Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Itís more of a ďfitĒ thing... Say Kawhi costs Jaylon Brown, Terry Rozier, and the SAC pick in 2019 (#1 protected). Then you have to choose from either him, or Kyrie at the end of the year because you probably canít fit both. So essentially Kawhi just cost you Kyrie, Brown, Rozier, and a high draft pick... thatís where I pass... Iím not willing to lose Kyrie for anything less than an upgrade at PG and for a top 5 PG thatís pretty hard to do lol... not to mention, who plays PG? Thatís a very important position (especially one who can play ISO) in Brads offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% agree with you

Boston is so damn good and young, and they have an abundance of wing players as it is. They would be better off making a move from their depth at the 2/3, keeping kyrie, and adding a dominant big man. Having a starting 5 with Horford, Irving, Tataum/brown/hayward (whoever doesnt get moved) + another dominant big will give golden state a run for their money.

I would trade Kyrie in a heartbeat. They are a better team without him. Only reason I see to keep him is if you think you need that closer but Tatum looks poised as hell already to me.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I would trade Kyrie in a heartbeat. They are a better team without him. Only reason I see to keep him is if you think you need that closer but Tatum looks poised as hell already to me.

Just a ridiculous statement. They are not a better team without him.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Just a ridiculous statement. They are not a better team without him.
    Sure they are. Now and in the future. They got lucky. Him being out, they are now experiencing success and doing it the right way, and that will be a super empowering experience for the young guys going forward.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Sure they are. Now and in the future. They got lucky. Him being out, they are now experiencing success and doing it the right way, and that will be a super empowering experience for the young guys going forward.

They're a good team with or without him. But better with him. Before he was injured they were atop the Eastern Conference for the majority of the season. They had only 11 losses before his knee started flaring up.

If you actually watch the games they're still missing a consistent "go to" scoring option. Kyrie provides just that. They're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year when Kyrie and Hayward return to a roster that was just in the Finals.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 05-16-2018 at 05:49 PM.

City of Champions

Teams lining up to trade for Kawhi

The hate for Kyrie is insane. The Celtics have had success with Rozier because they are stylistically similar... Kyrie is one of the best at what he does, And I think he can make a full recovery with the screws being taken out of his knee. Heís elite and makes this Celtics team scary.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Teams lining up to trade for Kawhi

They're a good team with or without him. But better with him. Before he was injured they were atop the Eastern Conference for the majority of the season. They had only 11 losses before his knee started flaring up.

If you actually watch the games they're still missing a consistent "go to" scoring option. Kyrie provides just that. They're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year when Kyrie and Hayward return to a roster that was just in the Finals.
    Itís not even the scoring option alone... itís that ability to run the offense through the point when they need it. Rozier canít pass a quarter as well as Kyrie does, and he canít create his own shot in the same stratosphere as well as Kyrie. Donít get me wrong... I love Rozier, but on his best day heís not as good as Kyrie on his worst imo

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Confirmed. He's a clipper, pop is coming too and cp3 returns

I agree they will be a little better next year, although I don't think they are better with Kyrie going forward. If you think of a team like San Antonio, which plays the game the way pretty much everyone aspires to.... No one ever thinks, "man all we need is a player like Kyrie, or Westbrook", or what have you. I think Boston will be the 2nd best team in the conference if they make no moves. I can tell you one thing though that you can take to the bank: whatever number Vegas puts on the win total for the Celtics take the under - it will be the easiest money you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Itís more of a ďfitĒ thing... Say Kawhi costs Jaylon Brown, Terry Rozier, and the SAC pick in 2019 (#1 protected). Then you have to choose from either him, or Kyrie at the end of the year because you probably canít fit both. So essentially Kawhi just cost you Kyrie, Brown, Rozier, and a high draft pick... thatís where I pass... Iím not willing to lose Kyrie for anything less than an upgrade at PG and for a top 5 PG thatís pretty hard to do lol... not to mention, who plays PG? Thatís a very important position (especially one who can play ISO) in Brads offense

At least recently in this thread, the conversation was Irving for Kawhi straight up. You deliberately put Rozier in your deal and then said, "Who plays PG?" Well if you trade away all your PGs, yes you are going to have a problem at PG. That's not a counterargument against trading Irving for Kawhi, it's a counterargument against trading all your PGs for a non-PG.

I agree they will be a little better next year, although I don't think they are better with Kyrie going forward. If you think of a team like San Antonio, which plays the game the way pretty much everyone aspires to.... No one ever thinks, "man all we need is a player like Kyrie, or Westbrook", or what have you. I think Boston will be the 2nd best team in the conference if they make no moves. I can tell you one thing though that you can take to the bank: whatever number Vegas puts on the win total for the Celtics take the under - it will be the easiest money you can make.

SA was rumored to badly want Kyrie but just had no assets, for what itís worth.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I think and its just me, trading Kyrie away would be a huge huge mistake for Celtics. And they won't do that.

And he played a complete team ball this year. At one point in 2-3 years from now i think all the people see the real value of Kyrie.

What team is better than BOS in the East next year?

Why would SAS not want Kyrie? They did last offseason when he was on the trade block.

SAS is no longer the gold standard. Teams will be mimicking GS and BOS this offseason. Player versatility will be the focus league wide.

City of Champions

I think Philly will give them a fight for that spot

I think Philly will give them a fight for that spot

They'll be good. But not as good as BOS with a returning Hayward and Irving...Unless they can add a LBJ, PG or Kawhi.

City of Champions

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920