Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    It was only a matter of time and why care anyway? Itís not like we are winning the World Series. Crap the bed, trade what you can and get another high pick.
    That definitely has to be the plan moving forward with this team. I only cared because it was actually fun watching them but as LK said "Spunk can only take you so far" so I'm done. Time to tank, trade, and bring in the youngsters. Sucks that Stewart got hurt. Hope he's not out long so he can get the call up. Once he's ready, I'd say waive VMart to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    That definitely has to be the plan moving forward with this team. I only cared because it was actually fun watching them but as LK said "Spunk can only take you so far" so I'm done. Time to tank, trade, and bring in the youngsters. Sucks that Stewart got hurt. Hope he's not out long so he can get the call up. Once he's ready, I'd say waive VMart to make room.
    To what point? Why start the clock on Stewart? Why alienate a veteran in his last year? If youíre on the tank bus then why not let VMart drive the damn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Nick is as much of a leader as is Cabrera or VMart. I don't know why this team always has such a hard time finding a bonafide leader.
    You didn't like JV, Kinsler, or Miggy as a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    To what point? Why start the clock on Stewart? Why alienate a veteran in his last year? If youíre on the tank bus then why not let VMart drive the damn thing?
    I disagree. If the kid is ready call him up. This is his dream and holding him back will only make your relationship with the player strenuous later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I disagree. If the kid is ready call him up. This is his dream and holding him back will only make your relationship with the player strenuous later on.
    Itís the standard now, no one makes this a grudge. Itís a flaw in the CBA that everyone exploits and if the Tigers donít, they're only giving an advantage to the league.

Plus theyíre not going to release VMart so then you bring him up to be a part time player?

Yeah, Iíd love to see Stewart up but no point now. Should have been all year or may as well wait.

You didn't like JV, Kinsler, or Miggy as a leader?
    Kinsler? Definitely not.

Miggy? He can't even speak English and the guy disappears in the playoffs.

JV was good and vocal, but you need a position player to be the man. A pitcher is only good every 5 games.

Kinsler? Definitely not.

JV was good and vocal, but you need a position player to be the man. A pitcher is only good every 5 games.
    but do you believe a pitcher can only be a leader every 5 days?

Kinsler? Definitely not.

Kinsler drove that team. Heíd get a hit when they needed one and heíd look and point to the bench to get them fired up. He started the goggle gesture the rest of the team copied. When he was in the dugout, he was alway chirping from the railing. Guys a leader.

Kinsler? Definitely not.

Half the team didn't speak English and you should look at Miggy's post season stats. He didn't disappear, the players around him did. Stop grasping for straws and making stuff up.

Half the team didn't speak English and you should look at Miggy's post season stats. He didn't disappear, the players around him did. Stop grasping for straws and making stuff up.
    Cabrera's career numbers:

Regular season BA: .316
    Postseason BA: .278

Regular season OBP: .395
    Postseason OBP: .368

Regular season Slugging %: .551
    Postseason Slugging %: .517

Cabrera's career numbers:

Regular season BA: .316
    Postseason BA: .278

Regular season OBP: .395
    Postseason OBP: .368

Regular season Slugging %: .551
    Postseason Slugging %: .517
    Cmon whool. That is not disappearing. Give him even more post season at bats (theoretical ones in the past) and I bet the numbers look even better.

Yeah, clearly not as good as regular season but not bad at all lol

If I'm spending $30 million a year on a guy to build around, its not gonna be one that can't speak English and performs 10% worse during the postseason.

I agree to an extent but itís also a small sample size and heís facing top pitching every at bat. You were kinda making it sound like he was a guy putting up a .650 OPS. That would be disappearing to me.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 07-06-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast