Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Ya I can admit I have a tendancy to fall in love with our own guys, but unless you are telling me we lock MM up for years after this, then that trade is horrific. Again offense is not this teams issue and to me going forward even with injuries will not be this teams issue. I get there is no external options to update SP roster, but that is absolutely where every ounce of focus should be.

Now with that said, I do believe the FO is all aboard MM cause he is generational talent and they are also not oblivious that offense is not our weak point. My hope is they are doing so with intent to lock him up and not think this is somehow comparable to what we did when we traded for Chapman. This is completely different. The 16 team hands down needed Chapman to get to and win that WS. IMHO he makes us better, but we don't go period without a change in our current pitching issues.
    I agree that trading for MM isnít a good idea and I think r offense is fine, but I also donít think we really can afford to trade for a SP either, unless someone gets hurt. We have 5 guys, all of which are either too good or getting paid to much to just bench. I guess we could trade Q or Chatwood and then trade for another pitcher, but that seems weird. Personally, i think r SP will be a strength by years end.

Trade deadline options to me is maybe a middle reliever, can never have too many of those. A bench/platoon player could make sense too. Iím hoping this is the year we give r a farm a break and basically stand pat.

One of two things.

Either Epstein thinks Machado can be had for Happ and minor league fodder or...

If he's willing to trade one of Russell/Baez he's convinced he can lock up Machado long term.

No scenario where he willingly parts with a current ML middle infielder and doesn't get Machado signed to a mega deal, IMO.

Saw the Russell comparisons to Theriot and Fontenot are over now, so let's start the Russell vs Shawon Dunston comparisons.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    One of two things.

Either Epstein thinks Machado can be had for Happ and minor league fodder or...

If he's willing to trade one of Russell/Baez he's convinced he can lock up Machado long term.

No scenario where he willingly parts with a current ML middle infielder and doesn't get Machado signed to a mega deal, IMO.
    Machado was only willing to give one team that was rumored to be pursuing him this offseason a negotiating window and it was the Yankees. Sources close to him say he's wanted to be a Yankee for awhile now.

I'm all for it if it's Happ+, but anything outside of that where the Orioles want Schwarber or Russell, Baltimore should have to add on maybe a Gausman or Bundy-type on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Machado was only willing to give one team that was rumored to be pursuing him this offseason a negotiating window and it was the Yankees. Sources close to him say he's wanted to be a Yankee for awhile now.

I'm all for it if it's Happ+, but anything outside of that where the Orioles want Schwarber or Russell, Baltimore should have to add on maybe a Gausman or Bundy-type on the deal.
    Where would a Bundy or Gausman slot in though?

Also I can't buy any chatter about who Machado would or wouldn't consider an extension with, especially now that NYY *may* be off the table w/ Stanton. You plop 300MM+ in front of anybody (in our case paired with the opportunity to win a WS every year for at least the next half decade), I don't care who they are, they're going to have a tough time not grabbing their pen.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Where would a Bundy or Gausman slot in though?

Also I can't buy any chatter about who Machado would or wouldn't consider an extension with, especially now that NYY *may* be off the table w/ Stanton. You plop 300MM+ in front of anybody (in our case paired with the opportunity to win a WS every year for at least the next half decade), I don't care who they are, they're going to have a tough time not grabbing their pen.
    Rotation is fluid. I wouldn't mind a modified 6-man rotation anyways, but I'm def not dealing anyone in the tiers above Happ without Baltimore tacking on a significant piece on their with a half season of Machado.

Hell might have to piggyback Darvish starts since he can't do **** after 4 innnings.

Rotation is fluid. I wouldn't mind a modified 6-man rotation anyways, but I'm def not dealing anyone in the tiers above Happ without Baltimore tacking on a significant piece on their with a half season of Machado.
    Don't think Epstein is either. Again barring aforementioned extension.

What do we do w Gausman or Bundy now? We have 5 starters already.

Hell might have to piggyback Darvish starts since he can't do **** after 4 innnings.
    I wouldnít even trade Happ for Machado. Only guy Iím trading Machado for is JHey. Iíd do that lol and Iím not even a JHey hater.

Trying to complete a trade with the Orioles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag
    Last edited by davearm; 05-17-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Please make machado happen.

Pretty please.

Not buying it at all. Not for Russell +. Not even if they sign MM long term. No matter how you look at it, it is a stupid move and you are paying for a rental. If they want to sign him in 19, fine. But trading assets for him now is not something I would want them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Not buying it at all. Not for Russell +. Not even if they sign MM long term. No matter how you look at it, it is a stupid move and you are paying for a rental. If they want to sign him in 19, fine. But trading assets for him now is not something I would want them to do.
    Well, no. If you can *guarantee* Machado signs the extension before actually processing the trade, you drive Russell to the airport in a very secure vehicle and blow him a kiss goodbye.

But that's purely hypothetical, of course.

I wouldn't want Machado at a free agent market rate extension.

But I'd be happy to have him as a rental.

I understand people's concern with the $300MMish contract, I guess, but Ricketts is already on the record as saying they'll open the purse strings if/when necessary for, without specifically naming the name(s), Harper/Machado.

If a prototype existed for a guy you spend 300 million dollars on it's Manny Machado. Particularly when you have a billion(ish) dollar tv deal around the corner.

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast