Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Trevor Davis Arrested for Bomb Joke at Airport

Compelling stuff.

Asked his girlfriend if she remembered to pack the explosive.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Cut him. Dude is clearly not intelligent.

I don't want him cut but surely don't care if he is. He's not like a scumbag or anything. Just dense. We kind of already knew that from his returns lol

At the end of the day, this is a very mild arrest in the scheme of things. But I wouldn't care either way. I can't tell what kind of message, if any, the locker room gets from doing it or not. Meh.

It's Trevor Davis anyways lol

Itís a dumb thing to say, but I donít see what cutting him does. Sends the message to the team to not be idiots. Itís not like heís going to get suspended or anything. Just said something dumb, got cuffed and released. If we didnít cut guys for weed arrests, then I donít see why this is an auto cut.

He may not make the team but no reason to cut him. Heís actually a pretty good returner who makes a few unfortunate decisions to field punts (which McCarthy has defended for some reason) and he actually has a chance to make the team as a wr. He was a gunner last year and I think he was on every special besides field goal, so heís a guy worth keeping around.

Clearly he has never seen Meet the Parents.
    Stupid thing to do, but not a huge deal.

He is a trend setter, Actor/Comedian TJ Miller, Also got arrested for calling in a fake bomb threat on an amtrak train

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Cut him. Dude is clearly not intelligent.
    hope your never picked for a jury selection

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    hope your never picked for a jury selection
    I just don't like stupid distractions such as off the field issues. He is a fringe player anyways. Fill his roster spot with somebody smarter and who may actually contribute in ways other than ****** punt returns.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I just don't like stupid distractions such as off the field issues. He is a fringe player anyways. Fill his roster spot with somebody smarter and who may actually contribute in ways other than ****** punt returns.
    He made a lot of dumb mistakes and he's fringe but he's probably a top 10ish PR last year. IDK how much that counts for but he's not awful overall.

Trevor davis still being on the team isnít going to prevent us from bringing in anyone or signing a free agent. Getting rid of a special team contributor whoís under contract for basically no reason at this point in the offseason is idiotic. M

It doesnít mean he has to make the team, but heís a legit contender to make the team. Why make the team potentially worse because of a poorly timed joke that resulted in very little repercussion.

Keep in mind, we need versatile special teamers on the roster. Who else on our roster currently can legitimately return punts? I think itís probably just Cobb. Tramon is 35 and hasnít done it in 10 years, so heís jot an option. Ty looked good in kicks, but was really awkward when fielding punts his rookie year. And not only that, we currently have 3 corners under contract who arenít gunners and who probably arenít big special teamers in general. Davis does that as well. As much as people hate him, he has value as a 6th we, gunner and returner.

7th in KR average and 3rd in PR average. I'd say he will probably make the team and should. He made some mistakes but you would expect him to get better with more experience returning.

Davis hate was unneeded

Assumed there wouldn't be charges. Good deal I guess

Ya, people overreacted on this one. I'm curious how often this happens in the US. I mean, it was a stupid comment but wasn't worth getting cut or a ton of hate. Players do a lot worse and I don't see nearly as many hateful comments around the internet.