Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Syria Chemical Attack

So it looks like Assad used chemical weapons on his own people again with 50+ dead and over 500 injured from first guess. Although itís probably worse than that since no one can really get in and help since they blocked all of it out

What should be done about this? Last time this happened the US bombed some airways that was used to launch the attack.

Hereís Trumps response this morning

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...467116544?s=21

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...028569088?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough situation. Good to see heís coming around on Assad and Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So it looks like Assad used chemical weapons on his own people again with 50+ dead and over 500 injured from first guess. Although itís probably worse than that since no one can really get in and help since they blocked all of it out

What should be done about this? Last time this happened the US bombed some airways that was used to launch the attack.

Hereís Trumps response this morning

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...467116544?s=21

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...028569088?s=21
    Trump has said the right things, but as the old saying goes: "actions speak louder than tweets," especially in light of how disingenuous so many tweets from the president have been.

That said, I agree with benny01; this is a tough situation. I think it is most probable that Assad will prevail in the long run no matter what the US does.

At the very least, we must rely on the most accurate facts, if even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Trump has said the right things, but as the old saying goes: "actions speak louder than tweets," especially in light of how disingenuous so many tweets from the president have been.

That said, I agree with benny01; this is a tough situation. I think it is most probable that Assad will prevail in the long run no matter what the US does.

At the very least, we must rely on the most accurate facts, if even possible.
    Yep. The only viable solutions are at political extremes from each other, either remove Assad or walk away. With this issue, in this environment, the parties will be at odds with themselves. So we will piddle in the middle.

Act on regime change and set yourself up for Benghazi in reverse because whatever crawls out of that pit and takes charge is either nonexistent or one scary sum*****. So itís either a power vacuum or Assad on steroids.

Russia said any attack by the US in Syria will lead to ę*grave consenquences*Ľ

Russia said any attack by the US in Syria will lead to ę*grave consenquences*Ľ

Heís actually right there. Itís just not going to end well. Trump can do something like he did last time but it obviously had no real effect. Syria laughed it off and had it rebuilt within 24 hours.

Unless there is a moderate government that can be put in power in Syria, the discussion of regime change or real change is mute.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Heís actually right there. Itís just not going to end well.
    Who is "he?"

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Unless there is a moderate government that can be put in power in Syria, the discussion of regime change or real change is mute.
    There is zero chance of a new government, moderate or not, succeeding in Syria. This is Assad's [and Putin's] baby.

Maybe we should go back and re arm Isis again..

I donít get the op question, ďWhat should be done about this?Ē What does that mean? What was done when we dropped cluster bombs on Baghdad? Probably whatever was done about that is what should also be done about this...

Thatís the problem with announcing to the world that you will withdraw from Syria, you give a ****ing animal like Assad some kind of security that he is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Thatís the problem with announcing to the world that you will withdraw from Syria, you give a ****ing animal like Assad some kind of security that he is untouchable.

The world knows we won't do anything.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

yes ... it is the US's fault Assad is an animal

The Logic by partisans at times is mind boggling

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/s...041647616?s=21

Well itís started

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/s...041647616?s=21

Well itís started

I ****ing hate Twitter!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast