Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 300
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    29,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Kawhi for Kyrie straight up...who says no? Both are relatively young, extremely talented and have injury concerns.
    I think Boston does. Not really from a talent standpoint, though. I think most people would admit that Kawhi is a superior player to Kyrie. But Kawhi only has one year left on his deal and he'd be coming to a team that already has too many wings between Hayward, Tatum and Brown. Unless one of those guys figures out to play PG or grows an extra two inches and moves to the 4, that's two starting-caliber players who will have their minutes severely reduced. Also, then what does Boston do at PG? Is Rozier your starting PG moving forward? Because that seems like a pretty bold gamble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think Boston does. Not really from a talent standpoint, though. I think most people would admit that Kawhi is a superior player to Kyrie. But Kawhi only has one year left on his deal and he'd be coming to a team that already has too many wings between Hayward, Tatum and Brown. Unless one of those guys figures out to play PG or grows an extra two inches and moves to the 4, that's two starting-caliber players who will have their minutes severely reduced. Also, then what does Boston do at PG? Is Rozier your starting PG moving forward? Because that seems like a pretty bold gamble.
    Excellent points, MBT...I didn't factor in the contract situation.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Excellent points, MBT...I didn't factor in the contract situation.
    I think trading Irving is playing with house money. They know what they are without him already. Tatum goes to the bench or you trade Brown for someone else. If Leonard bolts you still have Tatum at 3/4, and you took your best shot.

    Part of the reason they have Irving and Thomas before that is because they weren't a very good offensive team. Now Brown is coming into his own and Tatum is a beast. Throw Hayward and Kawhi in with Horford and the kids, and they don't look particularly in need of Irving's skillset like they used to be. Don't get me wrong, another good player is almost never bad, but Irving's expendable.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I think trading Irving is playing with house money. They know what they are without him already. Tatum goes to the bench or you trade Brown for someone else. If Leonard bolts you still have Tatum at 3/4, and you took your best shot.

    Part of the reason they have Irving and Thomas before that is because they weren't a very good offensive team. Now Brown is coming into his own and Tatum is a beast. Throw Hayward and Kawhi in with Horford and the kids, and they don't look particularly in need of Irving's skillset like they used to be. Don't get me wrong, another good player is almost never bad, but Irving's expendable.
    I feel is Tatum / Brown were true beast and with their 2 other max players out they would drop at least Wiggins type numbers of a year ago, or have major stretches where they are getting 23ppg taking turns especially since Rozier has came to the table with his deck of cards

    Getting Leonard is like getting D Sanders / Revis / Woodson at their apex, he basically contains or takes out the other teams best perimeter player, while Brown has shown to be a better defender than Tatum thus far they will never be on the level of Leonard, and Leonard is good for 20 - 25ppg legit, not waiting for him to come into his own and he is at his complete apex, regardless of this minor setback he has come across

    I would trade either Irving / Tatum or Brown, I say Tatum only if Bron stays in the East and Brown can spot cover Bron as relief for Leonard

    I would try and get that stretch 4 from Spurs as well included in deal, he would be nice backup 3pt sniper behind Horford and at times with Horford

    once Hayward and Irving comes back you wont see much beast mode from Tatum or Brown because the usage / minutes will shift downward, pretty massively but also depends on how Horford asserts himself offensively, because he is the original max deal guy Boston grabbed before Irving / Hayward, if Brown and Tatum get pushed to the 4th and 5th option then they will suffer big time In stats, not that they were putting up eye popping numbers any how, but the good numbers will now become lesser, hurting their value down the road

    I don't dwell into the young age game because last I checked you are at your complete apex in your youth years, not in the 30's and 40's, you can still play but lets not pretend Jordan 87' was same as Jordan 03'

    Brown / Tatum are good serviceable players and one will be included in any deal for a Leonard / Davis level player, book it

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think Boston does. Not really from a talent standpoint, though. I think most people would admit that Kawhi is a superior player to Kyrie. But Kawhi only has one year left on his deal and he'd be coming to a team that already has too many wings between Hayward, Tatum and Brown. Unless one of those guys figures out to play PG or grows an extra two inches and moves to the 4, that's two starting-caliber players who will have their minutes severely reduced. Also, then what does Boston do at PG? Is Rozier your starting PG moving forward? Because that seems like a pretty bold gamble.
    Contract really has nothing to do with it because Kyrie and Leonards contracts are up in the same offseason. So swapping Kyrie for Leonard changes nothing on that front. Either way, BOS would have to re-sign whichever player is on their roster next offseason.

    But to your point, fit is the issue with this trade. Too many top end wings on the roster with Leonard. I'd be ok with Rozier and Smart as our PG's moving forward with the wings we already have. But we'd need to add another player of Kyrie's level at the 4 or the 5.

    I just don't like the fit. If position wasn't an issue, I'd make the trade in a heartbeat. Leonard is a superior player and he doesn't have the injury concerns long term that Kyrie has now with his knee.

    City of Champions

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,515
    If I'm Boston at this point. The only major trade I would consider at this point would be for Anthony Davis. It's not going to happen after the season NO just had so we can pretty much rule out any MAJOR shakeups from Boston. I think they continue to build on what they have - adding complimentary pieces and getting back healthy.

    City of Champions

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,924
    Boston donít need Leonard when they have the Lebron stopper in Morris.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Celtics trade for Kawhi and what would I give up?

    Brown, Rozier, Tatum and 2 draft picks to get Kawhi
    Thank God youíre not our GM

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    If I'm Boston at this point. The only major trade I would consider at this point would be for Anthony Davis. It's not going to happen after the season NO just had so we can pretty much rule out any MAJOR shakeups from Boston. I think they continue to build on what they have - adding complimentary pieces and getting back healthy.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

    What do you think of trying to pry Capela from Houston this offseason? They probably have to trade Hayward (if that is possible) to do it since it would have to be a near max offer for Capela. He is the type of player that Boston needs.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,581
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

    What do you think of trying to pry Capela from Houston this offseason? They probably have to trade Hayward (if that is possible) to do it since it would have to be a near max offer for Capela. He is the type of player that Boston needs.
    Capers isnít a fit in Boston. We donít run iso pick and rolls and just need a center to crash the boards. We need a guy that can handle the ball a bit and space the floor some like Baynes is doing. Camels wouldnít be a good fit at huge money for us.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

    What do you think of trying to pry Capela from Houston this offseason? They probably have to trade Hayward (if that is possible) to do it since it would have to be a near max offer for Capela. He is the type of player that Boston needs.
    He's not a great fit here. Stevens runs his team through the wing position. Many think Hayward is expendable right now with the way Brown/Tatum/Morris are playing but he will only improve this team. The more wings the better with Stevens. He essentially plays PG - 3 wings - C (who can handle the ball). There will be plenty of minutes for Hayward when he returns and he will have a big impact.

    I'd like to add another big, but they're devalued here in Stevens system (outside of Horford who's outstanding - he's really 1 of a kind right now)

    City of Champions

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanks guys for your input. Obviously have only watched a couple of Boston games this year, so don't have a great feel for what Stevens is doing. Horford seems like the good fit then.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    42
    I don't get all the celtics rumors... they dont need Leonard

    Philly is the most logical landing spot from all perspectives

    Phi trades - Saric, Fultz & #10 this year
    SA trades - Leonard & role players

    SA moves Kawhi to the east and gets an instand rebuild package
    Philly gets a top 5 player and can build around Leonard/Embiid/Simmons while still having pieces like covington, reddick, mcconnell, holmes, ilyasova, etc and can lure additional pieces for the vets min/MLE or even try to clear cap for Lebron (keep in mind this is coming from a knicks fan so i would hate to see this, but it is THE most logical scenario)

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,259
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboslice15 View Post
    I don't get all the celtics rumors... they dont need Leonard

    Philly is the most logical landing spot from all perspectives

    Phi trades - Saric, Fultz & #10 this year
    SA trades - Leonard & role players

    SA moves Kawhi to the east and gets an instand rebuild package
    Philly gets a top 5 player and can build around Leonard/Embiid/Simmons while still having pieces like covington, reddick, mcconnell, holmes, ilyasova, etc and can lure additional pieces for the vets min/MLE or even try to clear cap for Lebron (keep in mind this is coming from a knicks fan so i would hate to see this, but it is THE most logical scenario)
    You believe that the Celtics are guaranteed to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series? I don't see how any team that's not the Spurs wouldn't want to add Kawhi.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,338

    Teams lining up to trade for Kawhi

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You believe that the Celtics are guaranteed to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series? I don't see how any team that's not the Spurs wouldn't want to add Kawhi.
    Itís more of a ďfitĒ thing... Say Kawhi costs Jaylon Brown, Terry Rozier, and the SAC pick in 2019 (#1 protected). Then you have to choose from either him, or Kyrie at the end of the year because you probably canít fit both. So essentially Kawhi just cost you Kyrie, Brown, Rozier, and a high draft pick... thatís where I pass... Iím not willing to lose Kyrie for anything less than an upgrade at PG and for a top 5 PG thatís pretty hard to do lol... not to mention, who plays PG? Thatís a very important position (especially one who can play ISO) in Brads offense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •