Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Raptors reach 60?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!! (in Marv Albert voice)

5 55.56%
  • No-sir-ee-bob.

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Will the Raptors reach 60 wins?

Seems incredible to think that the Raptors are in a position to win 60 games and finish ahead of the Golden State Warriors. This would have been a bold prediction at the beginning of the season.

But they aren't there yet. They have to go 3-0 starting this afternoon.

They face
    1. Orlando at home (should win that)
    2. Detroit on the road (should win that)
    3. Miami on the road (shoudl win that)

No game is a gimmie in the NBA, but with Orlando and Detroit both out of the playoff picture, I can't imagine the respective coaching staffs risking injury to their best players.

The Heat, however, may need that game to ensure they don't face the Raptors in the first round, but may want the Celtics (who will be shrot two All-Stars in the post season). Tough to say what the Raptors can expect going into that game.

However, given that homecourt advantage could give them an edge in a finals match-up against the Warriors, I expect the Raptors to try and reach that mark.

So can they do it?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I'll say no since they'll rest the starters. But their bench is pretty good and they aren't facing good teams. They'll probably lose last game to Miami, who still needs to play for better playoff matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32268914
    I'll say no since they'll rest the starters. But their bench is pretty good and they aren't facing good teams. They'll probably lose last game to Miami, who still needs to play for better playoff matchup.
    The Raptors are not resting their players. Casey was asked about resting and he said they will not rest. They are trying to get their rhythm back on both ends. They are going for 60.

As per thread, I don't think this is a topic that will resonate with others. With that said, I think they can do it.
    Last edited by aman_13; 04-08-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I can see the Raptors going for it tonight (since it's a home game), but I see them either splitting the two games on the road, or losing both. Miami especially have something to play for (since the teams there want Boston, but at that point a loss might actually help them with seeding )

The Raptors defense has seemed to return. I think the main focus at the moment is Lowry .... If he's able to get his shot and game in general going again, I don't think they'll overexert the stars in order to do so (Though of course, the bench can win games for us too)

I expect 59-23 to end the season, with a loss to Detroit or Miami preventing the 60 win season. I mean, it's Detroit's last home game of the year (since the aren't in the playoffs), and probably want a little revenge on how the last game between the two ended.
    Last edited by Cal827; 04-08-2018 at 03:26 PM.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Who cares? The better and most important question is will Toronto get to the Finals? That's all that should matter.

I think they'll do it even if they rest the starters. The kids won't be slowing down for the playoffs. They're still going hard.

Well, it looks like Derozan and JV are resting tonight... so again, it's about Lowry getting his **** together. .... His defense seems to have rebounded since getting owned by Calderon, but he's still clanging his shots

I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827:32269182
    Well, it looks like Derozan and JV are resting tonight... so again, it's about Lowry getting his **** together. .... His defense seems to have rebounded since getting owned by Calderon, but he's still clanging his shots
    Lmao. Casey literally said he didn't want to rest and dismissed the reporter's question
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Lmao. Casey literally said he didn't want to rest and dismissed the reporter's question
    A phone call consisting of Masai yelling at him probably changed his mind

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827:32269395

A phone call consisting of Masai yelling at him probably changed his mind

This actually matters for HCA in the potential Finals since the Dubs will only have 59.

Granted, if the Dubs are healthy enough to beat Houston they will beat the Raps in 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    This actually matters for HCA in the potential Finals since the Dubs will only have 59.

Granted, if the Dubs are healthy enough to beat Houston they will beat the Raps in 4 or 5.
    Heaven forbid they get an injury getting past the Rockets, but if they do HCA will matter.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Looks like the Detroit game is wrapped up... 20 point lead with 5 minutes to go.

The Raptors are now one win away from secure homecourt against the Dubs should they meet in the finals, AND one win away from the first 60-win season in franchise history.

Miami is their only obtacle to that now.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Who cares? The better and most important question is will Toronto get to the Finals? That's all that should matter.
    This. At this point they're just the Hawks of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    This. At this point they're just the Hawks of yesteryear.
    The Masai Ujiri Denver Nuggets. Same type of team to me. 60 wins, based on a couple good-great players plus a very deep bench.

But as a Raps fan I really hope they do it, it's still a great team achievement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast