Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    we all knew Hornacek was Phils coach. Surprised it didnt happen sooner. But shows Perry was willing to give him chance. Im tired along with all of you of coach changes. I hope our next one is one we keep for 10+ years and succeed this. Jackson or Van Gundy are great choices along with Fizzy.

Van Gundy has the pedigree to come back and fish a young team. He actually has a solid winning percentage. He would be the idealncoach to help bring us back to being a respectable organization.

JVG as the head coach, Mark Jackson as the assistant. Please let it happen...

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I love that they fired him over the phone hahaha.
    "No, Kurt, you don't need to come in today. No. No. I said don't come in. Kurt... yes I know you live next door and you could walk here for the meeting in 2 minutes but.... yes kurt I know you can bring danish but I don't want danish or you for ****s sake. What do I mean? We've been trying to fire you for 3 years but you keep showing up before we can and once you're here, you're like glue. Christ, we haven't paid you in a year and a half and you've had to pay for your transportation, food and sleep on couches. Do not come into work. Do not dome into MSG ever again. We have placed a restraining order on you and you will be arrested. Kurt... wait... Kurt... no i can't prevent you from looking in the windows with binoculars. Like I said, you're fired. No kurt I didn't watch the apprentice, I'm glad you think I sound like Trump when I say it... stop. Just stop. I see what you are trying to do. I see you outside and you are not coming in. I'm not falling for it this time. You are fired and that's that. I'm sorry to do it over the phone but I knew you would cry. Kurt, don't make a scene i front of MSG.. put your pants back on and stop crying. No you can't come in for just a minute..,. Goodbye Kurt. This is better for all of us."

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Knicks are reportedly reaching out to Stackhouse. Pretty cold to fire Horny and bring in the dude that beat his *** lol
    I don't get this...we're gonna hire a G-league coach? Not Ncaa, not former NBA, not former NBA assistant but a G-league coach? Seems very unconventional - is he gonna be any better than Derek Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Ppl really want Kidd? Lol no thanks I wouldn’t mind Jackson but he’s last on my list

David Fizdale

Ettore Messina (Spurs assistant)

JVG
    I'm on board with this for the most part...D'antoni was the last vet head coach we've had and I'd rather someone with experience but is younger. I have Jay Wright as my #1 pick, then Fizdale as my #2 pick and JVG #3 if you really want to get back to those 90's knicks defense who better than Jeff? :shrugs:

I like Mark Jackson as a motivator and for teaching defensive principles but his biggest knock in Golden State was that he wasn't an X's and O's and that would be detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Unlike real baseball, it's impossible to win without home runs. I suppose good hitters get home runs without necessarily trying for one though.
    Put a good defensive team together where the players compliment each other and play like a team and u will be surprised how far we get and how attractive a team will we become. Like that article u posted said if we have everything set up when a stud fa comes calling the team will be ready and we can plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Put a good defensive team together where the players compliment each other and play like a team and u will be surprised how far we get and how attractive a team will we become. Like that article u posted said if we have everything set up when a stud fa comes calling the team will be ready and we can plug and play.
    Of course, but that's only if someone comes. Again, the recent Pacers, Grizzlies, and Bulls teams all did the same thing and ended up blowing everything up. Players seem to look at the other team's best players, not the team's structure when deciding. Gordon Hayward and Paul George just willing left their teams with that structure in place.

Imagine if the Jazz were bringing Hayward back next year. Instead he saw Horford and Kyrie and left although Boston lost key players that created that structure for them like Bradley and Crowder. It didn't matter that they were shopping Smart as well. Those players simply don't seem to matter. You're right in that's how it should be viewed, but I don't think that's the way players view it. We'll see though...

How many teams do we talk about every year that's one big free agent signing away and they continue to remain that way?

I hope you're right though because that seems to be the road the Knicks will have to take.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Steve Clifford fired....wow...he's a pretty good coach too.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Jeff should forgive Noah .....his daughter is hot.

If Woody got fired then you know Jeff HAD to go.

New coach will have a Fresh start with 4 young top 10 draft picks and 2 top 10 drafted vets. Plus a promising THJ...

No more excuses for the next coach. He will be a guy the FO backs because he is their guy plus plenty of top rated drafted young guys to develop.

Now we finally get to see how well building through the draft works.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Steve Clifford fired....wow...he's a pretty good coach too.
    Yup and it's been reported that Fizdale is their top choice...Knicks need to get the ball rolling. Fizdale is the only name linked to every job.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yup and it's been reported that Fizdale is their top choice...Knicks need to get the ball rolling. Fizdale is the only name linked to every job.
    Yea I read that too...I'm hope I'm missing something about Stack but I'm not sold. The list should be Wright, Fizdale, Van Gundy. They need to be on the phone with Fizdale now.
    If Monty Williams is interested in coaching again I like what he did with a young Pelicans team.

Knowing the Knicks, we’ll be busy chasing the pipe dream of Jay Wright and miss out on Fizdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Knowing the Knicks, we’ll be busy chasing the pipe dream of Jay Wright and miss out on Fizdale.
    I'm more worried about them going in with Jackson as the favorite before speaking with everyone else. I think that's just as dangerous, if not more. Again, I have nothing against Jackson at all. There are very few coaches that will get a reaction out of me one way or the other. He's just another guy to me that we won't truly know until he's coaching with more talent on the team. I just like everything I read and hear about Fizdale and the fact that he seems to be a progressive coach. Being from the Riley/Spo tree doesn't hurt either. Has there ever been a bad coach from that tree?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast