Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Knicks fire Hornacek

Via Woj
    Conversation
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    Knicks dismissed coach Jeff Hornacek, league sources tell ESPN. Management informed Hornacek of decision upon returning to New York late tonight.
    1:39 AM Apr 12, 2018
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Wow that was fast

Who we gettin?

Thank god.

Rambis gone as well. Worst coach on the planet not on our team anymore, sweet.

Mark Jackson or Doc Rivers... David fizdale (Sleeper)

THE REAL DRAFT GURU

Real Soldiers Dont TANK!

If Doc Rivers becomes the next coach I reconsider the other thread about not being a knicks fan anymore.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    If Doc Rivers becomes the next coach I reconsider the other thread about not being a knicks fan anymore.
    Why? Unless I am mistaken, and correct me if you want, but I believe that a coach is only as good as his players.

I don't know if you were part of the group that was exhorting the firing of Mike D'Antoni when he was coaching the Knicks. Now, he is coaching the team with the best record in the NBA and the number 1 seed in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why? Unless I am mistaken, and correct me if you want, but I believe that a coach is only as good as his players.

I don't know if you were part of the group that was exhorting the firing of Mike D'Antoni when he was coaching the Knicks. Now, he is coaching the team with the best record in the NBA and the number 1 seed in the West.
    No need to correct you, I agree. And by the way I liked having Dantoni around, because he was coaching and developing players to a certain style of play, which I considered modern at that time.

Doc Rivers, is the complete opposite to me, he had great talent in Boston and with the Clippers and underperfomed, both teams had their issues in itself. Which speaks for losing control of your players. Can't remember any player that he developed and lasted in the nba. Except his son and Rondo. If you want to develop a team for the future, find a young coach with a system and a vision. I dont think he fits that bill. I consider him a coach that got overtaken by the way basketball is played today.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by Mayweather&NYK View Post
    Mark Jackson or Doc Rivers... David fizdale (Sleeper)
    Does it really matter ? Look at the 76ers, they were considering firing Brown but stayed with him as they got players, Simmons, Reddick, Emblid etc.

D'Antoni was run out of town here, but now he is might be Coach of the Year and his team has the best record in the NBA.

The Knicks just do not have enough good players at the moment , simple as that . Get some good players and I would support you as the next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    No need to correct you, I agree. And by the way I liked having Dantoni around, because he was coaching and developing players to a certain style of play, which I considered modern at that time.

Doc Rivers, is the complete opposite to me, he had great talent in Boston and with the Clippers and underperfomed, both teams had their issues in itself. Which speaks for losing control of your players. Can't remember any player that he developed and lasted in the nba. Except his son and Rondo. If you want to develop a team for the future, find a young coach with a system and a vision. I dont think he fits that bill. I consider him a coach that got overtaken by the way basketball is played today.
    I agree with your thinking. I was going to post that the Knicks should look for a young coach with a system and I was hoping for the next Brad Stevens, but I could not think of any. I initially thought of Jay Wright but I am not sure he fits the bill nor whether he would leave Villanova now.

Perry was probably pissed at Hornacek for winning our final game so he didn't waste time to axe him!!

-I now baptized you as Porzingod.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Perry was probably pissed at Hornacek for winning our final game so he didn't waste time to axe him!!
    I think that this year (and I like that) it was more about seeing if he does a very good job given the chance. He didn"t performed very well. He said we want to focus more on defense and we didn't, he said we want to shoot more 3's and we didn't, he said we want to develope youth and we not really committed to that.

As a Pjax relict, to fire him and rabies is a expected move from Perry/Mills.
    `

Hornacek was a good coach. Knicks are a bad organization.

Quote Originally Posted by thenyknicks View Post
    Hornacek was a good coach. Knicks are a bad organization.
    Not sure why you think that. Give some reasons, stats or something to prove that.
    `

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast