Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 317
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Posts
    3,198

    Playoff Thread: Boston Bruins (50-20-12) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (49-26-7)

    Figured it was time for one of these.

    Let the discussion begin!

    This is gonna be a heckuva series. One of three series in the NHL playoffs featuring 2 teams with 100+ points (Wild/Jets, Ducks/Sharks)

    Leaders

    Goals


    David Pastrnak 35


    James van Riemsdyk 36


    Assists

    Brad Marchand 51


    Mitchell Marner 47

    Points

    Brad Marchand 85



    Mitchell Marner 69

    Goalies

    Tuukka Rask 34-14-5 2.36 GAA .917% 3 SHO


    Frederik Andersen 38-21-5 2.81GAA .918%
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011



    Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!


    So nasty

    Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,298
    Thanks for putting this together Danman. I've gone ahead a stuck it towards the top.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,609
    I hope that Babcock wore out Andersen. I have Bruins in 6 games. It will not be an easy series. What will suck is if the Bruins lose, the talk about how they choke and can't win big games and everything will be heard from the vocal minority of dumb Bruins fans.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,298
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I hope that Babcock wore out Andersen. I have Bruins in 6 games. It will not be an easy series. What will suck is if the Bruins lose, the talk about how they choke and can't win big games and everything will be heard from the vocal minority of dumb Bruins fans.
    I'll be honest, with how amped up Toronto is + how bad we played the last few games, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Game 1 TOR win.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,609
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'll be honest, with how amped up Toronto is + how bad we played the last few games, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Game 1 TOR win.

    Well I hope not since I'll be there lol

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I hope that Babcock wore out Andersen. I have Bruins in 6 games. It will not be an easy series. What will suck is if the Bruins lose, the talk about how they choke and can't win big games and everything will be heard from the vocal minority of dumb Bruins fans.
    This is why I can't stand the new playoff format. Should just be seeded 1-8, too many big matches first round.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,024
    This is a strong match-up for the Bs'. TOR is young and talented, so we know we could be looking at some goals scored, but their defense is not good at all. That's why I picked the Bs' in 5. I think the experience and depth we have along all four lines will put a lot of pressure on their defense, and even though Freddy has been a very good goalie for them this year, I'm not convinced he will be able to save them ala Carey Price a couple years back for MON.

    Sure I'd rather have the weaker Devils in the 1st rd, but we will have to beat good teams eventually. Winning against a good, division rival in TOR team would be a bigger confidence boost going into the 2nd rd than beating an 8th seeded NJD team with a back-up goalie in net imo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,298
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    This is a strong match-up for the Bs'. TOR is young and talented, so we know we could be looking at some goals scored, but their defense is not good at all. That's why I picked the Bs' in 5. I think the experience and depth we have along all four lines will put a lot of pressure on their defense, and even though Freddy has been a very good goalie for them this year, I'm not convinced he will be able to save them ala Carey Price a couple years back for MON.

    Sure I'd rather have the weaker Devils in the 1st rd, but we will have to beat good teams eventually. Winning against a good, division rival in TOR team would be a bigger confidence boost going into the 2nd rd than beating an 8th seeded NJD team with a back-up goalie in net imo
    Good news is TBL is 0-2-1 and a -3 vs NJ this year. If that trend continues and we TOR, then we'd get NJ is the 2nd round
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    4,452
    This work day is going to be such a slog lol. Just want to get this **** underway, itching for it like an addict

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    This work day is going to be such a slog lol. Just want to get this **** underway, itching for it like an addict
    7 more freaking hours. Blah. Cannot come soon enough.

    Gonna watch this video several times beforehand.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmQjtjhR_Y

    BERGERON! BERGERON!
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011



    Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!


    So nasty

    Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,278
    Leafs won 7 of the last 8 games against the Bruins.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,278
    Bruins ended the first looking flat and haven't got anything going in the 2nd..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,278
    my man Pastrnak

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,171
    Marchand to Pasta that's the way to get to Andersen

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,171
    Pastrnak again!!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •