Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rank these MVP seasons by Least and Most deserving

Which season do you think was most impressive/least impressive and which order would you put them in of least deserving and most deserving?

2017 Russell Westbrook
    2011 Derrick Rose
    2005 (and/or) 2006 Steve Nash
    2001 Allen Iverson

1) Russ
    2) AI
    3) D.Rose
    4) Nash

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    1) Russ
    2) AI
    3) D.Rose
    4) Nash
    This. Rose MVP was a highway robbery, but Nash MVP's were pretty bad. If anything, a 22 year old Amare was probably a better candidate for the '05 MVP

https://www.basketball-reference.com...per_game::none
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 04-10-2018 at 01:01 PM.

1. White Iverson
    2. Westbrook
    3. Rose
    4. Nash

Iverson (by a mile)
    Westbrook (earned and deserved)
    Nash (MIP? He was balling though and they overachieved the entire season and he was the general)
    Rose (great season but he was being setup to be the new nba darling)

I considered Iverson but what steered me away from it is the fact Rose did something no other player (Magic included) has done in the modern era of NBA. No one thought it would be possible from a PG of his size. We expected LeBron to do it and that was pretty much it.

But also the fact that a few perimeter players during Iverson's time could have duplicated his performance. Any doubt as to whether T-Mac, Kobe, and even Vince couldn't do just as well? I think they would have been better options outside Vince. Timmy D was my MVP that season.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Which season do you think was most impressive/least impressive and which order would you put them in of least deserving and most deserving?

2017 Russell Westbrook
    2011 Derrick Rose
    2005 (and/or) 2006 Steve Nash
    2001 Allen Iverson
    They're all pretty ****.

They all won for things I stand against.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They're all pretty ****.

I think they are interesting comparisons because they are among the "weakest" MVPs in history and they were all given to PGs post 2000. I'm wondering if the playing style inflated the stats to allow guards to win so many "undeserved" MVPs.

The only time I can recall a weaker stretch of MVPs is in the 70's when big men were winning it left and right (Bellamy, Cowens, Reed, Walton, etc.), and I wonder if the playing style also had an impact on how many of them won it that may not have deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think they are interesting comparisons because they are among the "weakest" MVPs in history and they were all given to PGs post 2000. I'm wondering if the playing style inflated the stats to allow guards to win so many "undeserved" MVPs.

The only time I can recall a weaker stretch of MVPs is in the 70's when big men were winning it left and right (Bellamy, Cowens, Reed, Walton, etc.), and I wonder if the playing style also had an impact on how many of them won it that may not have deserved it.
    If I did have to pick someone who was the most deserving, it would probably be Westy. I would probably pick Nash's MVP as the weakest. Love Nash more than any of those guys but something about his performance seems underwhelming to actually win MVP. But this is going off memory right now.

anyone who doesnt consider iverson an all time great or deserving of that MVP doesnt know basketball. They should just be quiet and pick up another sport.

Iverson
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Nash

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    anyone who doesnt consider iverson an all time great or deserving of that MVP doesnt know basketball. They should just be quiet and pick up another sport.
    Right. Cause you know basketball. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Right. Cause you know basketball. lol.
    Whatís that lol supposed to mean? And why are you always sticking up for other posters? Are these your friends flashbolt?

The reason this forum sucks now is because of posters like you and your friends posting nonsense like Iverson didnít deserve an MVP. Blatant ignorance and disrespect.

Like I said you just need to be quiet

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Whatís that lol supposed to mean? And why are you always sticking up for other posters? Are these your friends flashbolt?

The reason this forum sucks now is because of posters like you and your friends posting nonsense like Iverson didnít deserve an MVP. Blatant ignorance and disrespect.

Like I said you just need to be quiet
    1) It's exactly what it means.

2) Sticking up for other posters? I'm the only one who spoke about Iverson in-depth. Need glasses?

3) Never said he doesn't deserve it. Maybe you oughta get those eyes checked and/or figure out why you're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They're all pretty ****.

Agreed. I think Westbrook is least deserving, followed by Nash. Both got media MVPs. Iverson is just an example of how dumb we were collectively at the time.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast