Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 149
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    243
    Joel better come back next game. We are in trouble if he doesn't, this is what the playoffs are about, teams adjust and will start to shut down our pace and space. Our shooters were shut down, Fultz looked 19, and covington was the bad shot bad pass lynchpin of another teams run that he was earlier in the year. Anyone who doesn't want Lebron needs to watch this game and see how in the playoffs you need a one on one player who can dominate from the perimeter. The heat have the best one in the series and he killed us tonight (wade). Players like that can will you to a win once a series. We lost home court tonight, let's hope we get it back in Miami

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    20,009
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    Joel better come back next game. We are in trouble if he doesn't, this is what the playoffs are about, teams adjust and will start to shut down our pace and space. Our shooters were shut down, Fultz looked 19, and covington was the bad shot bad pass lynchpin of another teams run that he was earlier in the year. Anyone who doesn't want Lebron needs to watch this game and see how in the playoffs you need a one on one player who can dominate from the perimeter. The heat have the best one in the series and he killed us tonight (wade). Players like that can will you to a win once a series. We lost home court tonight, let's hope we get it back in Miami
    I donít want him. Iíll take playoff p though.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    243
    Playoff Paul works also, but he is not as likely to come here. How can you not want Lebron, put him in for ***** *** roco and we win the east at least

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    20,009
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    Playoff Paul works also, but he is not as likely to come here. How can you not want Lebron, put him in for ***** *** roco and we win the east at least
    Because he takes ball from Ben and embiid too much. All we need is a pure finisher. Sometimes lebron is that but itís not his nature. Paul essentiallly is super-Roco. He fits perfect. If he doesnít want to come here heíd be an idiot. Instant dynasty.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    465
    Very physical game. Ridiculous to an extent. Can someone explain to me when they are suppose to call a flagrant? Or even review one. They reviewed an offensive foul by ben early in the game to check. But ben gets hog tied and they do not review it. I guess I donít understand the rule.

    We did not match their physical play. And it seemed when we tried to we always got called for it. We need to learn how to play physical. I guess this is the playoffs.

    As bad as we played we were down 2 with the ball with 3 min left in the game. Then wade got that steal and killed our momentum.

    I was at the game and the crowd was standing from about the 8 min mark until the end of the game. Great atmosphere. I was hoping we were going to pull it out. But this is the exact type of game we need Embiid for.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,525
    Looking at tonight as glass half full. Honestly. It was definitely frustrating as a fan for like 70% of the game, but there are reasons I feel good. And the good outweighs the bad.

    1) Good learning experience. Itís super valuable for our team to go through a game like that in the playoffs. Miami made it ugly and dragged us down. We need to be more ready for games like that.

    2) The comeback we had in the 4th was huge for us mentally. Digging deep and rallying when it was almost out of hand. Couldnít complete the comeback, but we had them on the ropes.

    3) Having Embiid for a game like that makes a huge difference. Heís our biggest enforcer, and heís a guy that can get baskets with power in the block when we need it. And heís not gonna let them attack the paint the way they did to us in key moments.

    4) Miamiís offense is awful. I think they showed that tonight is the only way they have a chance to win games. Making it as ugly as possible. They threw us off our game and we still almost won. I just donít think they can beat 4 times like that. Weíre too good.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Looking at tonight as glass half full. Honestly. It was definitely frustrating as a fan for like 70% of the game, but there are reasons I feel good. And the good outweighs the bad.

    1) Good learning experience. Itís super valuable for our team to go through a game like that in the playoffs. Miami made it ugly and dragged us down. We need to be more ready for games like that.

    2) The comeback we had in the 4th was huge for us mentally. Digging deep and rallying when it was almost out of hand. Couldnít complete the comeback, but we had them on the ropes.

    3) Having Embiid for a game like that makes a huge difference. Heís our biggest enforcer, and heís a guy that can get baskets with power in the block when we need it. And heís not gonna let them attack the paint the way they did to us in key moments.

    4) Miamiís offense is awful. I think they showed that tonight is the only way they have a chance to win games. Making it as ugly as possible. They threw us off our game and we still almost won. I just donít think they can beat 4 times like that. Weíre too good.
    Good points all around.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    674
    Losing game 2 at home was disappointing. In both games we trailed at the half. That can't happen on the road if we expect to win, especially in the playoffs. Honestly, I think to win the series Embiid has to play game 3 and beyond.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,075
    Markelle fultz minutes to start the second were awful. That stalled the offense and it didnít recover in the first half. Not saying it was his fault but Brett got a little tricky there with the 7 point lead and it affected the game. The kid needs minutes but Iíd like to see him on the court with Ben once. The wade steal ended the game. That entry play is too predictable. Of course if they do it again just hit the corner three.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,509
    we werent going to sweep them and we showed life in the 4th and prob should have took this one even with everything working against us. Sounds like Embiid will be back next game and we should route them again. The **** wade gets away with blows my mind, but i told you all last week that we should brace for him to have a game like this and carry them to a win.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.


    01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

    Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    45,551

    PROCESSING

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yeah I'm really hating the Heat and their players. I didn't give a damn about that roster full of C+ players before this series but man they are going to leave a bad taste in my mouth before this series is over.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Losing game 2 at home was disappointing. In both games we trailed at the half. That can't happen on the road if we expect to win, especially in the playoffs. Honestly, I think to win the series Embiid has to play game 3 and beyond.
    It's not the end of the world we lost. We were bound to lose at some point after a historic winning streak. And WTF at being behind at the half on the road? Can we not come back? I mean we do have the ability to come back on the road. We've done it before so if we get behind on the road, again not the end of the world. The Heat are going to have to play like they did last night for the rest of this series. Everything almost went perfect for them and they still almost blew it. I don't see panic in this Sixer team. They lost, welcome to the playoffs now continue on with playing good solid basketball and they will be fine.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    45,551
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Yeah I'm really hating the Heat and their players. I didn't give a damn about that roster full of C+ players before this series but man they are going to leave a bad taste in my mouth before this series is over.
    There's actually people defending him....

    PROCESSING

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,509
    Embiid is listed as doubtful for tonight.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.


    01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

    Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •