Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Offseason Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the Kings offseason. Some big decisions coming up with Kosta, Temple, Shumpert options. Expect that all will opt in.

This offseason will be huge because the Kings don't have a 2019 1st so they need to nail this offseason and win as much as possible next year.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

If the Kings draft a sf who do you sign and if the Kings draft a big who do you sign if its different me if I draft a SF then I sign Sampson, waive Hayes sign either Gordon or Randle or look at centers to sign but if I draft a C/PF I sign a Wilson Chandler. Wesley Johnson, Mario Hezojna, or a Rodney Hood (if I can't get anyone)

On one hand, I'd be happy with Gordon or Randle. On the other hand, what about Skal and Giles. I still think Skal has potential and I'm excited to see Giles. Do we pay big money to get their replacement?

I think trading for an overpriced contract and getting an asset in return is also a good option. Chandler Parsons comes to mind. He is a potential contributor, so it would be a win if we can get him and an additional asset.

So what do you think the chances are the Kings make a dumb move and trade pieces for CJ McCollum

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    So what do you think the chances are the Kings make a dumb move and trade pieces for CJ McCollum
    I don't see it. I think management loves Bogi and Buddy. If we trade with Portland, I could see us going after Harkless or Turner. We could probably get their draft pick or a prospect for taking on a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    I don't understand why you would even think about adding a SG. We finally have that spot locked up.

Bogdan/Buddy/Iman/Temple (if he opts in, Iman already said he wont) Fox can even play alittle SG with Mason on the floor. I doubt we even look at that spot.

We need a SF, PF, or Center.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I don't understand why you would even think about adding a SG. We finally have that spot locked up.

Bogdan/Buddy/Iman/Temple (if he opts in, Iman already said he wont) Fox can even play alittle SG with Mason on the floor. I doubt we even look at that spot.

We need a SF, PF, or Center.
    Really? I hadn't heard that Shumpert said he's opting out. That kinda surprises me. I understand that he probably doesn't want to be in Sac, but he's walking away from a lot of money. Nothing against Shumpert as a person, but it would help the Kings if he opts out.

Quote Originally Posted by 101O11 View Post
    That was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Really? I hadn't heard that Shumpert said he's opting out. That kinda surprises me. I understand that he probably doesn't want to be in Sac, but he's walking away from a lot of money. Nothing against Shumpert as a person, but it would help the Kings if he opts out.
    I guess i didn't communicate well enough.
    Iman said he was going to stay.
    Temple may not.

I guess i didn't communicate well enough.
    Iman said he was going to stay.
    Temple may not.
    Makes more sense. Shumpert is probably going to have to spend time at SF.

We are going to have some where in the neighborhood of 36 million to spend if everyone opts in. If you have looked at the free agent list you would maybe throw-up. It's bad, there are a couple Max-option player for us, none of which should be, but this cast of free agents are bad.

Who ever said thowing a max at Clint was maybe on to something... i laughed but there is not much out there.

Aaron Gordon
    Jabari Parker
    DeAndre Jordan

Seesh!

We are going to have some where in the neighborhood of 36 million to spend if everyone opts in. If you have looked at the free agent list you would maybe throw-up. It's bad, there are a couple Max-option player for us, none of which should be, but this cast of free agents are bad.

Who ever said thowing a max at Clint was maybe on to something... i laughed but there is not much out there.

Aaron Gordon
    Jabari Parker
    DeAndre Jordan

Seesh!
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for those guys in free agency. Last season we had a lot of cap space and we ended up with George Hill - who was touted as the biggest signing in Kings history.

I'm hoping we can use our cap space in a trade. Maybe get a draft pick or a prospect for taking on a bad contract.

Minor news: Bogdan had a minor knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus. Expected to make full recovery.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Does anyone think we should try to trade for Whiteside? He can probably be had for nothing. Thinking something like Randolph and maybe Temple for Whiteside and the Heats 2019 1st rounder (for taking on the salary)

I don't see him as a bad player and we can have a rotation of Whiteside, Giles with WCS off the bench. Would definitely improve our interior def. We get a 1st rounder next year and go for Porter or Bridges this draft.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast