Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    There are just a lot of potentially great players in this draft. I am not saying he is going to be bad, or even bust, I just like the game of others for the Kings more. I am honestly basing this on just a feeling with Bamba. He seems to be surprising a lot of people. I am trying to see what will be there a few years down the road. Doncic may average 15, 7, 7... I like the potential of Bagley and Bamba. I just wonder how much of a difference there would be between 1-7. Fultz was the consensus number one pick last year, but Boston did their thing. Bamba, Bagley, Ayton, and Bridges are my favorites in this draft.
    I like Bamba a lot, too. I worry a little about any prospect that suddenly shoots up the boards based on their combine/workouts. He was already high, but there were a lot of concerns about his offense that people seem to be more willing to ignore now. I get the idea about basing it on feeling, too. I know that Bagley has a lot of pro potential, but I just don't have a good feeling about him. I don't think he's going to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I like Bamba a lot, too. I worry a little about any prospect that suddenly shoots up the boards based on their combine/workouts. He was already high, but there were a lot of concerns about his offense that people seem to be more willing to ignore now. I get the idea about basing it on feeling, too. I know that Bagley has a lot of pro potential, but I just don't have a good feeling about him. I don't think he's going to be special.
    Bagley is funny that way, either he is going to be just ok, or he is going to be a star.

I'm not very high on Bagley either. I don't see him becoming a go-to scorer - someone you can give the ball and say "go get me two points." At the same time, he's not a very good defender. So, to me, that leaves him as a good rebounder and someone who will get hustle points. That's a valuable role, but not worthy of a #2 pick.

I'm also out on Porter. The fact that he's being somewhat secretive about his medical records leads me to believe something is wrong there. Otherwise, he'd send the records out all over the place.

Call me crazy, but I'm not buying into this idea that the Kings are so cold on Doncic. I know it's been reported a lot that they will pass on him, but I'm just not buying into it right now.

Vlade and Peja are running the Kings basketball operations and am I supposed to believe they have no interest in drafting one of the best Euro prospects of this modern era? The game today is moving in the direction of that European style as well. Excuse my skepticism, but I'm just not buying into it at the moment. Maybe it's a smoke screen, but IDK why the Kings would let out a smoke screen in this situation.

Would I be surprised if Silver announces Bagley as the pick on June 21st? No, not at all. It would certainly confirm the rumors that the Kings are low on Doncic. But until that happens, I'm assuming these reports are nonsense and that Doncic is the most likely pick here.

For what it's worth, I don't expect the Kings to take anyone else like Jackson, Porter, or Bamba. I would be shocked if any of those three were taken. That doesn't mean I think those one of them can't become a great player, but I just don't expect the Kings to reach for one of them with the #2 pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Another thing... there is all this talk about the Kings front office being really high on Giles. Well if that's the case, then why would you take another big.

So, if the Kings take Bagley, it means one of two things:

1) They aren't as high on Giles as what's been reported.

2) Vlade is stuck in the old ages thinking you can never have enough good bigs. We all know that over drafting bigs doesn't really align with the modern NBA especially when none of those bigs can really act as a true rim protecting defensive anchor. It's just not a modern way to building a team.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm not buying into this idea that the Kings are so cold on Doncic. I know it's been reported a lot that they will pass on him, but I'm just not buying into it right now.

Vlade and Peja are running the Kings basketball operations and am I supposed to believe they have no interest in drafting one of the best Euro prospects of this modern era? The game today is moving in the direction of that European style as well. Excuse my skepticism, but I'm just not buying into it at the moment. Maybe it's a smoke screen, but IDK why the Kings would let out a smoke screen in this situation.

Would I be surprised if Silver announces Bagley as the pick on June 21st? No, not at all. It would certainly confirm the rumors that the Kings are low on Doncic. But until that happens, I'm assuming these reports are nonsense and that Doncic is the most likely pick here.

For what it's worth, I don't expect the Kings to take anyone else like Jackson, Porter, or Bamba. I would be shocked if any of those three were taken. That doesn't mean I think those one of them can't become a great player, but I just don't expect the Kings to reach for one of them with the #2 pick.
    I'm in agreement with you. As far as I know, Jonathan Givony is the only one who has reported that the Kings aren't high on Doncic and then other outlets took that and ran with it. Vlade and Vivek either are or just were in Europe scouting Doncic, so there's obviously some interest.

They are not cold on Doncic...but they are not cold on MPJ either.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kin...lock-no-2-pick

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    They are not cold on Doncic...but they are not cold on MPJ either.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kin...lock-no-2-pick
    I would agree. Those two seem like the leaders. As mentioned above, the team really likes Giles. But I think that also has to do with draft position. As a late round pick, they like him. More than bagley? Probably not. And both could probably play together with bagley at center- but not the best fit.

I think the extra looks at porter is not only deciding on how his health is, but who fits the team better. Doncic is more of a team player who needs the ball in his hands. Porter is more of a scorer. If bogi and Giles develop onto our best scoring options, then doncic would fit great. Though he'd take away from fox running the show.

Porter would be a great go to scorer, but might be a little selfish in that side- similar to Carmelo. But a better fit for fox.

It sounds like the Kings are down to 3 people they want to draft at number 2.

Doncic: Sounds like they had scouts there watching the Euroleague Finals and Vlade and Vivek just got back from watching a game in Spain.

Bagley: They went to watch his "pro day" at the end of May.

MPJ: I think he is the next stop for Vlade and Vivek to watch workout twice. The first one sounded like any team could watch and the second was just the top 10 teams. His dad said he took a physical with the Bulls and they will share those medical records at one of the two work out. Not sure what one.

Give me Doncic over Porter. This whole Porter/Bulls/Injury thing is weird.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Give me Doncic over Porter. This whole Porter/Bulls/Injury thing is weird.
    I've been on the porter bandwagon for a while now, but it is getting a little weird. You'd think we'd be given a chance to have our staff look at him considering we're interested and probably the highest he can get drafted.

On a side note, is doncic being from Slovenia a positive or negative for divac? I know divas has always had strong political ties- I think his close friendship with Drazen petrovic ended as a result of politics. Not sure how Slovenia and Serbia feel about each other. I think we're quick to assume that divac loves European players... but could it be more complicated?

I'm not sold on Bagley but I have my list down to 5 people JJJ, MPJ, Doncic, Ayton and Bagley I'm not sold on Bagley but I see why people are excited about his offensive potential but you will have to sell me on Bagley plus I will need alcohol to help me accept him

Bagley has to show he can create his own offense without the low post. If he can show that, then he's a viable choice. And I'm not talking about hitting open 3's (which would be useful as well). I'm talking about creating his own shot.

Maybe he can do it, but wasn't given the option at Duke. The college game is very different from the NBA with less spacing involved and some of the top college coaches will limit what they allow their players to do offensively.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Bagley has to show he can create his own offense without the low post. If he can show that, then he's a viable choice. And I'm not talking about hitting open 3's (which would be useful as well). I'm talking about creating his own shot.

Maybe he can do it, but wasn't given the option at Duke. The college game is very different from the NBA with less spacing involved and some of the top college coaches will limit what they allow their players to do offensively.
    Well today he'll have his opportunity to show that to the kings. We have a bunch of PF/C and they have seen what they can and can not do. To get drafted 2nd overall he'll have to blow them away. If he doesn't Doncic will be selected @ #2.

Well he was the #1 recruit out of high school and he dominated at Duke with a 64% eFG%. So maybe Coach K just limited him offensively to doing what will dominate the college game. Maybe he is more versatile and has others skills that can translate to the NBA. We've seen that be the case for a number of high recruits coming out of high school. If he can create offense for himself outside of the low post, then I'm fine with taking him #2.
    Marmolololololol

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast