Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's antiquated but not meant to be racist at all. People who say that mean "mother ****ing" mind and would say the same if Westbrook was Asian or white. Definitely should NOT be fired.
    Reading about it online, it's a very uncommon Southern comment. He's a commentator who knows the environment today. To hear that is just downright disgusting. Whether he meant that or not is entirely besides the point. I've heard great catchlines before from guys like Frazier and Carr. They would never utter something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont get the love for him... i really dont. I never did. He is a great 3rd piece or a good 2nd piece on a great team but id never want him as my best player
    Uhm, he's a 2nd piece for our team. Russ is our best player.

Meanwhile in the west, the Warriors seem to have the toughest path.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    They've had it easy over the years honestly..

Man.. if Kawhi played, Spurs would beat the Warriors... This might be the Spurs best chance to win a title if Kawhi shows up...

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt:32277060
    Man.. if Kawhi played, Spurs would beat the Warriors... This might be the Spurs best chance to win a title if Kawhi shows up...
    Could he still return? I thought he was ruled out.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Uhm, he's a 2nd piece for our team. Russ is our best player.
    i was responding to the lakers fan... most want him over there but to me its idiotic. He is fine for the thunder... not at all good for the lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It got a little easier with the Jazz losing. If they can get past the Spurs, they only have to face one of Rockets/Thunder/Jazz. I don't think that they're too worried of the Pels or Blazers if Curry comes back. If the Jazz woulda won, they woulda had to play Spurs and the winner of Jazz/Thunder then the Rockets (assuming the Rockets get to the WCF).

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i was responding to the lakers fan... most want him over there but to me its idiotic. He is fine for the thunder... not at all good for the lakers.
    Lakers have room for two max contracts. Magic isn't stupid.. like I've been telling you before the season started. He knows PG ain't 1st option type.

And yeah, "....cotton pickin'..." is an old southern term like gall dang or sonovabiscuit eater. It's just a work around for people who don't curse (which could be argued as intent against actual words, but that's a different gripe).

Probably not something that should be said concerning a black player from a white guy but I doubt the guy put thought into it and just flippantly said it like the thousands of other times he probably said it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    You guys have played us well all year. For as good as we look right now, I probably wanted to play you the least out of Heat/Bucks/Wiz.

But **** it. Confident as ever in my Sixers. Bring it on!
    It should be a good one!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Warriors have a cakewalk to the WCF. Was hoping they would at least have some sort of an interesting 1st round with Curry out but Kawhi is on some ***** **** right now.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Rubio playing like trash.
    Because he is Trash

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's antiquated but not meant to be racist at all. People who say that mean "mother ****ing" mind and would say the same if Westbrook was Asian or white. Definitely should NOT be fired.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Reading about it online, it's a very uncommon Southern comment. He's a commentator who knows the environment today. To hear that is just downright disgusting. Whether he meant that or not is entirely besides the point. I've heard great catchlines before from guys like Frazier and Carr. They would never utter something like that.
    Flash, I’m black and I’m 39. Trust me, it’s not racist or meant to be at all. Just an out of date line that was as popular as “wassup” at one time

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast