Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yup. If he's not averaging 18-8 next year he will be a "bust" for many people looking to complain lmao.
    18-8 would garner no complaints from me but he won't....guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Stefan Bondy

Verified account

@SBondyNYDN
    34m34 minutes ago
    More
    Knicks intend to reach out to Jay Wright

And here we go.
    I like Jay Wright but has repeatedly said his heart is with Villanova and has no plans to leave, and that it would be very hard for him to leave. At some point you have to realize that tempting someone with money to leave a spot where their heart is will not bring that person true happiness. He has to have to desire to take the next step to the NBA and desire to excel.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I like Jay Wright but has repeatedly said his heart is with Villanova and has no plans to leave, and that it would be very hard for him to leave. At some point you have to realize that tempting someone with money to leave a spot where their heart is will not bring that person true happiness. He has to have to desire to take the next step to the NBA and desire to excel.
    good point, I never felt like Phil's heart was really in it here, but he couldn't turn down that money.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    18-8 would garner no complaints from me but he won't....guaranteed
    How generous of you.

this is Perry wanting his own guy and he has people in mind when he took this job.

Personally you couldn't let the guy even get home off the plane, or get a good nights sleep? What was so pressing that you had to fire a guy after a game and flight home?

That to me is pretty tacky and sad for the Knicks in my books, what would have 8 hours done? You are not reaching out to anyone at 2am in the morning so WTF.

Is this the change of culture Perry talked about, this didn't sit well with me, I'm a people person and will always think of individuals and their feelings. I know he now will make 5m for sitting home with his kids and wife but that doesn't justify how this was handled.

I'm not saying you don't let him go, most GM's want to win with their guy, and it appears to me this franchise wants nothing to do with anything Phil related.

Having KP will make that really almost impossible but lets now see how the next coach feels about so many things and that starts with Frank.
    trey will be next along with all the development guys.

For me this next guy must be player friendly and have bee-line relationship to FA's. We cannot have a coach that would not attract a FA, need someone that screams out yea I want to play for him.

that list includes Kyrie, so I'm betting on that being one major person they contact for the coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    good point, I never felt like Phil's heart was really in it here, but he couldn't turn down that money.
    Agreed on Phil, but that dude was already 70 and couldn't even walk. Wright is a different story. I wouldn't worry about him not putting everything he has into his new gig if he were to leave for the NBA.

Also, of course he isn't going to entertain the NBA when baited by reporters to create a major headline. He has flirted with it in the past though, but not right after they win a National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this is Perry wanting his own guy and he has people in mind when he took this job.

Personally you couldn't let the guy even get home off the plane, or get a good nights sleep? What was so pressing that you had to fire a guy after a game and flight home?

That to me is pretty tacky and sad for the Knicks in my books, what would have 8 hours done? You are not reaching out to anyone at 2am in the morning so WTF.

Is this the change of culture Perry talked about, this didn't sit well with me, I'm a people person and will always think of individuals and their feelings. I know he now will make 5m for sitting home with his kids and wife but that doesn't justify how this was handled.

I'm not saying you don't let him go, most GM's want to win with their guy, and it appears to me this franchise wants nothing to do with anything Phil related.

Having KP will make that really almost impossible but lets now see how the next coach feels about so many things and that starts with Frank.
    trey will be next along with all the development guys.

For me this next guy must be player friendly and have bee-line relationship to FA's. We cannot have a coach that would not attract a FA, need someone that screams out yea I want to play for him.

that list includes Kyrie, so I'm betting on that being one major person they contact for the coaching position.
    Yeah, I was on board with letting Jeff go but this was handled really poorly. Not only firing him off the plane in the middle of the night like that (wtf?), but to not give this guy the respect of going through the exit meetings today? Probably fired him over text, too... lol.

How generous of you.
    I'm a pretty generous guy lol

Yeah, I was on board with letting Jeff go but this was handled really poorly. Not only firing him off the plane in the middle of the night like that (wtf?), but to not give this guy the respect of going through the exit meetings today? Probably fired him over text, too... lol.
    Clearly they didn't want him to be part of exit meetings which is why he was fired before today. Why have him do exit meetings when he won't be here next year?

It sounds bad on the surface - fire him at 2am - but for all we know they had a long conversation on the plane or something. There are a million ways that conversation could go down.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Hahahahaha oh my god. Jeff could take a punch.

It's possible that Hornacek was like just let me know now...

That's what happened with Rex Ryan and the Bills. Before the 2nd to last game, Rex basically said let me know now...why wait...and the Bills let him go.

Damn. NBA fights used to be fun. Stack would be banned for life in 2018 for that.

I don't know if you can blame our problems on Horneseck. I can blame him for ruining the tank two years in a row, and not being a good development coach. But you can't really blame him for our lousy record. We had a bad team last year and quickly started tanking. We had a bad team this year and started to tank. It would've been better to keep him around for next year because we're going to be bad and we need to tank. If you bring in a new coach I don't know if they will be sold on tanking.

Why not wait until after next year when we finally have a chance to put a real team together. Next year could be a real mess. Also, do you really trust the knicks to hire the right coach?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Agreed on Phil, but that dude was already 70 and couldn't even walk. Wright is a different story. I wouldn't worry about him not putting everything he has into his new gig if he were to leave for the NBA.

Also, of course he isn't going to entertain the NBA when baited by reporters to create a major headline. He has flirted with it in the past though, but not right after they win a National Championship.
    Coaches are also in the trenches and have no choice but to be involved in day-to-day activities.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast