Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Why was Julio taken out in the 7th after only 79 pitches?
    He gave up two hard hit balls (single and double) and a walk. Pollock was picked off in between to limit the damage. With the break coming in, our best relievers were available, I'm not really against it, was a bit surprised though, but everything went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Not sure why everyone seems to be so far down on Ender. He is pretty much hitting the same as he did last year just been having bad luck .270BABIP vs a .339BABIP last year. The lowest that has been since a .310 his rookie year. He is even walking a bit more than he has in the past, k rate is about the same. His glove is what brings his value, when his balls in play start finding holes he will be right back to what he does.
    I won't say it has been entirely bad luck, last year he had a 23.9 LD% this year he's at 19.3%. That's a big drop off, I still believe in him but until he's good again we can't keep giving him the most at bats on the team.

Oh I'm fine with him batting lower, but he still holds good value at what he is doing now. He has like a 1.1 WAR right now even with hitting like crap so far.

No one is questioning the value of Inciarte....it's the same as Dansby. Solid to excellent glove...just not good offensively. At least not lead-off hitting good enough.

Those two belong in the lower half of the lineup...let them get it going together and that way we can theoretically have a #1/2 in the top and lower half of the lineup.

We need lead-off figured out. Either roll with the potent, yet impatient, Albies...or if you like him hitting 2nd so much...get creative.

Carmargo at lead-off isn't something I would scoff at. Hell, you can go back with Inciarte at 9 again with Ozzie hitting lead-off followed by Acuna...that will work too.

But if we want our offense to remain consistently good...Ozzie needs to heat up, Freedie needs to be Freedie...and Acuna needs to get it going as well. Those 3 can definitely keep this offense going for the rest of the year.

Was rooting for Freeman in the derby, but I don't want him to mess up his swing. I liked his approach. Fewest HRs, but hit to all fields. Derby isn't worth fading down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Was rooting for Freeman in the derby, but I don't want him to mess up his swing. I liked his approach. Fewest HRs, but hit to all fields. Derby isn't worth fading down the stretch.
    He sure isn't built for the derby and it showed. I think he only pulled like 2 hits the entire thing lol.

Was cool seeing a Brave in the Derby though, been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He sure isn't built for the derby and it showed. I think he only pulled like 2 hits the entire thing lol.

Was cool seeing a Brave in the Derby though, been a long time.
    Yeah it was great, when was the last time a Braves player was in a derby? 2005? Freeman swing was the same he use in a game, trying to go oppo everytime. I was rooting for himbut he was exhausted after the first round, so I'm kinda happy he didn't make it any further.

I hope we see Acuņa in the future.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354