Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I think itís way too early to know if his ceiling is a #1, #2 or less.
    True but I think they need to decide. Personally I see him more as a 2/3 than a true ace. I don't think his value will get much higher. Hate to see them cling to him and then watch him regress a bit. If we could net a nice prospect package out of the Yanks, Braves, etc. you got to
    at least discuss it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    True but I think they need to decide. Personally I see him more as a 2/3 than a true ace. I don't think his value will get much higher. Hate to see them cling to him and then watch him regress a bit. If we could net a nice prospect package out of the Yanks, Braves, etc. you got to
    at least discuss it.
    Sure you listen but you canít sell low. Guys fluctuate in their early years and heís been unlucky with run support and D. Unless they blow you away, keep him.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,676
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Sure you listen but you canít sell low. Guys fluctuate in their early years and heís been unlucky with run support and D. Unless they blow you away, keep him.
    This team isn't set up to win until he gets expensive. Trade him now and you get much better prospect then if you wait a couple years when he will command $20 mill per year. I love Fulmer and want to keep him but it makes more baseball sense to trade him.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    This team isn't set up to win until he gets expensive. Trade him now and you get much better prospect then if you wait a couple years when he will command $20 mill per year. I love Fulmer and want to keep him but it makes more baseball sense to trade him.
    I agree 100%. This isn't about his talent. Its about maximizing his value during a rebuilding stage.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,129
    As I pointed out last year, dude has an injury history in the Mets organization (probably why they were willing to trade him), so just off that and our timeline for being good again I would have taken some of the packages being bantied about last year for Fulmer. I like the kid, a lot actually, but he's one of those guys that your just waiting to implode during an inning or have an injury. I agree, we listen, and if the offers get up there during the playoff runs, then you take one that is very good and before he shuts down again with an arm injury.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,074
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    True but I think they need to decide. Personally I see him more as a 2/3 than a true ace. I don't think his value will get much higher. Hate to see them cling to him and then watch him regress a bit. If we could net a nice prospect package out of the Yanks, Braves, etc. you got to
    at least discuss it.
    100%

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,676
    It's been awhile we have all agreed on the same thing. lol

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I agree 100%. This isn't about his talent. Its about maximizing his value during a rebuilding stage.
    I just donít think his value is maximized right now. Look at Verlander last year, they trade him a month earlier and heís just not worth the same return. If Fulmer heats up and teams get desperate then Iím all for trading him for a very good return. If the return isnít great then you hang on to him and wait till his value goes back up.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I just donít think his value is maximized right now. Look at Verlander last year, they trade him a month earlier and heís just not worth the same return. If Fulmer heats up and teams get desperate then Iím all for trading him for a very good return. If the return isnít great then you hang on to him and wait till his value goes back up.
    Its all about speculation. If he heats up, great, his value goes up. If he gets injured or doesn't find his groove, his value drops. You sell high & maybe his value isn't at peak value, but it is high right now.

    I wanted Cabrera & Victor traded 3 years ago. Their values were high. We waited to long to trade Kinsler too.

    But to agree with your point a bit, I also wanted to get rid of JV when he was battling injuries. His value was way down at that point. That would have been a horrible move.

    That's why the GMs get paid the big bucks I guess

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,763
    Agree. Iím just more optimistic about his ability than I think is the consensus here.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Agree. Iím just more optimistic about his ability than I think is the consensus here.
    I donít think anyone is questioning his ability. I see him as having ace potential. But so do other GMs, so if you can get 2-3 top prospects, itís worth exploring.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,129
    Wow, what the crap happened to our little spunky team lately? They are playing like dog dirt lately. A lot of it has to be laid on the bullpen and spotty starting lately. The hitting is what it is and has kept us in most games but seems like after the 6th we have really been getting crushed. I am not liking the direction we are headed, with the exception of Avila can not now try to be buyer. We will need him to continue to be concentrating on the rebuild. No one, with the exception of Candy, should be untradeable. I'd hate to see Nick go but if the offers right, you need to make the move.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,199
    Spunk can only take you so far.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Wow, what the crap happened to our little spunky team lately? They are playing like dog dirt lately. A lot of it has to be laid on the bullpen and spotty starting lately. The hitting is what it is and has kept us in most games but seems like after the 6th we have really been getting crushed. I am not liking the direction we are headed, with the exception of Avila can not now try to be buyer. We will need him to continue to be concentrating on the rebuild. No one, with the exception of Candy, should be untradeable. I'd hate to see Nick go but if the offers right, you need to make the move.
    Nick is as much of a leader as is Cabrera or VMart. I don't know why this team always has such a hard time finding a bonafide leader.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,074
    It was only a matter of time and why care anyway? Itís not like we are winning the World Series. Crap the bed, trade what you can and get another high pick.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •