Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 173
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    i'm a pretty generous guy lol


    Alright smile doesn't wanna work lmao.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 04-12-2018 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,295
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I like Jay Wright but has repeatedly said his heart is with Villanova and has no plans to leave, and that it would be very hard for him to leave. At some point you have to realize that tempting someone with money to leave a spot where their heart is will not bring that person true happiness. He has to have to desire to take the next step to the NBA and desire to excel.
    Well everyone also has a price tag and Wright makes 2.5m, and that is going down for future years but probably will get his contract redone, and colleges can't go where the NBA can.

    If Jeff, and Fisher got 5M I'm sure the Knicks will offer in the range 7mi and getting 4.5m a year I'm not sure of any human who won't look long and hard at that even 6m will give him 3.5m additional income.

    The other factor is he has proven himself what can do more in college, win yet another championship?

    Besides the money Wright can make himself bigger than life if he takes this franchise anywhere, that is something he will have to look long and hard at.

    He will also make tons of side money being in NY, getting his own shows, he will get invited to all the late night shows.........

    Maybe Knicks entice him and say we will draft Mikal (hopefully available) and trade up for Brunson lol

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Clearly they didn't want him to be part of exit meetings which is why he was fired before today. Why have him do exit meetings when he won't be here next year?

    It sounds bad on the surface - fire him at 2am - but for all we know they had a long conversation on the plane or something. There are a million ways that conversation could go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's possible that Hornacek was like just let me know now...

    That's what happened with Rex Ryan and the Bills. Before the 2nd to last game, Rex basically said let me know now...why wait...and the Bills let him go.
    Yeah, that's true. I don't know, I have a hard time giving the Knicks the benefit of the doubt in general.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,240
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I don't know, I have a hard time giving the Knicks the benefit of the doubt in general.
    True, but Perry and Mills seem like they are trying to do the right thing as far as moving away from the circus and dysfunction.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Agreed on Phil, but that dude was already 70 and couldn't even walk. Wright is a different story. I wouldn't worry about him not putting everything he has into his new gig if he were to leave for the NBA.

    Also, of course he isn't going to entertain the NBA when baited by reporters to create a major headline. He has flirted with it in the past though, but not right after they win a National Championship.
    Phil was also doing a completely new job that isn't nearly as active as coaching is. Clearly he still had the coaching bug, as he was being way too involved in it haha. He was probably just bored with being in an office all day with the excitement coming from making phone calls.

    I wouldn't worry about that with Wright at all. If he decides to make the jump he's not going to lose his love and pride for coaching. Money will definitely be a factor but that's to be expected.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    True, but Perry and Mills seem like they are trying to do the right thing as far as moving away from the circus and dysfunction.
    I feel like we say that with every new regime, though. Mills has been around for too long and through too much drama for me to feel at ease with this organization haha.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    39,295
    I actually have to take a step back on my stand about the Knicks not doing the right thing.

    As I typed that both Mills and Perry were in the stands, that also means they flew back and probably met with Jeff in the Admirals lounge at the Airport.

    Jeff said in his last interview he wanted to meet about his future immediately, and that would have been the proper atmosphere doing it then, and meeting face to face over a couple drinks.

    so I stand corrected on my opinion about waiting till the morning, since the probability of the airport meeting is extremely high.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I actually have to take a step back on my stand about the Knicks not doing the right thing.

    As I typed that both Mills and Perry were in the stands, that also means they flew back and probably met with Jeff in the Admirals lounge at the Airport.

    Jeff said in his last interview he wanted to meet about his future immediately, and that would have been the proper atmosphere doing it then, and meeting face to face over a couple drinks.

    so I stand corrected on my opinion about waiting till the morning, since the probability of the airport meeting is extremely high.
    Oh they were in Cleveland? I agree, never mind then.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    What I worry about with Jackson is what's happening in Minnesota. They are an iso-heavy offense and everyone outside of Towns and Butler gets frozen out. Jackson went about things similarly in GS.

    My vote is for Fizdale. He's a young coach with a modern approach, who also comes from the Pat Riley/Spo coaching tree. He was fired for clashing with Gasol and the Grizzlies picked wrong IMO.

    Of course if Jay Wright were available, I would like that also.

    I don't know much about Stackhouse, but like everything that I've read.

    Blatt didn't seem very respected in Cleveland, so I worry about his personality. I've already seen jokes about Blatt and the NY media.

    I've always thought Doc was a bit overrated...It also doesn't look when players are calling him issue with the Clippers.

    Jason Kidd is too shady for my liking, but I do like that he had the idea of playing Giannis as a PG. Not many coaches would do that.
    Well stated. Today we agree on everything.

    I fear another retread situation, and that includes JVG who was great here before. Maybe he'd be good again, but the NBA is a very different place now. Lastly I'll add that throwing money atpeople hasn't seemed to work so well for us either.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,240
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Oh they were in Cleveland? I agree, never mind then.
    My friend said he saw Perry and Mills laughing after the win against Cavs so yea makes sense they fired Jeff right there.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,240
    Do people really expect the next coach to be allowed full control of player development instead of win more than 80 games in 2 years or your fired lol.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well everyone also has a price tag and Wright makes 2.5m, and that is going down for future years but probably will get his contract redone, and colleges can't go where the NBA can.

    If Jeff, and Fisher got 5M I'm sure the Knicks will offer in the range 7mi and getting 4.5m a year I'm not sure of any human who won't look long and hard at that even 6m will give him 3.5m additional income.

    The other factor is he has proven himself what can do more in college, win yet another championship?

    Besides the money Wright can make himself bigger than life if he takes this franchise anywhere, that is something he will have to look long and hard at.

    He will also make tons of side money being in NY, getting his own shows, he will get invited to all the late night shows.........

    Maybe Knicks entice him and say we will draft Mikal (hopefully available) and trade up for Brunson lol
    Exactly...and possibly go down as the greatest college basketball coach in history if he continues to grind. That's legendary status in it's own rite. Could also coach team USA one day...he has other avenues much like coach K

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,599
    Null

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,383
    I would like Jay Wright as our next coach, its just something about him outside of his wins and looses. He seem like he has that it factor with the players. He commands respect and he's very strategic and the Knicks need someone like that especially in those tight games. The Knicks had some close one's but Hornacek got out coached or made the wrong substitutions at the end of the day. Plenty of times he would take a guy out that's hot and not get him back until he cooled off basically.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,172
    Truthfully, David Blatt has the best NBA coaching record of the 3 top candidates with a record of 30-11 with the Cavs. Mark Jackson is second with a record of 121-109 with Golden State. Fizdale never had a young team that he could mold like Jackson did and didn't have the GOAT Lebron like Blatt had but still he managed to have a record of 50-51 with an injured Conley and a Defiant Gasol on his team. He literally took a bunch of G-league players and made them competitive until he stepped on Gasol's toes and the organization took the side of their franchise player.

    I'm so glad that the Knicks organization has finally washed their hands clean of the rest of the Phil Jackson Era so now Mills and Perry can put their own guy in place. Jeff was good at pushing his players to play uptempo but he and Rambis were terrible defensive coaches and as much as this is an uptempo NBA, the best teams still play great defense.

    Fizdale is all about DEFENSE and as a LONGTIME Knicks fan I know that the last time the Knicks were a contending team back in the 90's was because of their defense. Many think that Fizdale was the mastermind behind the championship Miami Heat defense who won 2 championships there.

    Knicks need a young coach that can relate to these kids on the Knicks and has a championship resume to back his basketball schemes and sets. Perry should hire Fizdale.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •