Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Exactly...and possibly go down as the greatest college basketball coach in history if he continues to grind. That's legendary status in it's own rite. Could also coach team USA one day...he has other avenues much like coach K
    He could also not win and then hot have 4m extra per year? Takes one hell of a human being to turn day a 4m raise per year and locked in for 5 years.

We are talking close to 30m, vs 12m............and a chance to be legendary taking a team that has not won regularly since the Ewing days and no chip since 1973.

It would be bigger than the Cubs winning lol.........this is NY, the Mecca.

I think Blatt's gonna get an interview because he's buds with Knicks Princeton's brass. But Jackson, Fiz, and Jay Wright should be the ones' seriously considered.

No coaching change is going improve Knicks record next 2 years or heal KP faster lol so whatever. I doubt the next guy even survives till year 3.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    My friend said he saw Perry and Mills laughing after the win against Cavs so yea makes sense they fired Jeff right there.

Probably bought him a hot dog, at least.

Do people really expect the next coach to be allowed full control of player development instead of win more than 80 games in 2 years or your fired lol.

Lol... nope, it would be great though.

Perry says he wants a coach that connects well with tough identity of the past lol oh man this guy is stuck in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Probably bought him a hot dog, at least.

Lol... nope, it would be great though.
    I think what happened is Jeff knew how stupid our FO is and he begged them to fire him after the last game asap so he can go home and forget about all this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Truthfully, David Blatt has the best NBA coaching record of the 3 top candidates with a record of 30-11 with the Cavs. Mark Jackson is second with a record of 121-109 with Golden State. Fizdale never had a young team that he could mold like Jackson did and didn't have the GOAT Lebron like Blatt had but still he managed to have a record of 50-51 with an injured Conley and a Defiant Gasol on his team. He literally took a bunch of G-league players and made them competitive until he stepped on Gasol's toes and the organization took the side of their franchise player.

I'm so glad that the Knicks organization has finally washed their hands clean of the rest of the Phil Jackson Era so now Mills and Perry can put their own guy in place. Jeff was good at pushing his players to play uptempo but he and Rambis were terrible defensive coaches and as much as this is an uptempo NBA, the best teams still play great defense.

Fizdale is all about DEFENSE and as a LONGTIME Knicks fan I know that the last time the Knicks were a contending team back in the 90's was because of their defense. Many think that Fizdale was the mastermind behind the championship Miami Heat defense who won 2 championships there.

Knicks need a young coach that can relate to these kids on the Knicks and has a championship resume to back his basketball schemes and sets. Perry should hire Fizdale.
    Did you not factor in his wins his first year there when the cavs went to the finals?

Perry says he wants a coach that connects well with tough identity of the past lol oh man this guy is stuck in the 90s.

Nah dude, bring on the defense!

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    He could also not win and then hot have 4m extra per year? Takes one hell of a human being to turn day a 4m raise per year and locked in for 5 years.

We are talking close to 30m, vs 12m............and a chance to be legendary taking a team that has not won regularly since the Ewing days and no chip since 1973.

It would be bigger than the Cubs winning lol.........this is NY, the Mecca.
    I get it but the money is gonna come in Villanova where he already IS a legend. He got them 2 national titles in 3 years, he's locked in there for the next 20 years if that's what he wants and with that he will get the money. He can be synonymous with Villanova like coach K at duke or Roy williams at UNC.

In 2-3 years if the Knicks arent improving he'll be out on his *** without a job and low probability of going back to Villanova since they'll already have moved on with another coach. He's living the dream right now, and while every man has his price not every man is willing to take the money if they're already secure and happy in where they and their family are. Lots of different factors I think.

Jay Wright ainít coming. Get a guy who can lead the rebuild and grow with our players - Fizdale or Stackhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Nah dude, bring on the defense!
    Defense sounds nice but when you hand the coaching staff beasly, kanter, koq, mudiay, thjr, jack, kornet lol and make him swear playoffs or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Jay Wright ainít coming. Get a guy who can lead the rebuild and grow with our players - Fizdale or Stackhouse.
    Yea and if he does it will be for only money like Phil no sane person who takes one look at Knicks roster and their strategy plan is coming here to be the savior.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I get it but the money is gonna come in Villanova where he already IS a legend. He got them 2 national titles in 3 years, he's locked in there for the next 20 years if that's what he wants and with that he will get the money. He can be synonymous with Villanova like coach K at duke or Roy williams at UNC.

In 2-3 years if the Knicks arent improving he'll be out on his *** without a job and low probability of going back to Villanova since they'll already have moved on with another coach. He's living the dream right now, and while every man has his price not every man is willing to take the money if they're already secure and happy in where they and their family are. Lots of different factors I think.
    Good points, for sure. I don't think anybody should think that Wright will leave Villanova. It's just a hope, at this point.

Yea and if he does it will be for only money like Phil no sane person who takes one look at Knicks roster and their strategy plan is coming here to be the savior.

Yup.

Dolan is still paying Phil and Jeff, so it would be nice to get a nice young coach on a discount. But itís not my money...

Defense sounds nice but when you hand the coaching staff beasly, kanter, koq, mudiay, thjr, jack, kornet lol and make him swear playoffs or bust.

Yeah but come on man at least try to be more rationale lol. Other than Timmy, the chances of any other player on that list being on the roster in 2019-20 and beyond is not good.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast