- but he seems very non nonchalant about the lack of effort when asked in interviews. he keeps saying they are waiting for the playoffs as if everything is magically going to be better.

I will say that there is a very notable trend through out the year where the warriors are constantly losing for the first 10-15 minutes of games regardless of the opponent, whether its on a back to back, their injury situation, their rotation, etc. I think thats a sign that kerr is not adequately getting the team prepared for their games as they are coming. and kerr has not managed to get the focus of the players on a consistent basis...... his game plan is just to hope at some point the talent level will impact the games outcome.
    Have you been at the games? He's constantly trying to get them going and playing the way they are supposed to be playing.

My only choice is to hope that the Warriors actually play 48 minutes on Saturday.

Have you been at the games? He's constantly trying to get them going and playing the way they are supposed to be playing.

My only choice is to hope that the Warriors actually play 48 minutes on Saturday.
    Unfortunately- I am yet to hear a convincing argument why the players will be motivated to do that... considering even after watching them give horrible effort after horrible effort- people are still talking about them like they are a dynasty.(when they want to be)

Unfortunately- I am yet to hear a convincing argument why the players will be motivated to do that... considering even after watching them give horrible effort after horrible effort- people are still talking about them like they are a dynasty.(when they want to be)
    The only thing to do is wait another day and see what happens.

The only thing to do is wait another day and see what happens.
    Yeah... I will be doing something until 2 on Saturday. An obligation I agreed to a couple months ago, and cant really get out of. I wasnt expecting warriors to play on saturday.

Probably better though- Im absolutely terrified based on recent performances going into the playoffs. Fitz keeps giving the excuse that - well this team has something to play for, an thats why they played so well against the warriors.... but in the playoffs- every game their opposing team will have something to play for..... so im not sure if we should expect a whole lot different of a result

Yeah... I will be doing something until 2 on Saturday. An obligation I agreed to a couple months ago, and cant really get out of. I wasnt expecting warriors to play on saturday.

Probably better though- Im absolutely terrified based on recent performances going into the playoffs. Fitz keeps giving the excuse that - well this team has something to play for, an thats why they played so well against the warriors.... but in the playoffs- every game their opposing team will have something to play for..... so im not sure if we should expect a whole lot different of a result
    Don't listen to Fitz.

Spurs match up stresses me out too. We've been **** and Pop will take advantage of our mistakes, Kawhi or not.

1-0. Defense was strong from the jump and the offense was strong from the 2 players it HAD to be.

Can't get comfortable yet. Got to handle ours at home again tonight. Imagine Pop will make adjustments and I hope Kerr does as well. Sweep would be ideal. We need to buy Curry as much time as possible.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast