Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Itís funny to me how Mickey and Kepler have completely switched positions in this forums mind.

Hopefully it happens again tho....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I edited it for you

Thanks pal. You may be on to something hahaha

a

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Itís funny to me how Mickey and Kepler have completely switched positions in this forums mind.

Hopefully it happens again tho....lol.

Well in all fairness in the first week Gabe pulled nola after 70 pitches when he was cruising for no apparent reason like an idiot and it cost them the game, and then a few weeks later Mickey submitted the wrong lineup card causing an automatic out and possibly a run like an idiot lol. Also, when you make ballsy (or stupid depending on how you look at it) decisions if you are winning people call you a genius, and edgy and when you are losing you're an idiot and clueless. At the end of the day any decision that go against the traditional move will be considered genius if your winning and considered stupid if you lose. In my opinion neither of these two are good managers to this point they are both still learning and will have growing pains along the way. The difference right now is Gabe is now staying out of the way and letting his players do the winning, where Mickey is now trying to stay out of the way but his players suck right now and are doing the losing.
    Well in all fairness to everyone in the first tw
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I donít think theyíre idiots. I donít think they want to risk money in hopes of winning. I just donít think itís all that important to them.
    Winning at any expense is not on the table. I really donít have an issue with that tho fans generally prefer owners that are willing to pay through the nose.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Bartolo just took a 102 mph line drive to the belly and laughed it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Winning at any expense is not on the table. I really donít have an issue with that tho fans generally prefer owners that are willing to pay through the nose.

Mets havenít won a title in 32 years, a stretch filled with many losing years. To what do you attribute this drought?

Mets havenít won a title in 32 years, a stretch filled with many losing years. To what do you attribute this drought?
    It's been a lot of bad management, terrible fiscal allocation, and awful ownership. The Mets won't fire Alderson. It will publicly be a decision where he steps aside.

The thing is if the Mets want to win they better hire a GM who can master a farm system and developing players because the Wilpons will never acquire the best FA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's been a lot of bad management, terrible fiscal allocation, and awful ownership. The Mets won't fire Alderson. It will publicly be a decision where he steps aside.

The thing is if the Mets want to win they better hire a GM who can master a farm system and developing players because the Wilpons will never acquire the best FA anymore.
    Basically this.

As long as these guys are owners they will always have one foot out the door when it comes to spending to improve the team.

So the only hope for this team to win is a great GM who can develop a perennial top 10 farm system. Weren't Alderson and his triumvirate supposed to be here exactly for that reason?

Well they failed, pretty badly. He deserves to get fired.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Was curious to hear what Dugmet had to say on the subject....
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Bartolo just took a 102 mph line drive to the belly and laughed it off.
    He's amazing. I loved watching that guy play - still do. He was chuckling as if the baseball had no chance against his panus.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen. Mets have been in the playoffs 6 times in the last 32 years. During the past 32 years the Mets have spent gobs of money some seasons and not so much during other seasons. Fortunes follow talent, for better or worse. From time to time Mets have had some of the best talent in baseball the past 3.2 decades: Santana, Piazza, Wright, Reyes, Delgado, Beltran, Saberhagen, Gooden, Strawberry, Harvey, KRod, Cabrera, etc.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen. Mets have been in the playoffs 6 times in the last 32 years. During the past 32 years the Mets have spent gobs of money some seasons and not so much during other seasons. Fortunes follow talent, for better or worse. From time to time Mets have had some of the best talent in baseball the past 3.2 decades: Santana, Piazza, Wright, Reyes, Delgado, Beltran, Saberhagen, Gooden, Strawberry, Harvey, KRod, Cabrera, etc.
    So there really hasn't been a drought then?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Six times in 32 years!!!!

Wow! A dynasty!

So there really hasn't been a drought then?
    Periods of success and periods of decline. Sometimes the team underachieved, sometimes overachieved.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Six times in 32 years!!!!

Wow! A dynasty!
    Put us up against anyone except the Royals in 2015, and we win the title walking away. They nullified our biggest strength (strikeout pitching) and exacerbated our biggest weakness (shoddy infield defense). And even with those bad matchups, we gave away three games late, and should have won that series.

Otherwise, though, it hasn't been a great run.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast