Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1808
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    What’s reasonable for a low cost #1 starting pitcher (who will eventually be at a high arb number) that can impact 4 postseasons like Syndergaard? It’s like the Quintana trade on steroids. I don’t think Russell + Happ + a couple minor leaguers is unreasonable.

In the end, I don’t expect the Mets to trade either guy, but if they are gonna do it then I’d be willing to give up a lot.
    I was just looking more closely at the Mets roster, position players mainly. My goodness, what a whole lot of meh.

And it's still completely meh even after adding Russell and Happ.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I was just looking more closely at the Mets roster, position players mainly. My goodness, what a whole lot of meh.

And it's still completely meh even after adding Russell and Happ.
    That is true. What the Mets should do seems obvious. What the Mets will do is a lot less clear.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Thoughts on this? This my sound a little crazy, but I think I would tell Anthony to take the weekend off to go home and relax. He looks slow and tired. There's something going on with him. He can rest and clear his head.

It's the Padres for God's sake. Caratini can take his reps, and we can fill his spot with a minor league pen guy if it's possible. Otherwise, go with 24 guys this weekend.
    I don’t think that’s a good idea. He’s on the team. He doesn’t want to go home. That’s just embarrassing him. He’s in a slump and is having a rough season but he’s more than earned the right to be trusted to break out of it. Give him a little extra rest than normal vs lefties, but otherwise put him in the lineup everyday. He’ll get hot at some point.

Thoughts on this? This my sound a little crazy, but I think I would tell Anthony to take the weekend off to go home and relax. He looks slow and tired. There's something going on with him. He can rest and clear his head.

It's the Padres for God's sake. Caratini can take his reps, and we can fill his spot with a minor league pen guy if it's possible. Otherwise, go with 24 guys this weekend.
    My thought it, it is not happening and it should not happen. The other thought is, so what if it is the Padres. The Brewers just lost 2 of 3 to the Marlins. When are people going to accept in baseball even good teams only have probably a 60% to 65% chance of winning a game. Good teams lose series to bad teams often. It doesn't mean the good team now sucks or they were playing flat or they overlooked the bad team. It just means they lost.

Now, I will agree Rizzo has looked bad. And they might give him another day off. But he is not going home.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    My thought it, it is not happening and it should not happen. The other thought is, so what if it is the Padres. The Brewers just lost 2 of 3 to the Marlins. When are people going to accept in baseball even good teams only have probably a 60% to 65% chance of winning a game. Good teams lose series to bad teams often. It doesn't mean the good team now sucks or they were playing flat or they overlooked the bad team. It just means they lost.

Now, I will agree Rizzo has looked bad. And they might give him another day off. But he is not going home.
    This. Honestly, I'm kinda concerned about his back. He's had issues for awhile and that stuff takes a toll. Hopefully it's not catching up to him. I don't think it really is the case, just hard not to imagine the worst when you see guys like him slump the way he has this year.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Maybe someone in the stands needs to scream at him.

Just replace him with the guy in section 136.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    This. Honestly, I'm kinda concerned about his back. He's had issues for awhile and that stuff takes a toll. Hopefully it's not catching up to him. I don't think it really is the case, just hard not to imagine the worst when you see guys like him slump the way he has this year.
    I am a bit concerned he is hurt too. But if he is they need to DL him and get him healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think we may see something like what happened with KB come out. I'm guessing he's been playing hurt for a while and will get some time off to heal coming up soon.

Back stuff sucks so much.

Let me make a call!

Garrett Richards getting TJS

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I think we may see something like what happened with KB come out. I'm guessing he's been playing hurt for a while and will get some time off to heal coming up soon.

Back stuff sucks so much.
    I say if he can get it straightened out by sunday he should take several days off and return for the Red Bird series!

How about Dan Straily as a buy low option. One season removed from a really nice season

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    How about Dan Straily as a buy low option. One season removed from a really nice season
    Not to sound like a dick, but this is setting the bar very very low. I don't see how one can expect to rely on Darvish for much of anything quality for this year at this juncture. The Cubs need at least a MORP type starter imo if they go that route. Unless anyone is trusting of Straily/Monty/Chatwood as a 4th starter in the playoffs. I'm not.

Even as just a depth guy, I don't see what he adds that we don't have already.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

The market is too expensive for a MORP.. I’d rather scrap the garbage heap or go all in for the right guy. I don’t really want to pay a premium for a Mike Montgomery.