Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Maybe some homerism here but I feel like Tatum would be the guy SA likes best. Ingram is obviously a tremendous young talent. Fultz was the #1 pick for a reason and I still believe. But I think Tatum showed a lot in BOS that's transferrable to SA's system of ball movement. Character wise he seems like such a Spurs guy. I feel like of the talked about teams - BOS, PHI, NYK, LAL - Tatum would be the piece valued individually the highest. And then I think BOS can round out the offer as well as anyone.

For me, as a C's fan, I wouldn't do both Brown and Tatum in a deal. Obviously Kawhi is tremendous but I feel confident about the potential of those two. Also, their contracts line up with Horford's expiring deal to give us financial flexibility that would be gone if we traded for Kawhi and maxed him out. So I wouldn't do both. BUT, if you can get him for just one then I think it's a no brainer move.

I'd prefer to give up Brown but I don't see franchise player potential with him unless his handles/shot creation grow beyond where I expect. He has shown more progression than I expected there to date so maybe SA agrees but I don't see it. I think it would take Tatum and I'd do it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Who wins and who loses in this trade?
    I'm not seeing any offer in the link. But judging from your avi, my guess is that HOU wins and SA loses lol

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'm not seeing any offer in the link. But judging from your avi, my guess is that HOU wins and SA loses lol
    Haha funny but it was an LAL-SA trade. I don’t why it’s not showing

Just kind of piggybacking off of what I said above...

I'd offer Tatum, Rozier, Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye and Abdel Nader (non guaranteed filler) with the '19 SAC pick.

I'd then re-sign Smart with Bird Rights. Re-sign Baynes with non-bird rights. Use the taxpayers MLE on a shooter like Belinelli, Seth Curry, etc.

Kyrie / Smart
    Leonard / (Shooter)
    Hayward / Brown
    Horford / Morris
    Baynes / Theis

To fill out the third unit we still have our 1st rounder and vet min deals. The bi-annual exception is also there if there's a good value out there (or gives us an edge over some teams for in-season buyouts).

when healthy he is the second best player in the league behind lebron

"those Boston young guys (Tatum and Brown) are closer to Al Harrington than being a stud, and Harrington was decent but nothing special / stud, that's what Boston players remind me of."

Mind-numbingly absurd thing to say about two guys that are 21 and 20.
    You act as if Kawhi Leonard was Kawhi Leonard from the moment he came into the NBA?
    Wrong.
    He was the 15th pick in 2011 and averaged under 8 PPG his rookie season.
    So GM's believed there were 14 better prospects in that draft.
    Who's to say in time either Brown or Tatum could not be the Leonard-level?
    The Al Harrington comparison is beyond laughable.
    Both Brown and Tatum will be better players within two seasons than AH ever was.

make of this what you will... Kawhi is in NYC and still in Spurs gear. Albeit with the uncle who seems to be causing some communication issues

Last edited by kdspurman; 04-27-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    make of this what you will... Kawhi is in NYC and still in Spurs gear.
    There's a report out there that he made a demand that coming back and not requesting a trade require Pops loosen up some in practice, on their life outside of basketball, and not resting him as much.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There's a report out there that he made a demand that coming back and not requesting a trade require Pops loosen up some in practice, on their life outside of basketball, and not resting him as much.
    Yea that bogus report from Frank Isola lol

Pop's teams typically don't practice a ton anyway, and Kawhi is known to be a gym rat who probably got this quad thing from overuse and working out so much

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    make of this what you will... Kawhi is in NYC and still in Spurs gear. Albeit with the uncle who seems to be causing some communication issues

what did you expect him to be wearing? He seems like a guy that would wear a hello kitty shirt if it was free...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    what did you expect him to be wearing? He seems like a guy that would wear a hello kitty shirt if it was free...
    judging from all the rumors and stuff people are throwing out there, anything but Spurs gear

Peter Vescey says the Spurs are done with Kawhi and if they trade him it'll be to the Eastern conference.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

If he is not "medically ready" to come back and play, SAS should apply for the Disabled Player Exception and sign someone else and deal with it when he is "medically ready" to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    If he is not "medically ready" to come back and play, SAS should apply for the Disabled Player Exception and sign someone else and deal with it when he is "medically ready" to play.
    That means he wouldn’t be able to play for a while.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That means he wouldn’t be able to play for a while.
    Well his advisors say he isn't ready to play, this forces it to a NBA appointed doctor and gets cap relief if he is injured.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast