Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Bias in media

Look, I get what Trump has said in the past was harmful to immigrants and many minorities but it should be the mediaís job to report the whole story. Editing the clip and not mentioning the fact the question is about MS 13 only empowers Trumps narrative of fake and biased MSM.

I mean look at ABC News tweet and tell me how thatís balanced coverage? ďTrump refers to some who cross the boarder illegally as animals not people.Ē Thatís not even close to what he was talking about. People are too lazy to watch the clip and headlines like that matter. Otherwise itís only going to drive the wedge between people and MSM even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    This is the sort of stuff I canít stand

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...901085702?s=21

Trump was obviously referring to MS 13 when saying there animals. People donít actually listen to the clip and just read the tweet. Thatís one example of misinformation that twitter causes. At least mention the fact heís talking about MS13 and not illegal immigration in the tweet

To bad ms13 doesnít run a country, trump would praise them for their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    To bad ms13 doesnít run a country, trump would praise them for their behavior.
    This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with the journalists and media outlets to report a fair story.

How does omitting the fact that his comments were in reference to an MS 13 question help journalism?

One of my favorite guys on Twitter was dead on when he said this

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/s...881196549?s=21

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/s...957483008?s=21

You canít go after Trump when he talks about fake news and then defend journalists and media outlets when they do stuff like this. The media HAS to be better

Yea after you guys try to deflect and defend when Trump called Mexicans criminals and rapists, I donít have any reason to assume he actually was referring to MS 13. And even if he was, he should know people think heís racist, you know for all the racist **** heís said. Maybe he should have two brain cells to rub together and know that since heís supposedly a branding genius.

thank you Brewersfan255 for the multiple posts on this situation.

this is a perfect example of media bias, and there are many people across America that are manipulated by this. this is how ****ing stupid people have become.

this from the "reputable/credible" New York Times..

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Maybe if Trumpís opening salvo into elected politics hadnít been to brand all Mexicans as rapists, this argument would be easier to defend?

This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with the journalists and media outlets to report a fair story.

How does omitting the fact that his comments were in reference to an MS 13 question help journalism?

One of my favorite guys on Twitter was dead on when he said this

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/s...881196549?s=21

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/s...957483008?s=21

You canít go after Trump when he talks about fake news and then defend journalists and media outlets when they do stuff like this. The media HAS to be better

He doesnít really mind their actions though. He condones similar actions by dictators, even heaps praise on them. So what has him so upset?

He doesnít really mind their actions though. He condones similar actions by dictators, even heaps praise on them. So what has him so upset?
    Again this has nothing to do with Trump and everything with how the MSM reported on this. There was no reason to start the clip literally seconds after the question was asked and not even referencing what the question is terrible and biased reporting

Again this has nothing to do with Trump and everything with how the MSM reported on this. There was no reason to start the clip literally seconds after the question was asked and not even referencing what the question is terrible and biased reporting

Right, I get it. My question is, what makes these people animals to Trump? Is there something they are doing that isnít being done by duterte, sisi, Putin, etc...? They are all equally horrible
    Itís certainly fair to assume then that race/class is the issue he really has, no?
    Last edited by benny01; 05-17-2018 at 10:18 AM.

While I have no sympathy for Trump and the trouble he gets in with the media (hoisted by his own petard as it were), I have just about zero respect at this point for most of Americanís [clearly biased] media and even less respect for those who react instantaneously (read: tweet) to everything they hear, see, read ó without doing due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    While I have no sympathy for Trump and the trouble he gets in with the media (hoisted by his own petard as it were), I have just about zero respect at this point for most of Americanís [clearly biased] media and even less respect for those who react instantaneously (read: tweet) to everything they hear, see, read ó without doing due diligence.
    This I agree with. The headlines are often the only thing that people see. They donít care to dig into it but thatís why the media should have more responsibility in terms of making sure readers know everything. Iím sure it wasnít an accident though that most of the MSM outlets left out the MS 13 part. The more angry people are, the better for their ratings. Itís the same reason why they helped Trump win the primary (showed his rallies and hardly anyone elseís)

Right, I get it. My question is, what makes these people animals to Trump? Is there something they are doing that isnít being done by duterte, sisi, Putin, etc...? They are all equally horrible
    Itís certainly fair to assume then that race/class is the issue he really has, no?
    I mean these people stab another person 100 times and cuts their heart out. This isnít the point though. Itís the fact that they didnít report this fairly or accurately and was spreading like wildfire last night

Again no bias here!

https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status...012315648?s=21

for those that want to remain on the other side, here even AP deleted their tweet.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

I mean these people stab another person 100 times and cuts their heart out. This isnít the point though. Itís the fact that they didnít report this fairly or accurately and was spreading like wildfire last night

They certainly do and yes the media sucks. Why are these people animals though? He openly supports people who do the same. I think he makes headway portraying all Mexicans that way, I imagine thatís why they are animals. Who is really seeing the distinction? Like his rapists and murderers speech, he got the sound bite he wanted for the sluggoís and specials of the world.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast