Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @AllbrightNFL
    Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

Uhh...
    And how do they expect to get him? Josh Rosen is going top 4.. I'll be surprised if he's not a brown, giant, or jet after the draft. Trading all 3 of their top picks would probably only get them into the early teens, maybe around pick 10. I could be wrong, I know there's a formula that gives points for draft picks but I don't know what it is.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    And how do they expect to get him? Josh Rosen is going top 4.. I'll be surprised if he's not a brown, giant, or jet after the draft. Trading all 3 of their top picks would probably only get them into the early teens, maybe around pick 10. I could be wrong, I know there's a formula that gives points for draft picks but I don't know what it is.

Would take those three and next years first.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm going to be really interested to see who takes him. I think his success is highly dependent on a team taking him with a coach that will cater to his strengths.
    I agree and I think Bill bellichick could be that coach. (if he stays with the patriots)

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Pretty convinced the Pats will pick Lauletta with our first or the 9ers 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That high?

Thats why i said Uhh...

PAPI SMASH!

Trade Brady and Gronk lol!

That high?
    Doubt our 2nd 1st. Maybe the Niners pick. If he is there at 62, that will be the pick. He just screams Belichick pick.

PAPI SMASH!

Doubt our 2nd 1st. Maybe the Niners pick. If he is there at 62, that will be the pick. He just screams Belichick pick.
    Well, aside from it probably being a reach that high, why would BB take a developmental qb in the 2nd round? He can't coach forever.

Oh it was definitely a need for the Rams. As impressive as their turnaround was last season, the offense was not dynamic outside of Gurley playing out of his mind. Gives Gurley and their possession receivers more room to operate and Goff needs all the weapons he can get.
    I just think Robert woods and Cooper kupp, both very young stud receivers that still haven't hit their prime, is a good core of receivers. The fact that gurley is one of the better receiving backs in the league adds another dimension to the passing game. Now, their wide receiver group is much better of course, but would it be more beneficial to the team as a whole to just add depth behind those two guys and then use that #23 pick to draft at a position of need, like linebacker for example?

Brandin cooks is in the 5th year of his rookie contract. In other words, he's about to get paid.. Guess who else needs to get paid, Aaron Donald.. The rams don't want to decide between paying Donald and cooks (Donald would win) and cooks will leave after 1 year on the rams at the expense of a 1st round draft pick.

Your baby can't do this

Thats why i said Uhh...
    Yea. Would be interesting to see what the patriots plan on doing

Your baby can't do this

I just think Robert woods and Cooper kupp, both very young stud receivers that still haven't hit their prime, is a good core of receivers. The fact that gurley is one of the better receiving backs in the league adds another dimension to the passing game. Now, their wide receiver group is much better of course, but would it be more beneficial to the team as a whole to just add depth behind those two guys and then use that #23 pick to draft at a position of need, like linebacker for example?

Brandin cooks is in the 5th year of his rookie contract. In other words, he's about to get paid.. Guess who else needs to get paid, Aaron Donald.. The rams don't want to decide between paying Donald and cooks (Donald would win) and cooks will leave after 1 year on the rams at the expense of a 1st round draft pick.

You still need to add a dynamic wr to that pair. They both run good routes and have good hands, but you still need someone to stretch the field so create room for then to operate. Goff really struggled against any legitimate defense and it was basically the Todd Gurley show. They overpaid a bit for sure, but a necessary move if they plan to be a legitimate SB contender.

That high?
    Yeah I think so. He screams patriots player to me, and Bill is known for reaching on guys he thinks have a “patriot attitude”

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Let's not forget Lamarcus Joyner, Top 2 safety last season IMO. He's someone I'd love the Eagles to sign if he hits the open market in 2019 (replacing Rodney McLeod).

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Let's not forget Lamarcus Joyner, Top 2 safety last season IMO. He's someone I'd love the Eagles to sign if he hits the open market in 2019 (replacing Rodney McLeod).
    Joyner was probably the best coverage safety in the NFL last year. We’ll see if he can do it again but he was amazing last year. Eagles could definitely use that type of player, you guys would be pretty scary

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Last year the Patriots traded #32 and #103 for Cooks and #118. Now they trade Cooks with #135 for #23 and one of LA's 4 6th rounders (not sure which). And in between there they got a good year out of Cooks at a cheap rookie contract rate.

So you really can't argue with the value vs. value out. The Cooks trade was great for NE in that sense. But then you have to consider where this leaves them now. NE was kind of tight against the cap so clearing Cooks $8M salary solves that. Should give them some room to pursue value signings like LB Jon Cassilas who'd be a nice add.

At WR, this leaves NE with Edelman/Hogan/Mitchell/Patterson/Britt/Dorsett. Honestly, considering they have a #1 target at TE, that isn't that bad IF Edelman bounces back and IF Mitchell is recovered from his knee injury that he missed last year with. Unfortunately, neither is a given. So now the depth chart lacks at the top, despite being pretty deep overall.

Also have to consider the future. Hogan, Patterson, Britt, Dorsett are all FAs after the year and Cooks was set to be in that group. And Edelman/Mitchell were set for FA the next year. Cooks was likely to be too expensive for them. So, the way I see it, this gives them an opportunity to add a young receiver in the draft with one of those 5 top 100 picks to layer the depth chart a little better. I'd plan on keeping 6 WRs (not including Slater since he's STs only) as follows:

1) Edelman 2) Hogan 3) Mitchell 4) (Top 100 Pick) 5/6) 2 of Patterson, Britt and Dorsett

If Mitchell seems all the way back you might not need to keep 2 of that last group. Patterson seems to have the edge in that last group because of return and special teams ability but not a given.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast