Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Huge stretch of games coming up. At the Phillies and Red Sox. Then series with the Mets and Nationals.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

What a huge win, shame on me for quitting after the 8th inning, I thought we were done, thanks to a friend I re-started watching the game just in time to see Swanson hit the walk off single. Interestingly we scored 10 runs without hitting an extra base hit (the Dansby walk off should be scored as a double). Teheran was dealing before the 4th inning so I give him a pass, it was just a really bad inning. What a good job by this team to go on the road on a very high note, now we have what is posible the hardest week so far this year, 3 games at Philly and 3 games at Fenway, if we manage to go 4-2 this week I'm about ready to call this team a contender.

Sims keep underperforming in the majors, he's doing really well at AAA, just can't translate that success at this level, with Wisler, Gohara and Fried ready to take a rotation spot at anytime if needed we should start using Sims in relieve at AAA, get him use to it mentally, it could be good for him and for the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    DOBrienAJC

Says "both" parties but we are paying him 1M, so I'm sure AA would of rather he was on the team. But being he knows him and probably respected his decision to rather find other work.
    Since he was signed to a minor league deal the Braves had to pay him the prorated portion of the 1M while he was on the 25 roster, releasing him means that we don't have to pay him anymore, if I'm not mistaken.

I could have watched a split screen and the game and Acuna/Albies during that 9th inning. The youth and excitement are obvious with this club. What a great win!

Has to feel good for Dansby to get a huge hit coming off the DL. Maybe help get that confidence up for the big road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    DOBrienAJC

Says "both" parties but we are paying him 1M, so I'm sure AA would of rather he was on the team. But being he knows him and probably respected his decision to rather find other work.
    Interesting! I guess pride is trumping him being on the Braves bench? Itís not like MLB teams where beating down his door before we signed him. It is a bit surprising to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845:32353690
    Bautista released
    Life is good

Folty had a very good game but once again our offense couldn't really produce anything. Albies and Acuna have slowed down quite a bit lately, hopefully they can get going again.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Not sure why we would pull McCarthy with how well he was pitching so early. Only 2 outs in the 6th and only 83 pitches thrown. I fall more in line with trusting the guy to get another innings than hoping three relievers will be on their games. We will see how it works out, but I am not a huge fan of the call.

I donít get it either. He was pitching well and had low pitch count. Snit is gonna kill the bullpen over the course of the year. He has to use starters deep in games when he can, and tonight was a chance to do that.

Watching the SEC tourny the next few days so I'm at least glad I won't miss a Soroka start it seems, and a Red Sox series I don't care about.

I see Gohara gets the spot start tomorrow - makes me wonder when Allard's time is. I think he's in the same situation as Soroka in that when he's up he's up for good. Maybe he waits until a McCarthy trade/injury. FWIW I like McCarthy and would like to keep him all year (unless we bottom out) but the pitching crunch is very interesting. Even Wisler I think deserves a real shot because he's looked like a ML starter this season finally. All this tells me the FO might see Gohara as a dominant reliever at least for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemurphy44 View Post
    I donít get it either. He was pitching well and had low pitch count. Snit is gonna kill the bullpen over the course of the year. He has to use starters deep in games when he can, and tonight was a chance to do that.
    It's worked out I guess since they've not given up a run in the time McCarthy would have still been there, but I agree, we need to manage our bullpen well and take advantage of games where our starters can probably go 7 innings.

When was the last time Minter had a clean inning? I feel like it's always a roller coaster with him (and with Viz too really)

They just said he has given up hits in 8 of his last 9 outings

This ump is inconsistent though. The strike calls on the right side of the plate have been all over the place. For minter it was always a walk, for Ramos it's a strike. It's fine if the ump misses the zone as long as he is consistent, they haven't been very much this year.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast