Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Durant is opting out this summer

He will be reworking his contract with the Warriors in hopes of "presumably" scoring a long term deal. Here's a breakdown of his options from Haynes

Option A: He can sign a two-year deal with a 2019-20 player option in which the first-year earnings would be $30 million and the option year worth $31.5 million. The only benefit in signing this contract is that the salary cap is expected to jump from $101 million (2018-19) to $108 million (2019-20). Durant could then opt out after the 2018-19 season and sign a five-year, $219 million contract. It would be the largest deal in NBA history if San Antonio forward Kawhi Leonard doesn't sign a super max this summer.

Nonetheless, the Warriors' luxury tax bill in 2019 would be astronomical. Durant's five-year income breakdown would be $37.8 million, $40.8 million, $43.8 million, $46.8 million and $49.9 million.

Option B: He can sign a four-year max contract valued at around $158 million. His annual pay would be $35.3 million, $38.2 million, $41 million and $43.8 million.

Option C: He can agree to a three-year deal with a player option after the second season. His income would go from $35.3 million to $38.2 million, and the option year would be $41 million. The salary cap in 2020-21 is expected to be approximately $112 million. Or, in this scenario, Durant could opt out and sign a five-year, $228 million contract with a starting salary of $39.4 million -- the same contract Anthony Davis is eligible to sign with New Orleans in 2019.

Under Option C, Durant would be eligible for a no-trade clause because he would have played four seasons with the Warriors and been in the NBA for eight seasons. But the Warriors' negotiations with Stephen Curry last summer showed that the team's ownership is reluctant to put a no-trade clause in a contract.

In early March, Durant told The Athletic: "It made sense to do the one-year deal. I'm sure here soon I'll want to sign a long-term deal just to feel stable. But I'm enjoying every moment of it, so I'm not trying to look too far down the line."

Durant, 29, finished the 2017-18 regular-season campaign with averages of 26.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 5.4 assists.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...structure-deal

Thoughts?

He's resigning with GSW, that isn't a question. It's either going to be a 1+1 or a 5 year. I think he goes one more 1+1, then the 5 year after that.

This is the hell that most GSW said wouldn't happen is about to happen.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He's resigning with GSW, that isn't a question. It's either going to be a 1+1 or a 5 year. I think he goes one more 1+1, then the 5 year after that.

What hell is that? That the owner will be faced with luxury tax decisions? It's not news.

What hell? If we keep winning it won't matter. The owner has said he will pay the tax as we make more than enough to cover it. The trick will be keeping Klay but that has more to do with him wanting to be a piece of the team or try to be the man. Klay seems like he's good with being a piece.

Oh I can't wait until the day Curry is making $40mil, Livington $7.6mil, Iggy $17mil, Draymond $18mil, and KD is signed for $40mil. Then you let Klay walk because paying 5 players a combined $122.6mil and the rest of the roster costs you another $30mil.

This is going to be so fun.

$180mil in salaries means in actuality they will have to pay $250mil in taxes.

The Warriors will lose someone important in the next 3 offseasons because of the tax.

PROCESSING

Oh I can't wait until the day Curry is making $40mil, Livington $7.6mil, Iggy $17mil, Draymond $18mil, and KD is signed for $40mil. Then you let Klay walk because paying 5 players a combined $122.6mil and the rest of the roster costs you another $30mil.

The Warriors will lose someone important in the next 3 offseasons because of the tax.
    The Warriors owners are desperate to keep the team together until the team has won big in the new arena.

Why would it be fun for you?

I'm in love with this version of hell you describe.

Nice timing

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors owners are desperate to keep the team together until the team has won big in the new arena.

Why would it be fun for you?
    Because that isn't going to happen.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Nice timing
    This has been the plan all along. He did a 1+1 at a lower salary in order to give the Warriors the cap for iguodala+Livingston and restructure his own contract this season. The "opt out" is a formality that goes back a year on this contract.

To be fair, you don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    This has been the plan all along. He did a 1+1 at a lower salary in order to give the Warriors the cap for iguodala+Livingston and restructure his own contract this season. The "opt out" is a formality that goes back a year on this contract.
    Did it need to become news the last week of the season, when the team is struggling, right after getting blown out by the Jazz? IDK, i feel like if I'm Shaun Livingston or some other guy making a 3rd or less then KD I might be pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Did it need to become news the last week of the season, when the team is struggling, right after getting blown out by the Jazz? IDK, i feel like if I'm Shaun Livingston or some other guy making a 3rd or less then KD I might be pissed off
    It's not news, is the point. At least not to the Warriors players/management or fans that paid attention to the deal he took. This is just part B of how his contract was structured.

Is there any chance KD bolts?

Just wondering.
    The Baker is coming.

Hate is just jealousy in a poor disguise, but as a warriors fan it is beautiful.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast