Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I still think it's a move that you gotta go for if you're BOS. I love Tatum and think he's gonna be great but realistically will he ever be more than Kawhi? Chances are incredibly stacked against that. If you can get Kawhi I think you need to.

I think that they could put together a great offer without including Brown. Tatum/Rozier/2019 SAC 1st/Yabusele/Semi Ojeleye/Abdel Nader/Another future BOS 1st I think is a strong offer. It works salary wise.

Re-sign Smart with bird rights, Larkin with bi-annual exception and Baynes with the MLE.

Kyrie / Larkin
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward / Morris
    Leonard / Theis
    Horford / Baynes

That's a loaded team.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1 - Bogut

2 - The last 3 finals were the same two teams, and twice it was almost the exact same teams. Try harder if you want to make that claim.
    That's the point... there is no need for a high quality center... anyone can be used if you have the right wings

Bogut played 75 minutes in the first finals and 60 minutes in the second finals...

worrying about who is playing center is like worrying about who is handing out water bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Kyrie is a good defender?!
    That man can't stay in front of a light pole

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    That's the point... there is no need for a high quality center... anyone can be used if you have the right wings

Bogut played 75 minutes in the first finals and 60 minutes in the second finals...

worrying about who is playing center is like worrying about who is handing out water bottles
    Also helps when there's a top 3 all time player or 2 of the best 3 pt shooters on one team.

4 years ago: Duncan V Bosh
    5 years ago: Duncan V Bosh
    6 years ago: Adams/Kanter/Nazr V Bosh
    7 years ago: Tyson Chandler
    8 years ago: Perkins/Garnett V Bynum/Gasol

Going back only 3 years was very arbitrary to making it sound like you don't need a center to win.

Oh and BTW:
    2016 finals Bogut suffered a knee injury in game 5. He was playing 15 MPG before that.
    2015 finals Bogut only appeared in 4 games. 75 minutes in 4 games is 19 MPG.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I dont want him... Not a fan of what the dude is currently doing and i rather never part with embiid/fultz/simmons/saric... Saric looks special as well and he would be probably a center piece and id rather not do it...

Something like Saric/Kork/Tlc and a first would probably get it done but pass.
    Dude it would take all those bums to get kawhi. You guys forget your talking about trading for a Finals Mvp Rare 2 way Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also helps when there's a top 3 all time player or 2 of the best 3 pt shooters on one team.

4 years ago: Duncan V Bosh
    5 years ago: Duncan V Bosh
    6 years ago: Adams/Kanter/Nazr V Bosh
    7 years ago: Tyson Chandler
    8 years ago: Perkins/Garnett V Bynum/Gasol

Going back only 3 years was very arbitrary to making it sound like you don't need a center to win.

Oh and BTW:
    2016 finals Bogut suffered a knee injury in game 5. He was playing 15 MPG before that.
    2015 finals Bogut only appeared in 4 games. 75 minutes in 4 games is 19 MPG.
    what? lololololol

I actually even forgot in that Thunder/Heat finals that the Thunder traded out some of those guys and had Kendrick Perkins playing 23 minutes per game.

So it even strengthened the side of centers matter. Last years finals the Warriors still played centers for about 30 MPG, filling in a whole 16 MPG with no real big out there.

The Cavs obviously went opposite with their 3 tallest guys being Thompson, Frye, Love. Then again they had the luxury of having the best player in the world.

PROCESSING

Heat have Whiteside and some young players. Maybe Pat could pull something off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    omg... please take this guys posting privileges away
    For speaking the truth? LOL. Boston isn't trading Heyward, Horford or Irving. No chance they trade Tatum. Kawhi's value is at all time lows. So many question marks around him. Superstars never bring back what they're worth. Look it up.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Brown and Tatum are VERY good players.

I feel like those two would be more untouchable than Hayward. They are young, and healthy, and on the cusp of greatness.

Kyrie is in bloom now, but he won't be for long. Players like him. He reminds me in many respects of guys like Isiah Thomas, Tim Hardaway, Iverson, and to a certan extent Marbury in that he relies heavily on his quickness and ball handing (his game is unique compare to each of them obviously). But these guys who rely so much on quickness fade fast, often at or before 30.

Brown and Tatum, these guys are build for the long haul. Their style of play s suited to good systems and coaching.

Kyrie also has health concerns. I mean... is anybody surpirsed that he's injured at the end of the season?

Brown Tatum and perhaps Rozier are the pieces I'd be most likely to hang onto outside of Kyrie.

Hell... if the Spurs offers Leonard for Kyrie straight up, I'd take that.

But yeah... Brown and Tatum... those guys will be amazing.
    Brown and Tatum are on the cusp of greatness? both have shown to be serviceable and giving the massive playing time more for Brown they should at least have put together a few 40pt games given the minutes they play and being super young if they were on the cusp of greatness, I sware the way you guys rate players is something else, I have watched enough Boston games to know that it is super boring if Irving is not on the floor showcasing his gift so if those guys were on the cusp of greatness it would stick out like a sore thumb which it does not, flashes here in there but no flash in the pan player is ever regarded as ''great'' or as I say dominant.

are they capable of one day going off for multiple 40pt games? I would like to think so since they play a lot in early years

when you say on cusp of greatness I think of players like Shaq(many 20+pts 20rebound rookie games or first 2-3 season total) and others of that ilk who come into the league and put it on full notice, Brown next year will be the same as he has shown but the speed of the game will be more accustomed to fit what he does best, which is get shots up and play sound defense, he will never be in Leonard category, he is basically a athletic version of Hayward, and probably not as good of a natural pure shooter but Hayward is not the 1 on 1 defender that Brown is, with that being said I would keep Tatum and package Brown since you would be getting a better 2 way version, and the reason its way better because right now if he were playing he would be compared to Lebron / KD / Harden etc. the top tier players of the game where as Brown can only hope to be mentioned as a guy who made a couple all stars, Leonard was also a top 3 mvp candidate just last season, if Boston rolls out a Leonard/Hayward/Irving all healthy lineup that strikes way more fear in opponents than if Brown was there

Brown nor Tatum has shown me that AI rookie moment at the Garden, 35pts and making defenders literally spin in circles and fouling almost the entire backcourt out the game, now that's on the cusp of being dominant(great), or breaking Wilts 40pt rookie game record, that's what I call on the cusp of 'greatness'

If you're LAL you trade: Randle with Ingram.

If you're Boston: You trade Tatum AND Brown.

Kawhi is better than any of those teams players including Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    If you're LAL you trade: Randle with Ingram.

If you're Boston: You trade Tatum AND Brown.

Kawhi is better than any of those teams players including Kyrie.
    Boston trading Tatum and Brown. LMAO insert a million crying faces.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe you are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope turns out he's done for the season. He's definitely never trying defensively ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nope turns out he's done for the season. He's definitely never trying defensively ever again.
    What are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    Dude it would take all those bums to get kawhi. You guys forget your talking about trading for a Finals Mvp Rare 2 way Superstar.
    or a player currently with injury question marks who is at odds with his team and or refuses to play because he is worried about his next 200 million dollar contract while likely getting a 200 million dollar contract? You cant just look at the players involved but the situation of said team and the situation of said trading team... KL is a top 5 player in the world but what it takes to get him would kill any team without another top 5 player in the world... Id rather stick with Embiid/Ben/Saric/Fultz... I wouldnt trade Ben for KL straight up if I am being honest... KL is the better player no doubt but Ben is cost controlled for a while and has top player in the world potential... Getting KL for ben or Joel wouldnt be worth it and again id rather stick with our core and just sign a top free agent in the off season.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast