Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Teams lining up to trade for Kawhi

RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Boston

I think Boston too, they would have to send 1 of Hayward or Horford though right?
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Maybe Tatum or Brown/Hayward and a top pick.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Don't see the Spurs trading Kawhi unless he asked to be traded.

But let's entertain the idea.

My Cavs have nothing to give him. Spurs would get a MASSIVE haul in return and I don't see it happening from Cleveland. The best we could offer would be some combination of Hood, Osman, Zizic, Nets 1st (if it lands top 4 that would be good), and a future Cavs 1st or two. That would be some young, promising assets to offer. And we'd have to take back a bad contract as well to help persuade the Spurs but they don't have any bad contracts they want to get out of, unless they want to move on from Gasol.

Even then, Boston (and other teams) could simply outbid us.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Strongly doubt they'd trade Hayward. They want to run Irving/Hayward/Leonard for their future.

They have the best firepower to get someone like Leonard. Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, Theis, and lots of draft picks.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Strongly doubt they'd trade Hayward. They want to run Irving/Hayward/Leonard for their future.

They have the best firepower to get someone like Leonard. Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, Theis, and lots of draft picks.
    They would have to trade Horford or Hayward to match salaries though wouldn't they?
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I actually doubt SA would take Hayward as the center part of the deal because he's coming off a major injury.

I think if SA does trade him to Boston they'll ask for Brown/Tatum (but Boston would likely only give up 1).

I could see the deal being for Brown (or Tatum), Horford, and a 1st Round pick or two.

Horford would be the win now component for SA to pair with LMA but isn't a long term albatross of a contract and Brown/Tatum and the 1st would be to rebuild in case they start dropping off.

Celtics could offer:

(Tatum and Rozier) as main pieces +
    (Morris and Baynes) as salary filler +
    2019 Kings 1st round and 2019 ClippersORGrizzlies 1st round pick
    The Baker is coming.

Blazers likely don't have as much as other teams, but I imagine their offer would be McCollum, Zach Collins, and several future 1st round picks.

Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Blazers likely don't have as much as other teams, but I imagine their offer would be McCollum, Zach Collins, and several future 1st round picks.
    I'd looooove for the Blazers to get Kawhi.

McCollum might be the BEST single player that's available that the Spurs could get, if we ignore potential of young players and draft picks. I wouldn't count you guys out that's for sure.
    The Baker is coming.

My word some of these Boston trade proposals are out of this world. Have we all suffered from memory loss? Superstars never get traded for proper value... Once teams know a player wants out there's a major value hit. Add in that Kawhi is mentally weak and sitting out for a supermax and his value takes another hit.

Boston would send something like this for Kawhi. Rozier + Smart (signs a 1 year 20 million dollar deal to match salary) + maaaaybe a draft pick.

Absolutely 0.0% chance they trade Irving, Horford, or Hayward.

Less than 2.0% chance they trade Tatum or Brown in a Kawhi deal.

Look at the past superstars traded, they're traded for peanuts on the dollar. Irving, Butler, PG13, etc.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Wiggins + a late draft pick for Kawhi makes the most sense for both teams. Maximize Kawhi's value and grab a young controlled piece that Pop could mold.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Plus I'm sure the Spurs want some kind of all star level player back so CJ would be nice for them.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast