Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Playoffs 2018: Round 1 vs. Miami Heat

It starts now. Letís go!
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 04-11-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Sweep and move on...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Ive always been a TJ guy and loved last nightís performance but we need to cut him out early rotation and add Anderson.

Playoff backs go keep this for me...

Johnson/Holmes
    Ersan
    Anderson
    Marco
    Markelle/TJ

That is solid.

#TheFinals. #ibelieve

Embiid has his mask. Apparently the nba must approve it. I hope he plays game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjherm View Post
    Embiid has his mask. Apparently the nba must approve it. I hope he plays game 2.
    It's because he wants to use a black mask and NBA rules state they must approve of the mask.

PROCESSING

His peripheral vision looks awful with that thing.

Itís card in any mask, including the clear ones.

Brown said itís unlikely he plays game 1. Game 2 is on Monday. I think I would expect him to play in thatís one.

PROCESSING

Game 1 is massive without Embiid. Come out on top and this might be a sweep. i think we take it in 6 though. love the way the schedule broke out too, i wont miss to miss any action.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Ok so I've been thinking about the matchups here:
    Simmons on Dragic
    Redick on TJohnson
    Cov on Richardson
    Saric on JJohnson
    Embiid/Johnson on Whiteside

I would work my rotation so Covington is also in there when Wayne Ellington is in there. Put Cov on Ellington to limit him. I would use Fultz on Wade. Fultz, IMO is one of the few guys we have that's well equipped to work Wade hard on the defensive end. Let Belli take Winslow if he plays. I would go small ball when Bam is in, but not when Olynyk is in. When Olynyk is in, we need Johnson (When Embiid is playing) because Johnson can really bang with him and make Olynyk work. Other than that, sprinkle in some Illy, but that's how short of a bench I would go with. Anderson, TJ, Holmes....only use if absolutely needed.

PROCESSING

Alright - Letís talk some playoff basketball. Feels good to say that! Two topics Iím interested in are the matchup with the Heat and how Embiid coming back would impact our recent amazing play.

1) The Heat make me a little nervous, but Iím eagerly awaiting the team to squash all those nerves in game 1, fairly easily. They've played us well all year, season series is 2-2. They can shoot the 3 well, Spoelstra preaches defense, and Whiteside can be problematic for Embiid at times, more than anyone else in the east playoff picture. Theyíre depth and playoff experience is underrated as well. Weíre just on such a higher level than we were at any other point in the year when we played them though. We are an elite team now. Thatís a fact. Itís time to be confident as ever in this team.

2) Embiid coming back mid-series... We have looked amazing without him. And yes, weíre amazing with him too. Anyone a little worried about him messing up this chemistry when he comes back? Itís ok if youíve thought it. My thinking - We have to admit it's hard to argue how we could possibly look any better even with Embiid. Weíre just so good right now. We probably can't run the floor as much and and move the ball around as fast with him. Weíve been taking care of the ball so well too. But as long as he isn't a turnover machine when he comes back, there's no reason we won't be just as good overall. In a slowed down game he makes us way better defensively and generally, our outside shooters should be left even more open in theory.

I guess I'm not really that worried about this series. Miami has been average since mid January when they were 26-18. Actually a little below average.They don't really have anyone on that team that scares me in a close game. They have a couple of bad losses lately to NYK and Brooklyn. Their offense is the worst among playoff teams. And they don't have a matchup advantage unless at center if Embiid isn't playing. I wasn't really nervous about any of our potential playoff matchups but this is the one I was least nervous about.
    Last edited by bootsy; 04-12-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    I guess I'm not really that worried about this series. Miami has been average since mid January when they were 26-18. Actually a little below average.They don't really have anyone on that team that scares me in a close game. They have a couple of bad losses lately to NYK and Brooklyn. Their offense is the worst among playoff teams. And they don't have a matchup advantage unless at center if Embiid isn't playing. I wasn't really nervous about any of our potential playoff matchups but this is the one I was least nervous about.
    All good points. As long as we take care of the ball, we should be able to just overwhelm them with our pace and space and run them out of the building. Like weíve been doing to everyone lately. If we play to our ability, they canít keep up with us.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok so I've been thinking about the matchups here:
    Simmons on Dragic
    Redick on TJohnson
    Cov on Richardson
    Saric on JJohnson
    Embiid/Johnson on Whiteside

I would work my rotation so Covington is also in there when Wayne Ellington is in there. Put Cov on Ellington to limit him. I would use Fultz on Wade. Fultz, IMO is one of the few guys we have that's well equipped to work Wade hard on the defensive end. Let Belli take Winslow if he plays. I would go small ball when Bam is in, but not when Olynyk is in. When Olynyk is in, we need Johnson (When Embiid is playing) because Johnson can really bang with him and make Olynyk work. Other than that, sprinkle in some Illy, but that's how short of a bench I would go with. Anderson, TJ, Holmes....only use if absolutely needed.
    im with you on all of this except the we need Amir to bang with KO. We need someone to defend him on the perimeter.

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    im with you on all of this except the we need Amir to bang with KO. We need someone to defend him on the perimeter.
    KO tends to get in foul trouble defending the paint though. I would want to see that happen. I think KO is a bit dirty.

PROCESSING

Hes like the last guy im worried about. Either Holmes or Amir will be fine with offensively. Just cant let him get open looks from deep on the other end

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast