Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Definitely not Hayward. If we stayed at 7, then Hayward would have been a good move for me. I would probably trade for KAT though.
    I think I'm with you on that. Although, I might be willing to do the Hayward trade if we also get a first back. Maube our pick from next year? Doubt they'd do that though. But if I were the celtics, I'd overpay for a chance to get a great big man. Theyve got talent that'll go wasted and can really use another big.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I really think it's more of a four man tier. I really like porter for us. But how about a trade for a player, not a trade down. What if the celtics offered Gordon Hayward. Or if minnesota offered KAT? What player would you trade for?...
    I would have to go with Towns... He's 22 and healthy; whereas, Hayward is coming off a serious injury at 28.

Is a healthy Porter Jr. better than Doncic? All I know is the Kings better not F this up! They have to come away with a future All Star talent!

I'm interested in seeing what the Kings do at SF if they don't come away with one in the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what the Kings do at SF if they don't come away with one in the draft...
    Hejzonia.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

I'd have to agree that super Mario is an option. But, if we don't draft a SF at 2 it'd because we drafted a big man. In that case, I think WCS would be traded. I know drafting a big man doesn't necessitate the move, I just think it would be a likely outcome. So which SF on the trade block could we get with WCS? Wiggins? I also like Dzanan Musa if we can get another draft pick

I would have to go with Towns... He's 22 and healthy; whereas, Hayward is coming off a serious injury at 28.

Is a healthy Porter Jr. better than Doncic? All I know is the Kings better not F this up! They have to come away with a future All Star talent!
    Better is a tough word to use in this situation. I think porter is more of a go to guy. More of a dominate scorer. Yet not as good of a passer. Both can become great players, but you'll need different players surrounding them.

I think a healthy porter will be similar to Paul George. It's hard to think of a comp for doncic. Toughest part is figuring out how he fits in athletically. He plays like a PG but is a SF really. But isnt very fast. I'm leaning to porter if healthy.

I'll take Doncic over Porter.

Doncic has a bit of Hayward in his game and a bit of Ginobli as well. Truth is, I think he'll be a better passer than both and can average 6 assists per game in the NBA. He's not a horrible athlete even if that's not a strength of his. I think his craftiness, size, intelligence, and ball handling will allow him to succeed in the league. Plenty of players with his level of athleticism have had great success in the NBA. Doncic has the skill set to succeed IMO.

Porter is too much of a question mark to take him at #2 overall. Doncic is a proven winner in the 2nd toughest basketball league in the world. I'll go with Doncic.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Better is a tough word to use in this situation. I think porter is more of a go to guy. More of a dominate scorer. Yet not as good of a passer. Both can become great players, but you'll need different players surrounding them.

I think a healthy porter will be similar to Paul George. It's hard to think of a comp for doncic. Toughest part is figuring out how he fits in athletically. He plays like a PG but is a SF really. But isnt very fast. I'm leaning to porter if healthy.
    Doncic is a SF. It's really that simple. He has some point guard skills, but he's still a forward at the end of the day. The dude is 6'8".
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Doncic is a SF. It's really that simple. He has some point guard skills, but he's still a forward at the end of the day. The dude is 6'8".
    He can play anywhere offensively, but where can he be a reasonable defender? That's for anyone though? I actually think he would be best defending SFs, but he would have a hell of a time against the best ones, which is the problem with drafting a non-athletic player.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    He can play anywhere offensively, but where can he be a reasonable defender? That's for anyone though? I actually think he would be best defending SFs, but he would have a hell of a time against the best ones, which is the problem with drafting a non-athletic player.
    If he's a legit 6'8, he can probably guard some PF's depending on the matchup. He's a pretty big guy. Also, minus maybe around 5-10 guys, there's not that many wings I worry about lighting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Oh, I agree he's s SF. I also read the ginobli/Hayward comp...but I think it's a little off. I definitely see him similar to Larry bird as well. Only difference is Larry was 6-9 and averaged more rebounds than I think doncic will. Then there's the 3pt thing. My memory of Larry was that he was a great 3pt shooter. He started off a little shaky the first few years, though. So if doncic can develop as such, he'll be great offensively.

One of the reasons I lean to porter (if healthy) is that I think he fits our team better. With fox being less of a shooter, and not having a go to scorer, I think porter can fill the roles better on our team. Had we taken Dennis smith jr last year, I think doncic would have been a better pick.

Either way though, I'm not against picking either player. Actually the top 4 will be ok with me- with ayton and bagley included. Bagley is actually last on my list, mostly due to the Giles kool-aid.

I don't see the Bird comparison.

I also can't compare him to a legend like that either.
    Marmolololololol

Oh, I agree he's s SF. I also read the ginobli/Hayward comp...but I think it's a little off. I definitely see him similar to Larry bird as well. Only difference is Larry was 6-9 and averaged more rebounds than I think doncic will. Then there's the 3pt thing. My memory of Larry was that he was a great 3pt shooter. He started off a little shaky the first few years, though. So if doncic can develop as such, he'll be great offensively.

One of the reasons I lean to porter (if healthy) is that I think he fits our team better. With fox being less of a shooter, and not having a go to scorer, I think porter can fill the roles better on our team. Had we taken Dennis smith jr last year, I think doncic would have been a better pick.

Either way though, I'm not against picking either player. Actually the top 4 will be ok with me- with ayton and bagley included. Bagley is actually last on my list, mostly due to the Giles kool-aid.
    I wanted Porter a year ago before last season started. I was enamored with him and thought he would be the next big thing. That was even before Bagley committed to Duke. I thought Porter was gonna be the #1 pick with Ayton being the #2 pick. I heard of Doncic too, but I wasn't interested in him too much due to the fact that he was only logging 15 minutes a night and was merely a role player in Europe.

That was a year ago though. A lot has changed.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Who wouldn't have a hell of a time guarding the best ones?
    Marmolololololol

Doncic at least according to people who met him he is really 6'6 6'7 so he isn't a small ball 4 but does that hurt him no for me all I want is the Kings draft pick to work out because if it doesn't then we are back to square 1 you would have to sell me hard on Bagley but I would not be mad if we did draft him

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast