Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Of course you always want to succeed and make the playoffs. I think that can be a goal but I think in some cases, player development is more important, so playoffs become a secondary goal. Once KP went down, we should have switched gears and gotten Dotson, hicks, Kornett more time. At that point, the playoffs should have been set aside. It probably should have been sooner but KP/THJ/Kanter wanted to make the run for the 8th seed. I don't blame them but management needs to tell the coach, the season is done. Develop guys.
    True but it can't be explicit...players are trying to win. You heard Burke and Kanter...if you want to develop players there is an entire league dedicated to that. Winning should always be the goal to all players, rookie and vets alike. Any shift from the mindset to win every single game is setting up for failure. That's why I'm not mad about them winning last night. These players just aren't out to tank.

After the trade deadline Mudiaye started 12 games...I mean they wanted to see what he could do for next season. I'm not a Hornacek apologist but I can't fault him or anyone for trying to win games. You have to be able to develop guys while trying to win. So games where frank only have 12-15 min or mudiaye 18-20 minutes was because they stunk that particular night and just didn't have it but the mission stays the same to try and win and thus they got pulled for what Jeff believe were better options in Jack and eventually Burke.

My main beef with Jeff this season is not starting Burke back in January when it was evident that Jack was gassed. Heck D'antoni saw it with Bibby and Douglas stank and he put Lin in the game, started him the very next game and didn't look back. That's what a smart coach does, ride the hot hand and Burke was slaying in the G-league.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    sounds like bringing back Noah and Beasely are options for us according to Perry.

makes sense to have Noah come back, especially if Jeff is gone. Let him play the backup C role instead of spending more money on that position.

also, thankfully sounds like they won't be interested in Mark Jackson or RIvers, they want someone who will be analytical and communicate with the FO... no old school coaches?
    means no JVG either then? that sucks

why do you even bother watching or yapping about the knicks? its obvious the knicks have no clue what they are doing. so u mean to tell me we sacrificed getting a top 3 pick this year jus so we could showcase beasley, burke, jarrett jack ? cause they all won us a few games easily. we signed them this year so we could show their talents and audition for other teams just so we could win a a few games and draft 9th when we could have just did nothing and have a chance to pair KP with ayton, doncic, bagley, etc. how many meaningless games have we won at end of seasons to miss out on franchise changing talent?

and stop giving me that crap about oh we gota build a winning culture or we need playoff exp or whatever politically correct bs ya got. the knicks have no clue what they are doing and their goal isnt to win a chip, its to entertain for jus that game. ya should jus boycott the knicks. i dont even other watching anymore. KP is not a franchise player, jus another injury prone diva, and we need to trade him now while his value is high.

Quote Originally Posted by ii77daman View Post
    why do you even bother watching or yapping about the knicks? its obvious the knicks have no clue what they are doing. so u mean to tell me we sacrificed getting a top 3 pick this year jus so we could showcase beasley, burke, jarrett jack ? cause they all won us a few games easily. we signed them this year so we could show their talents and audition for other teams just so we could win a a few games and draft 9th when we could have just did nothing and have a chance to pair KP with ayton, doncic, bagley, etc. how many meaningless games have we won at end of seasons to miss out on franchise changing talent?

and stop giving me that crap about oh we gota build a winning culture or we need playoff exp or whatever politically correct bs ya got. the knicks have no clue what they are doing and their goal isnt to win a chip, its to entertain for jus that game. ya should jus boycott the knicks. i dont even other watching anymore. KP is not a franchise player, jus another injury prone diva, and we need to trade him now while his value is high.
    Ah, the voice of Reason.

Last edited by ii77daman; 04-13-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ii77daman View Post
    i dont get why ya even bother watching or yapping about the knicks, its obvious the knicks have no clue what they are doing. so u mean to tell me we could have paired KP with ayton , bagley , doncic etc if we had a top 3 pick? instead we signed beasley and jack, which they helped us win 5-10 games easy. so instead of having a top 1-5 pick, we rather showcase and audition the talents of jack and beasley this season so we could pick 9th and have them go to another team next yr.

the knicks are clueless, their goal isnt to win a chip, its to entertain for that one game.
    and dont give me that politically correct crap about we next playoff exp or a building a winning culture or whatever bs. how many seasons have we wasted away and missed out on a superstar just by winning a few games at the end of a season?
    "Politically correct"? Let it out my friend!

Wonderful the FO spoke to Golden State FO and they came away with build a team not swing for homeruns and strikeout. Sound advice we need to take. Go Knicks.

Did anyone catch Perry's comments on KP being a C or a PF? I had a ****ing call come in right as he was about to answer and never got to hear his response.

Ppl really want Kidd? Lol no thanks I wouldn’t mind Jackson but he’s last on my list

David Fizdale

Ettore Messina (Spurs assistant)

JVG

Quote Originally Posted by thenyknicks View Post
    Hornacek was a good coach. Knicks are a bad organization.
    I agree. Really dumb move on their part. They're bring in some loser like Mark Jackson and the cycle will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Wonderful the FO spoke to Golden State FO and they came away with build a team not swing for homeruns and strikeout. Sound advice we need to take. Go Knicks.
    Unlike real baseball, it's impossible to win without home runs. I suppose good hitters get home runs without necessarily trying for one though.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-12-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Ppl really want Kidd? Lol no thanks I wouldn’t mind Jackson but he’s last on my list

David Fizdale

Ettore Messina (Spurs assistant)

JVG
    Why do you want JVG? I feel like he would present the same issues as Jackson.

I still think Jeff wasn't really given a great opportunity. I think he will move on to a better situation and find success. I think he is a good coach. With all that said, we absolutely made the right choice. We need a fresh voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Does it really matter ? Look at the 76ers, they were considering firing Brown but stayed with him as they got players, Simmons, Reddick, Emblid etc.

D'Antoni was run out of town here, but now he is might be Coach of the Year and his team has the best record in the NBA.

The Knicks just do not have enough good players at the moment , simple as that . Get some good players and I would support you as the next coach.
    The players definitely make or break a team's ultimate success, but you still want a coach who gets the most out of what he has. That will only lead to better outcomes with better players.

This team actually UNDER performed in my opinion pre KP injury. We lost a **** load of games where we were up and blew it in the last 1-2 minutes of the 4th qtr especially on the road. Part of that is signs of a young team but also part of that is signs of incompetent in-game coaching to buck that trend. My heart and head tells me Hornacek is a good coach and I firmly believe he would totally own coaching in the college ranks.

His X-O's are there and there I can confidently say that a lot of players did play up to expectations on this roster, especially the younger players.

Going forward, it almost doesn't matter who the Knicks select as coach. The biggest issue is upgrading the roster. We have 1 Top 3 option in KP and nothing but role players. You already know we need a BIG 3 to at least have a chance. Not likely that Frank becomes 1 of the trio but not impossible. We still are missing that 3rd cog...
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast