Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    To be fair a lot of the boards were hugely unlucky bounces for us. We had 3 guys at the rim and the ball bounces out to the free throw line. I get at times you can point to want but the Celtics got a lot of timely luck to go their way down the stretch.
    That is very preventable if you find someone, get a body on them and block out instead of just turning and floating towards the hoop. Thatís one of our biggest issues on rebounding. Itís like no one was taught to block out. We rely on our length and athleticism to rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    That is very preventable if you find someone, get a body on them and block out instead of just turning and floating towards the hoop. Thatís one of our biggest issues on rebounding. Itís like no one was taught to block out. We rely on our length and athleticism to rebound.
    Game 2 almost a must-win IMO for Bucks because I don't expect them to go 3-0 at home this series.

I would give Snell's minutes to Shabazz, Terry's minutes to BJ, and play Zeller more over Jabari if the bad trend continues.
    Not sure whether or not to bring Thon off the bench just yet.

Not sure what Jennings would add. But agree Shabazz should play some. He is a bucket getter and Snell's defense is waaaay overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Its preventable, except its frustrating when you block out and have the numbers but the ball finds its way the opposite of where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    I would give Snell's minutes to Shabazz, Terry's minutes to BJ, and play Zeller more over Jabari if the bad trend continues.
    Not sure whether or not to bring Thon off the bench just yet.
    None of the guys you mentioned are shooters though as replacements which is what you need when the Celtics are crashing the inside when Giannis/Bledsoe drive.

Not sure what Jennings would add.
    Back when he was the starter in Milwaukee he usually came up big in the playoffs.

None of the guys you mentioned are shooters.
    True, except when the outside shooters never score, it better in my opinion to have a scorer. Even Kidd had mentioned that scoring inside is not necessarily a bad thing.

Sorry to intervene, just had to add that Bledsoe's performance was abysmal and if I were the coach (or at least someone was the coach) he'd suffer for that by either extra practice sessions or sit out the next games.

Good luck with the rest of the series.

Back when he was the starter in Milwaukee he usually came up big in the playoffs.

True, except when the outside shooters never score, it better in my opinion to have a scorer. Even Kidd had mentioned that scoring inside is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Sure but putting a bunch of slashers on the court against a team daring you to shoot deep generally isnt the best of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Sorry to intervene, just had to add that Bledsoe's performance was abysmal and if I were the coach (or at least someone was the coach) he'd suffer for that by either extra practice sessions or sit out the next games.

Good luck with the rest of the series.
    Sitting one of your best players over the season in the most critical time of the year because of one bad game probably not the best of ideas. But yes his performance was abysmal.

Sitting one of your best players over the season in the most critical time of the year because of one bad game probably not the best of ideas. But yes his performance was abysmal.
    I agree of course but it's an attitude issue that I'd highlight, not a performance one.

Sure but putting a bunch of slashers on the court against a team daring you to shoot deep generally isnt the best of ideas.
    I don't view Horford and Tatum as being impossible to drive against.

I don't view Horford and Tatum as being impossible to drive against.
    This is the best half court defense in the league and Giannis and Bledsoe struggled every time they drove the ball inside.

There is only one way to find out if Shabazz is up to the task. I imagine if BJ is broke on his flip shots he would not be any improvement.

This is the best half court defense in the league and Giannis and Bledsoe struggled every time they drove the ball inside.
    These guys are good defenders, but Giannis and Bledsoe play right into their hands. They need to take notes from Middleton. Giannis and Bledsoe make things harder on themeselves driving into 3 guys. Case of overpenetration, but neither are confident in their shots when it comes down to it. A pull-up at the free throw line is there all game. But Giannis is meh at that shot. So just play him for the drive. Bledsoe for a PG sucks in space. Turnovers in transition are anything but uncommon for him. If I were them I'd be practicing 12-foot pull up jumpers all day at practices.

Defensively was just abysmal too for the Bucks for a large stretch of quarters 1 and 4. Not one real good defender on this team. Bledsoe once in a while, but no consistency. Just gambles and reaches. Gets some steals but meh. Giannis just isn't very aware right now. Guys shot 60 percent on him in G1. Snell is a very overrated defender as well.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast