Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    We need a coach who can grow young players to their maximum potential. It seems to me that Mark Jackson did a great job of that in GS, even though they didn't really explode until Kerr got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    sign lebron as the first ever player/coach for the knicks
    This is actually not a bad Idea at all....coaches salary isn't part of the salary cap. Could hire Fizdale whom he loves, as assistant head coach. Pay Lebron 30 Million to coach/play and use our salary cap and picks to build the roster around him. Go after Kawhi and Dame

What I worry about with Jackson is what's happening in Minnesota. They are an iso-heavy offense and everyone outside of Towns and Butler gets frozen out. Jackson went about things similarly in GS.

My vote is for Fizdale. He's a young coach with a modern approach, who also comes from the Pat Riley/Spo coaching tree. He was fired for clashing with Gasol and the Grizzlies picked wrong IMO.

Of course if Jay Wright were available, I would like that also.

I don't know much about Stackhouse, but like everything that I've read.

Blatt didn't seem very respected in Cleveland, so I worry about his personality. I've already seen jokes about Blatt and the NY media.

I've always thought Doc was a bit overrated...It also doesn't look when players are calling him issue with the Clippers.

Jason Kidd is too shady for my liking, but I do like that he had the idea of playing Giannis as a PG. Not many coaches would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackOakley View Post
    See ya Jeff. We hardly knew you. The coaching carousel continues in NY. I think he was dealt a losing hand, elevated the team slightly in the beginning of the year and then everything came crashing back down when he realized he didn't have the talent. I think lack of defensive development will be a big reason and player development.

He was a perfectly fine coach but not a great one. I just hope they give the next one a longer leash.
    When you lose 50 games with a team of KP, Melo, rose, lee, Noah and Jennings I got no sympathy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Give Fizdale a 5 year deal. Let it be known that we are rebuilding and that Fizdale will be given room to grow along with the players ala Brett Brown and the Sixers.
    Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    When you lose 50 games with a team of KP, Melo, rose, lee, Noah and Jennings I got no sympathy for you.
    Wasn't as simple as that. Jackson was forcing the triangle down his throat. I think it's a losing recipe for a GM to dictate playing style to a coach. But let's not go down the Phil road again, since it's been discussed to death here. I don't think the circumstances were ideal in either year for a multitude of reasons.

Ok, Who's next on the blame game? I picked Melo and Horndog as easy favorites for the 17-18' Hater Award but 18-19' is much tougher now. Beasley? Kantor? who's next? this one is much tougher. Ahh..figured it out. Trey Burke will be the next fall guy. Heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Ok, Who's next on the blame game? I picked Melo and Horndog as easy favorites for the 17-18' Hater Award but 18-19' is much tougher now. Beasley? Kantor? who's next? this one is much tougher. Ahh..figured it out. Trey Burke will be the next fall guy. Heard it here first.
    Accepting the award for Phil Jackson...Frank Ntilikina!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3929914

Knicks to reach out to Villanova's Jay Wright about coaching job
    BY FRANK ISOLA

The Knicks intend to contact Villanova's Jay Wright about their head coaching vacancy, the Daily News has learned.

According to a source close to the club, Knicks management believes Wright would be a perfect candidate for a rebuilding club. Wright, who has won two national championships over the last three years, has been linked to NBA jobs in the past but has never given any indication he wants to leave Villanova.

"He told me years ago that he wanted to make Villanova into the Duke of the Northeast," says a person close to Wright. "It would take a lot for him to leave."

Wright is 420–165 as a head coach at both Hofstra and Villanova.

“The NBA does intrigue me,” Wright told The Athletic. “That challenge is appealing, but it’s not worth giving up working with these guys. The whole thing is, to take a new challenge you have to give up what you have. I don’t want to give up what I have. Would I like to coach in the NBA? Yes. But I have to give this up in order to do that, and I don’t see that happening.”

Wright, Mark Jackson, Doc Rivers, Jerry Stackhouse, Craig Robinson, Jeff Van Gundy, David Blatt and David Fizdale are all considered candidates to replace Jeff Hornacek, who was fired early Thursday morning after two years on the bench. The Knicks also fired associate head coach Kurt Rambis.

Stackhouse, who currently coaches in the G-League for Toronto's minor-league team, is regarded as a strong candidate for the Orlando Magic head coaching job.

Robinson is another longshot Knicks candidate, according to a team source. The former Oregon State head coach — and brother of former First Lady Michelle Obama — currently serves as the Knicks’ VP of player and organization development.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I agree that Frank mostly was given the right amount of minutes and leash this year. I think people were mostly frustrated in the middle of the season prior to the lead up to the ASB when Frank was playing 15 mins or fewer in some games and Jack was seeing big mins. (And Trey was stuck to the bench). To me, that’s inexcusable for a team that was one game away from being the worst team in the entire league for last two-thirds of the season.
    I hear you, but I view it as insignificant to Frank's long term development. Frank was mid-rookie wall and playing terrible and without confidence. I think Jeff did a solid job weathering that stretch with Frank and building him back up to finish the year with his strongest play as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackOakley View Post
    You may be right, but if you don't think Mills/Perry are going to cite performance related reasons, then you're kidding yourself. Coaches/players are judged on performance. If they wanted to hand pick a coach then they should have done it in the beginning of the year. But, is what it is.
    Of course they won't, I was basically saying no one should buy the Perry/Mills line. I don't think they had enough time to conduct a legit coaching search before the season, or they probably would have. End of the season is where the candidate pool opens up big time, it would have been a mad rush to try and find the right guy weeks before training camp.

Wow. I would be all over this. This move would be fantastic from a PR perspective - Knicks need some good vibes going into next season.

Yes, please! Please, Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Accepting the award for Phil Jackson...Frank Ntilikina!
    Yup. If he's not averaging 18-8 next year he will be a "bust" for many people looking to complain lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I also liked Dantoni.
    I liked Jeff and thought he would be an excellent teacher but the FO wanted to chase the playoffs so he got stuck in the middle of winning and development. It was a crappy scenario for any coach. I can only imagine what this team might have looked like had he been able to run the young guys all season like he has the last month,
    The development of Frank, Dotson, Kornet and Hicks has been great to watch the last few weeks. Kornett can fit the backup to KP nicely. Doston looks like a legit rotation player and Hicks looks like he could be a decent bench player at worst. Frank looks like a different player.

I like the idea of Jackson, Kidd and Stackhouse is an interesting option. he did a great job with the D leaguers so we know he can develop talent.
    I just want a coach who can teach, get the guys to move and share the ball and who can motivate the defense to be nasty.
    Just to be clear, the goal should always be trying to make the playoffs while developing. It's why coaches makes millions of dollars...not just development. Winning cultures are formed by winning.

Stefan Bondy

Verified account

@SBondyNYDN
    34m34 minutes ago
    More
    Knicks intend to reach out to Jay Wright

And here we go.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast