Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    He was in the lineup last night so I'm assuming he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    He was in the lineup last night so I'm assuming he's fine.
    Ahh, I read an article yesterday that said to expect him to go on the DL on Monday and was just going off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Ahh, I read an article yesterday that said to expect him to go on the DL on Monday and was just going off of that.
    Always a safe assumption however.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I thought about that too (as I don't mind a second lead off guy in that spot either), but Pillar is second on the team in hits just 1 behind Justin Smoak.

Here's a stat...the Jays have the 3rd best bullpen in the AL so far and the best in the AL East. They are 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA over 41.1 IP. The rest of the division all have an ERA between 4.42 and 4.64 from their bullpens. We all thought this team would be built on the rotation, but the bullpen is the one excelling. Late additions Clippard, Oh and Axford have combined for 18 of those 41.1 innings with an ERA of 3.00. The only member of the bullpen struggling is Loup. (...which is likely why Mayza was the one called up for Morales). With 6 guys throwing well Gibby has the ability to throw the 7th, 8th and 9th inning every night with fresh arms.

It won't be long before the Ngoepe experiment needs to end. I'm sure they are simply letting him hold that roster spot until Tulo returns, but he is a terrible hitter. The way Grichuk is hitting makes me think that he really hasn't totally healed from the rib injury he had in ST. They can't keep using Pearce in RF. Pretty soon I think Grichuk needs to be waived and sent back to AAA to get his head straight. Bring back Alford to come play RF everyday. Pearce can keep playing some LF against lefty starters and DH'ing some against right handed starters if he continues to hit better than Morales.
    I'm on the Alford train as well, but good grief Teoscar....!!

If Alford comes up I want his glove in CF. His bat should be like Pillar's and maybe he draws the walks.

Yeah, it looks like another injury is going to cause Alford to miss a shot. Kid was hitting great before he went down. Hernandez was too though, so he still may have gotten the call if Alford wasn't rehabbing.

Pillar is doing just fine so far, and Grandy has been great. I think Alford now needs to wait for an injury or for Grandy or Hernandez to struggle...Which may end up taking until the trade deadline. Hopefully he can stay healthy long enough to push for the next call.

3 cancelled games in a row. Good for JD’s sore shoulder

JD is on the DL.

3 games made up later on is still potentially 3 games he won't have to miss....assuming he only needs 10 days...which is doubtful if its bad enough to be on the DL.

Yeah, it looks like another injury is going to cause Alford to miss a shot. Kid was hitting great before he went down. Hernandez was too though, so he still may have gotten the call if Alford wasn't rehabbing.

Pillar is doing just fine so far, and Grandy has been great. I think Alford now needs to wait for an injury or for Grandy or Hernandez to struggle...Which may end up taking until the trade deadline. Hopefully he can stay healthy long enough to push for the next call.
    Doesn't he usually start off hot then cools down? I doubt Alford's glove is going to be as good as Pillar's in CF though, but he should be a better bat and possibly be able to leadoff.

3 games made up later on is still potentially 3 games he won't have to miss....assuming he only needs 10 days...which is doubtful if its bad enough to be on the DL.
    The KC game is being made up today, but I get your point.

They were saying on PTS that today’s double header will be 2 for the price of 1. How does that work? People would have bought tickets for each game sperately

They were saying on PTS that today’s double header will be 2 for the price of 1. How does that work? People would have bought tickets for each game sperately
    My old man called me this morning because of this. Apparently they used to do it like this at Tiger stadium back in the day. I guess the ushers will just be lenient?

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Doesn't he usually start off hot then cools down? I doubt Alford's glove is going to be as good as Pillar's in CF though, but he should be a better bat and possibly be able to leadoff.
    I don't know about "usually", but it happened last year. He isn't walking a bunch out of nowhere this year though like last year, he just has 16 hits (which leads the team) and is batting .308/.333/.462. So it isn't time for him to go anywhere. He's just a streaky player.

Pillar is great when he's dialed in and will have a couple great years with the bat in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    My old man called me this morning because of this. Apparently they used to do it like this at Tiger stadium back in the day. I guess the ushers will just be lenient?
    Yeah I can't see a Tuesday afternoon game against the Royals wouldn't draw much.

I believe tickets for the Tuesday night game are valid for both now. People who had tickets for Monday can exchange them for tickets to select future games.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast