Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Kadri suspended for 3 games.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Three games is horse ****.

Andersen needs to be better in net as well for the Leafs to beat Boston. In 12 of his past 16 games he's let in more than 3 goals. That is just not going to cut it. He's gonna have to come up with some big saves.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox:32281034
    Three games is horse ****.
    He deserved a suspension but three is definitely a bit much.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

So the silver lining is after being drubbed 7-0 by the Penguins, the Flyers come back with a 5-1 victory in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays;322811u27
    So the silver lining is after being drubbed 7-0 by the Penguins, the Flyers come back with a 5-1 victory in Pittsburgh.
    It goes to show game 1 means nothing in respect to adjustments.

On a different note, this is why I hate hockey at time because the bone heads only ever call the retaliation. It’s like curing the symptoms in western medicine but not curing the cause of the problem. Anyone including my 6 year old daughter could see that wingels had linde up a vulnerable marner and hand clear intentions of throwing that elbow to the face. We are lucky he didn’t get him goodnight but wingless had the mind of someone with intention of causing harm. Slap the book on him. Babcock better get are troops ready and let them know what kadri did wasn’t wrong but he had your back. We must use that’s anger and energy to crush them in game 2.

Saturday, April 14th
    Game 2 (Bruins lead 1-0)
    Maple Leafs vs Bruins
    8:00 pm et
    CBC HNIC

Looks like Marleau is probably playing centre. Losing Kadri is a big hit to the team.

Let's think about this. What would the pens do against the Bruins? Would they swap out players for bruisers to try and match the Bruins style? Or would they rely on their speed and skill to win? Seems obvious to me that they would use their speed to ruin the Bruins series. And I think the leafs should do the same. I'm not surprised at all that Boston was more prepared and took game 1 at home. It's all about how they respond and what kind of tweaks babs can make. Even if the next game is a blow out for the Bruins again, I still think they leafs have a chance to win the series. I think the leafs can figure Boston out and once they do I think they can dominate.

Again though.. it will come down to goaltending and we need Andersen at his very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    It goes to show game 1 means nothing in respect to adjustments.

On a different note, this is why I hate hockey at time because the bone heads only ever call the retaliation. It’s like curing the symptoms in western medicine but not curing the cause of the problem. Anyone including my 6 year old daughter could see that wingels had linde up a vulnerable marner and hand clear intentions of throwing that elbow to the face. We are lucky he didn’t get him goodnight but wingless had the mind of someone with intention of causing harm. Slap the book on him. Babcock better get are troops ready and let them know what kadri did wasn’t wrong but he had your back. We must use that’s anger and energy to crush them in game 2.
    This is what frustrated me most about the whole situation. In the video the NHL put out explaining the suspension they even said (paraphrasing) "Although we acknowledge that Wingels' elbow made contact with Marner, it does not excuse the hit"... excuse me? then fine or suspend Wingels as well. What Wingels did was worse than Doughty and he got 1 game.

And i have a conspiracy theory on why Doughty got suspended. I think if his Kings were playing anyone but the Knights, that suspension doesn't happen. The league wants to ride the Knights all the way to the bank. They want an attractive expansion model

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Looks like Marleau is probably playing centre. Losing Kadri is a big hit to the team.
    Agreed but if the Leafs could win without Matthews, they can win without Kadri. I think this could be a rallying point. Dumb dumb hit by Kadri but i bet every guy in that room rationalizes it as Kadri had their back and now they have to have his.

The suspension sucks but if it was anything less the Bruins would have killed Kadri in a game. What i don't like is that Kadri comes back in the Boston Garden. That stupid Doughty suspension set the standard and Kadri couldn't have gotten 2 games even though 2 games would have been perfect.

Ya'll. Not sure how many of you have a twitter account but follow me. I'm creating one solely with the Leafs as my main topic because I was hired on as a writer at a website. It'd be sweet to get some PSD brotheren following me and clicking on some links:
    https://twitter.com/leafsforte

I really love the idea of Kap and Johnnson on the same line again but obviously anxious about Komarov's ice time. Also, Marleau at center instead of Willie is so fascinating.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 04-14-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Where's the penalty on that?

Andersen?? My goodness Leafs pressure the Bruins so damn hard in the Bruins end and lets that crap in.

Leafs were never winning this series anyways, so losing Kadri is only means they probably lose in 4 or 5 vs. 5 or 6 games. It's a shame that they put up such a solid season, and then drew such a tough 1st rd opponent. If it's a consolation though, I think Boston wins the cup...they are tailor-made for a cup run...the Leafs should learn from this beating they're gonna take.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast