Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PSL, FL (from WI)
    Posts
    7,674

    2018 Playoffs: 1st Round

    Figured Id start this up so we can continue with matchups etc...

    BTW, just saw Kyrie is going to miss the rest of the season AND all the playoffs with his injury/surgery. maybe boston wouldnt be so bad to go against?

    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...fs-507661.html

    its too bad the bucks didnt try to get a little better at the deadline. this could/ could have really turned out to be a good season for them because of all the injuries.
    Last edited by C-Dub; 04-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.

    Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,484
    Bucks are in the same boat with injuries. Sure we're not missing our best players, but are missing most of our 3 point shooting: Teletovic, Brogdon, Delly. It's difficult to win in this league without 3 point shooting and that's the reason the Bucks have no chance to advance unless Brogdon and Delly come back immediately for a playoff run. Not to mention that we could use them defensively as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Bucks are in the same boat with injuries. Sure we're not missing our best players, but are missing most of our 3 point shooting: Teletovic, Brogdon, Delly. It's difficult to win in this league without 3 point shooting and that's the reason the Bucks have no chance to advance unless Brogdon and Delly come back immediately for a playoff run. Not to mention that we could use them defensively as well.
    Bucks have to have the most bad contracts in the NBA. Added to it this summer with signing trash Snell to 4-46. Another scoreless night for him with 1 rebound in 16 minutes and a minus-13. Woof. This team will make it maybe 5 games if - which in all liklihood they will be - they are the 8 seed. I wouldn't expect Delly or Brogdon to come back that crisp either and Delly isn't a difference maker when healthy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PSL, FL (from WI)
    Posts
    7,674
    its hard for me to think brogdon will even make that much of a difference coming off an injury and a couple months of not playing.
    some guys on twitter were talking how his legs will be fresh and hell have a ton of energy. i see it completely opposite. yea he got rest but he aint played in months! idk what to expect. delly might as well just sit til we trade him.
    my whole mood for the season has just took a dump. really excited to see what they do this offseason though,.

    Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    its hard for me to think brogdon will even make that much of a difference coming off an injury and a couple months of not playing.
    some guys on twitter were talking how his legs will be fresh and hell have a ton of energy. i see it completely opposite. yea he got rest but he aint played in months! idk what to expect. delly might as well just sit til we trade him.
    my whole mood for the season has just took a dump. really excited to see what they do this offseason though,.
    I get that Brogdon will have some rust because of not playing, but have you seen him? He looks ripped and in way better shape than the old Brogdon. Plus he has 2 games starting tonite to work out some of the rust.

    He may be rusty, but could come out on fire from 3, since he's had all this time to work on things. Brogdon, even rusty is as good as Jabari, because he's smart and plays smart. Plus it means less JET and Tony Snell minutes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,241
    Just having Brogdon on the court with Bledsoe, Middleton, Giannis, and Parker will make things at least fun to watch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I get that Brogdon will have some rust because of not playing, but have you seen him? He looks ripped and in way better shape than the old Brogdon. Plus he has 2 games starting tonite to work out some of the rust.

    He may be rusty, but could come out on fire from 3, since he's had all this time to work on things. Brogdon, even rusty is as good as Jabari, because he's smart and plays smart. Plus it means less JET and Tony Snell minutes.
    Your last sentence. The best part of Brogdon being back is less minutes for Snell and Jet lol. Being ripped doesn't equal game shape.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,702
    I would love 6, we get to keep our 1st round pick and while Phily is scary. We matchup great against them without Embiid.
    Bledsoe>Fultz
    Giannis>Simmons
    Middleton>Covington
    Parker>Saric (close)
    Brogdon/Snell<Reddick
    Henson<<<Embiid or Henson=Johnson/Illyasova
    Their bench may be a little stronger but it Shabazz can be a true scoring option it is pretty close.

    The Cavs are a little more scary if we face them because of there experience. That series to me comes down to can we stop Love and Korver from having a couple huge games outside.

    I know everyone would prefer the Celtics without Kyrie but I still think they are a bad matchup for us.

    I guess I would say I would prefer to play 1)Embiidless Sixers 2)Cavs 3)76ers with Embiid 4)Celtics

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PSL, FL (from WI)
    Posts
    7,674

    Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I would love 6, we get to keep our 1st round pick and while Phily is scary. We matchup great against them without Embiid.
    Bledsoe>Fultz
    Giannis>Simmons
    Middleton>Covington
    Parker>Saric (close)
    Brogdon/Snell<Reddick
    Henson<<<Embiid or Henson=Johnson/Illyasova
    Their bench may be a little stronger but it Shabazz can be a true scoring option it is pretty close.

    The Cavs are a little more scary if we face them because of there experience. That series to me comes down to can we stop Love and Korver from having a couple huge games outside.

    I know everyone would prefer the Celtics without Kyrie but I still think they are a bad matchup for us.

    I guess I would say I would prefer to play 1)Embiidless Sixers 2)Cavs 3)76ers with Embiid 4)Celtics
    Simmons alone will kill us. But so will Reddick and Belinelli. I don't expect Embiid to miss any time come the playoffs. With Embiid they have are odds on favorites to come out of the East.

    Facing the Cavs will literally come down to Giannis or Middleton (probably both) needing 30+ points a night. Because that is what Lebron will be doing.

    We match best with the Celtics because we hold an edge over them with Giannis and some decent guard play since they are without Irving or Smart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Simmons alone will kill us. But so will Reddick and Belinelli. I don't expect Embiid to miss any time come the playoffs. With Embiid they have are odds on favorites to come out of the East.

    Facing the Cavs will literally come down to Giannis or Middleton (probably both) needing 30+ points a night. Because that is what Lebron will be doing.

    We match best with the Celtics because we hold an edge over them with Giannis and some decent guard play since they are without Irving or Smart.
    For me it all starts with the Celtics beating the Wizards tonight. I will take anything that happens after that. If Wiz win out; Heat win finale, Bucks would get 8-seed. Want anything but that. Lot less scenarios if Wiz lose to BOS tonight. Then comes down to 6 or 7-seed. If Wizards lose I honestly hope all 3, Bucks, Wiz, Heat lose so Bucks get 6 and play Philly lol. But doubt that happens.

    I can be fine with anything but the 8-seed. Just seems so disappointing. At least playing Cavs it would feel like a bigger than first round series and something I'd have taken before the year if someone said without knowing details Bucks lose to Cavs in playoffs would have assumed second round or ECF at least. 7-seed I could see Bucks hanging in with Celtics in long series. 6-seed vs. Philly would be nice to keep pick and play inexperienced team.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    For me it all starts with the Celtics beating the Wizards tonight. I will take anything that happens after that. If Wiz win out; Heat win finale, Bucks would get 8-seed. Want anything but that. Lot less scenarios if Wiz lose to BOS tonight. Then comes down to 6 or 7-seed. If Wizards lose I honestly hope all 3, Bucks, Wiz, Heat lose so Bucks get 6 and play Philly lol. But doubt that happens.

    I can be fine with anything but the 8-seed. Just seems so disappointing. At least playing Cavs it would feel like a bigger than first round series and something I'd have taken before the year if someone said without knowing details Bucks lose to Cavs in playoffs would have assumed second round or ECF at least. 7-seed I could see Bucks hanging in with Celtics in long series. 6-seed vs. Philly would be nice to keep pick and play inexperienced team.
    That's assuming we lose in Philly. If we win in Philly, we are the 6 seed and get the Cav's. I'd much rather be the 8 seed and take another shot at the Raptors. 1st choice is Boston and the 7 seed, 2nd choice would be lose to Philly, but have Heat and Wiz each lose, so we get 6 vs 3 against the 6ers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,188
    I agree but disagree. I think my top choice is 6-seed, keeping 1st round pick and playing Sixers. So your second choice. Then my second choice is Boston, third is winning and playing Cavs, last is Raptors. I don't think Bucks have better chance, but would like to keep pick.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Simmons alone will kill us. But so will Reddick and Belinelli. I don't expect Embiid to miss any time come the playoffs. With Embiid they have are odds on favorites to come out of the East.
    In a playoff series I don't think Simmons will be the same because teams will play team defense and be physical. I could see Reddick being an issue but Belinelli come on. You can't forget that it takes young teams a couple years to learn how to play playoff basketball. The Raptors and Cavs are probably more likely to win the East then the 76ers based on that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    In a playoff series I don't think Simmons will be the same because teams will play team defense and be physical. I could see Reddick being an issue but Belinelli come on. You can't forget that it takes young teams a couple years to learn how to play playoff basketball. The Raptors and Cavs are probably more likely to win the East then the 76ers based on that.
    Completely agree jay. Philly the favorites to win the East? In what universe are we living. Toronto and Cleveland are heavy favorites. Philly has won a bunch of games of late, but have you seen their schedule? They've beaten one playoff team that entire time.

    Bucks should just go for the win tonight. If we draw Cleveland that's a loss. But I don't want to get the 8 seed and risk getting Toronto which is also a loss. If we grab the 6 or 7 seed we hope for a matchup against Philly or Boston. We could potentially beat either of those teams, and then we'd get the opposite one (or Miami) in round 2 which would be another potential winning series. ECF after this **** year would be remarkable. Highly unlikely but why not aim for best case scenario.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •