Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Yes it was not pretty yesterday. I really hope that this team doesn't finish last in runs scored again

Sanchez, Estrada, Stroman are up next.....

Sanchez looking solid. A few too much contact but overall pretty solid.

What a hypocrite you are pal...poor little Reed & Co. can't deal with reality, and people who don't agree with you...boo hoo!

I've stated my opinions, and for 95% of the time have refrained from respondingto personal baits & attacks. Mike & I have taken a beating over the past couple years for calling out the incompetence of Shapkins, while guys like you run to their defense in your rose colored glass world. Shapkins have done NOTHING to improve the roster the past 2+ seasons, but we're apparently idiots for noticing it. We've both offered suggestions (Mike articulates plausible solutions better than I), but you always have a reason to diss us & support Shapkins...which is your right & prerogative...as is our opinions.

It's a fan forum, and passionate fans support, cheer, rant, vent, and recycle & start the process again. Robots & company men tow the line all year.

If your goal to moderate is so you can ban us, then this forum is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think we might be seeing the end of Tulo. Something tells me he might be done as a player.
    It's too bad, because we never got to see Colorado Tulo, which begs the question...was his offense another Coors Field product?

I believe Tulo was like a .270 hitter with an OPS of like 850 away from Coors when I saw someone posts his stats once.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I believe Tulo was like a .270 hitter with an OPS of like 850 away from Coors when I saw someone posts his stats once.
    Actually yes, I believe you are right...although unfortunately we never got to see him put up those #'s even @ Rogers. It's a shame because he was such a stud player, but at least it appears that trade won't haunt us player-wise. His contract is another story though.

Sanchez looking solid. A few too much contact but overall pretty solid.
    8 hits & 4 walks in 5.1 innings...not too solid of a debut.

i actually was very encouraged by sanchez, I was afraid that finger might act up, I know its silly but Ive never quite understood why it becomes a problem. Nolan Ryan had the same blister problem as a youngster but even then, nobody knew what caused it., but Seeing Aaron totally dominate Judge, Stanton and Sanchez was extremely encouraging.

We didnt get the result we wanted but for me seeing Aaron, go out and pitch like that, was more than enough. their big 3 went 0-12 against him and looked almost pathetic

I don't like the 7 hits and twenty something K's in the first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    8 hits & 4 walks in 5.1 innings...not too solid of a debut.
    I said that after like 3 innings.

I don't really care about the losses. My expectations are mega low for this season. Getting a top 5 pick and selling guys off of the roster brings us closer to a championship than a playoff birth would (strange, I know). I just wish our tradeable pieces were performing better.

If you went to the home opener you can zoom in and find yourself in the crowd at rogers centre in the Blue Jays Fancam! https://bluejays.fancam.com/20180329/?f

Lol I think I found Shapiro in that photo. In the press box seats where that 1 lady tagged herself, to the left you will see him standing and talking.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    What a hypocrite you are pal...poor little Reed & Co. can't deal with reality, and people who don't agree with you...boo hoo!

I've stated my opinions, and for 95% of the time have refrained from respondingto personal baits & attacks. Mike & I have taken a beating over the past couple years for calling out the incompetence of Shapkins, while guys like you run to their defense in your rose colored glass world. Shapkins have done NOTHING to improve the roster the past 2+ seasons, but we're apparently idiots for noticing it. We've both offered suggestions (Mike articulates plausible solutions better than I), but you always have a reason to diss us & support Shapkins...which is your right & prerogative...as is our opinions.

It's a fan forum, and passionate fans support, cheer, rant, vent, and recycle & start the process again. Robots & company men tow the line all year.

If your goal to moderate is so you can ban us, then this forum is already dead.
    I hate hate hate sticking my nose in here but the roster at the end of the final day of 2015 was not improveable. This seems to be a fact that some people dismiss and build an entire case against the new administration by ignoring that fact.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I hate hate hate sticking my nose in here but the roster at the end of the final day of 2015 was not improveable. This seems to be a fact that some people dismiss and build an entire case against the new administration by ignoring that fact.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I agree it was short-sighted & probably selfish trades from AA that brought the '15/16 frenzy. If you recall, I was not a big AA fan either because he whiffed way more than he made solid contact. However, he was very strategic & resourceful...I don't see that with Shapkins. They obviously weren't going to come here, assess the issue & announce a rebuild to the masses...I get that. I do think they mismanaged resources on unnecessary additions, and neglected improving the BP, especially the left side. Pretty much every piece they've brought in were 'flyers', which none really panned out except for Grilli in '16.

What I can't stand is them trying to convince us that this current team can be competitive, when all they do is bring in spare parts. They may have lost huge leverage in any potential JD trade by not getting full value in the offseason, particularly if there's lingering health issues.

Everyone knows that EVERYTHING has to play out in an ideal situation for this team to have a shot @ 85+ wins, let alone that the prospect of that happening is probably less than 10%. So why hang on for 1 more run? We both know why...to dupe the fans so they can fill seats. And that will ALWAYS be the mandate of corporate yes men like Shapiro. Every team needs/wants to make money, and every team wants to win. Some are more committed to winning because they know that will fill seats. Others are committed to money, hoping that full seats will help contribute to a winner.

This is a big resin why the Mets, CWS, Padres, Braves, Phillies sip. They tried to hang on too long without adapting well on the fly, as well as longer-term. Clubs like Yanks, Bos, Cubs, LA, Hou either saw the writing & made tough short-term choices for longer term benefit, and/or drafted really well & avoided quick fixes & band-aid remedies. Now those teams have a solid offensive, pitching & defensive core that can take on risky and/or spare parts players as complimentary additions...not starters.
    Last edited by passengershawn; 03-31-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast