Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2018 Patriots News and Trades

As the title suggests please post any News/Rumors/ Trades here.

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.
    New England trading Brandin Cooks to LA means that the Patriots will not be trading Rob Gronkowski this off-season, as some have speculated. Pats will rely on Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Rob Gronkowski, amongst other
    Source: Adam Schefter

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Pats will rely on Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Rob Gronkowski, amongst other
    So the guys that won us a SB against Atlanta. I'm down for that. I'm praying we don't draft a WR or CB with that 1st. This is the range we might be able to nab Leighton which I would be SO hyped for.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust:32260019
    Pats will rely on Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Rob Gronkowski, amongst other
    So the guys that won us a SB against Atlanta. I'm down for that. I'm praying we don't draft a WR or CB with that 1st. This is the range we might be able to nab Leighton which I would be SO hyped for.
    I think this also signals we might sign WR Jordan Matthews who fits this offense better then cooks did. We try matthews him out then trade cooks, would make sense.

31st pick and a 4th for the 23rd pick and a 6th while getting a good year from a young talented reciever to see how well he fits. Nice job by Bill recouping that value.

This opens up more cap space, hopefully we can get some extensions worked out for guys like Brown, Flowers, Mason, etc. A decision was going to be eventually made when it came to Cooks.. we weren't going to pay him 10/12/14m+ so either get something for him now or be satisfied with a 3rd round comp.

Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Britt, Dorsett, Patterson and we could sign Jordan Matthews. That's a doable unit with Gronk and White/Burk. We have some question marks of course. Edelman coming back from the ACL, guys sometimes need year back to feel normal again plus he's getting older. Mitchell can't be counted on to stay healthy. Britt and Dorsett are question marks and Patterson is limited. If Gronk gets hurt we don't have much of a recieving option behind him. With a downgrade at LT, the O may struggle more. If anyone can will a unit to get it done, it's Tom(of course he's getting older too though). What we downgrade at on O we need to compensate at with improvements across the board on D. Injured guys returning and some high picks there would pay off BIG TIME. More stops, more offensive possessions, better time of possession and field position. Combine that with a top ST unit and we'll be golden.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

It feels good to be super excited about day one and two of the draft. I'm usually excited, but you can only get so excited when you pick at the end of the round every single year haha.

2 1sts
    2 2nds
    1 3rd

3 3rds next year

We need to hit on these drafts.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

definitely need to sign Matthews. Mabe maclin aswell.

Very good value for Cooks now need to make the draft pan out.

Went from one of the best receiving corps in the league to easily the worst in quick fashion

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54:32260126
    definitely need to sign Matthews. Mabe maclin aswell.

I think Matthews still has something to offer, with a good QB, he was a beast in Phili, but then new system and he didnt thrive there, Maclin is merely a burning that safeties have to respect deep, but brady doesnt hit them effectively, he never has!!

Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    Went from one of the best receiving corps in the league to easily the worst in quick fashion
    That might be a big deal if the season started Sunday. It's clear we're already better off than in '06.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:32260470
    Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    That might be a big deal if the season started Sunday. It's clear we're already better off than in '06.
    I dont think losing cooks hurts, we played better in superbowl when he was knocked out, Hogan stepped up, and be honest he never seemed to be on the same page with brady alot of wasted plays to cooks. Brady doesnt need a burner, he needs versatile WRs. What this team has missed in the WR corp is an anquan bolden type WR, who wins fights, thats why gronk is so dominate because he wins the fight.

Amendola i will miss, he always stepped up when we needed him.

The #Patriots have agreed to terms with former #AZCardinals TE Troy Niklas on a 1-year deal, source said. The 2014 2nd round draft pick recently visited New England.
    Source: Ian Rapoport

Source: the Patriots are signing former Ravens & Jaguars OL Luke Bowanko.
    Source: Field Yates
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 04-04-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    I dont think losing cooks hurts, we played better in superbowl when he was knocked out, Hogan stepped up, and be honest he never seemed to be on the same page with brady alot of wasted plays to cooks. Brady doesnt need a burner, he needs versatile WRs. What this team has missed in the WR corp is an anquan bolden type WR, who wins fights, thats why gronk is so dominate because he wins the fight.

Amendola i will miss, he always stepped up when we needed him.
    I wouldn't be as concerned if the trade happened much earlier in free agency,it also would make things better if they would've signed Jordan Matthews but now he's visiting the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Source: Ian Rapoport
    I remember really wanting us to draft him in the 2nd round that year. Every once in awhile I would check in on him and see how he was doing. Basically never played. Not much of a blocker and barely caught any passes.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast