Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yes thatís exactly what will happen.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Easiest way to stop tanking is to implement a hard cap. Let's see these mother****ers team up knowing they'll take a drastic paycut to do so.
    BINGO
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    BINGO
    The NBA had a hard cap until Bird ... what I can't remember if that was 1 year of hard cap then Bird or if they were the same year. I remember Boston complaining about the cap and the creation of the Bird rule, and the fact that this last CBA made those rules even stronger I doubt they are going away any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yes thatís exactly what will happen.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I just don't think 2 teams will combine to try to tank for the #1 and #2 picks for 2 consecutive years for which they will get just one top player each. Too much risk, too many variables, too little return.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I just don't think 2 teams will combine to try to tank for the #1 and #2 picks for 2 consecutive years for which they will get just one top player each. Too much risk, too many variables, too little return.
    Thatís not all it has to be relegated to.

Celtics hold the pick tied to the Clippers, Clippers out of the playoffs. Celtics call the Clippers and go ďHey, just say DeAndre, Lou, and Harris are injured. Tank the last 10 days. Well sell you the rights to a player and a second for cash to do that for us.Ē

Also how do you propose to handle traded picks? Protected picks? Do the teams holding rights get multiple times to tie their wagon to? Or does every team pick. Becomes easier for a bad team to keep their pick in that case. Or makes it easier to lose.

I think your plan has more flaws and problems than you think.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thatís not all it has to be relegated to.

Celtics hold the pick tied to the Clippers, Clippers out of the playoffs. Celtics call the Clippers and go ďHey, just say DeAndre, Lou, and Harris are injured. Tank the last 10 days. Well sell you the rights to a player and a second for cash to do that for us.Ē

Also how do you propose to handle traded picks? Protected picks? Do the teams holding rights get multiple times to tie their wagon to? Or does every team pick. Becomes easier for a bad team to keep their pick in that case. Or makes it easier to lose.

I think your plan has more flaws and problems than you think.
    A ten game tank is not the issue, it's the 82+ game tank.

Teams can trade their rights to draft teams for the draft. No reason they can't trade them.

I didn't say it was flawless, just the best I've seen.

Fix the development of talent at the college level. Teams tank b/c the only way to get top tier talent is to be in the lottery. I understand teams have found guys post lottery but forcing kids to stay 3 years and develop will make drafts deeper and therefore teams won't have to tank to get the top picks.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Someone made a suggestion that the highest non playoff teams get the most lotto balls. Obvious drawback being bad teams stay bad, but itís a give and take. I think philly being so blatant with the tank and now looking so good is gonna make teams follow suit, and no one wants to see that. Thatís why everyone tryina figure ways out to nip it in the bud, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimboslice15 View Post
    Here is an idea - get rid of the ridiculous "max" and "supermax" deal limits and let teams pay whatever they feel a player is worth... then maybe smaller market teams will be able to attract max level players, by simply outbidding other teams.

The whole max contract situation is what's really holding the league back... allowing a team to fit both a Curry/KD under the cap COMFORTABLY without either taking a sizeable paycut should be impossible.
    That would completely change the league. Imagine no Jordan pippin, kobe shaq, penny shaq, lebron wade, etc. I think that would affect things way more than what youíre thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Someone made a suggestion that the highest non playoff teams get the most lotto balls. Obvious drawback being bad teams stay bad, but itís a give and take. I think philly being so blatant with the tank and now looking so good is gonna make teams follow suit, and no one wants to see that. Thatís why everyone tryina figure ways out to nip it in the bud, lol
    The problem is that it won't eliminate tanking, you just move it from the bottom of the standings to the middle. Teams will tank out of the playoffs to have the best shot at #1, versus being eliminated in the 1st round.

Can we stop using KD as an example of how the system is broken? It was literally a once in a lifetime fluke that let KD land on the Warriors, coupled with maneuvering by Chris Paul and Lebron James. That kind of jump in salary cap will likely never happen again.

I've been saying this for a while and even made a thread about it.

Make a round robin tournament for the teams that didn't make the playoffs to determine the draft order. That would stop tanking and would force teams to build a good team for either the playoffs or the draft tournament. Teams that are well build would get the chance to be in a better position by winning the draft tournament and better compete with top tier teams and teams that are not doing well will be force to make better teams (hence ending the tanking). Also for teams that are on the playoffs and have a draft pick on said draft they would have to use their nbdl teams to compete on said tournament. That would give the Dleague players a chance to show what they have against NBA level competition and a potential call up to the big leagues. For draft with protections I haven't thought about that one but I'm open for suggestions.

Only way to stop the tank is like what dude said throw out the lottery and implement a mini playoffs for the 1st pick

But i wouldn't include all teams who missed the playoffs just bottom 8

Id also expand the playoffs by adding 1 extra team and id do top 18 teams instead of east west

Basically the system needs alot of changes as long as we reward teams for losing ther will be a tank

I guess at this point the only total solution to tanking is the wheel.

The flat lottery may have teams tank out of the playoffs. The draft a team one there is some (tiny) chance of two teams colluding. The playoffs for the top pick encourages teams to tank into the bottom then bring their best players back to go for the #1 pick.

Tiered lottery including the 7th and 8th seed is the solution no one ever comments on but is the best really.

PROCESSING

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast