Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I just learned Jimenez made the AS team lol

Only realized it because the game is on in the background and I glanced over during the intros and was like whoa

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...nez/788366002/

pretty nice to see after his rookie year was so weak

Also, holy damn, Eugenio Suarez is an all star? This blows me away, I gotta start watching other teams than just Detroit

edit: he leads the NL in OPS? good lord

that's who we traded for big pasta?

I like Suarez. Liked him when he was a Tiger. You could tell by his approach he was going to be good. Didnít think this good though.

And yes, good for Jimenez. His last year would have wrecked some guys.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I like Suarez. Liked him when he was a Tiger. You could tell by his approach he was going to be good. Didnít think this good though.

And yes, good for Jimenez. His last year would have wrecked some guys.
    I remember thinking not so highly of Suarez, like he was a soft bat with OK defense who was expendable because we already had a bunch of those guys. So in hindsight we opted for Dixon Machado over him.

I freely admit whiffing on that one lol

I keep thinking he had some glorious debut but when I looked up his Tigers debut it was nothing.

Oh, it was his starting debut that I remember he did something, had to search but he had a HR in first starting AB

It was more his minor league numbers that I liked. Didnít expect this power from him (although he obviously bulked up and plays half his games in Cincy) but he had pretty good avg and high obp all the way up.

Looking back on that trade I think I was more annoyed about giving up Crawford, but it doesn't look like he's done anything. Dude went 0-10 last year in A ball, yikes

Probably a good thing I'm not calling the shots

0-10

Donít get me wrong, itís not like I thought Suarez was gonna turn into this. Just figured heíd be a solid defender with the chance of hitting like .280, .350 obp with 15 dingers or something.

Well, it's looking like we started out too good also this season to allow us to completely drop in for the first pick. Right now, we have 5 teams with worse records and they all appear to be tanking. So, watch, this will be the year there is a complete stud at the #1 pick unlike last year. Sucks right now.

Last year we had a much better record and dropped like a rock in water the last 2 months. We will finish bottom 5 for sure. O's and Royals are just much worse then us. I think we end up with the 3rd or 4th pick.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456