Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I like the effort and faith the front office is showing in the team. Sucks not getting Manny but there are still plenty of players that can make an impact this year and hopefully beyond for us.

I donít want moose or whit. They donít improve enough to give away prospects. Focus on bullpen piece and maybe surprise move we donít expect
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Moose is a marginal upgrade for a few months, so I'd be ok with not pursuing him and giving up assets. Merrifield, I'm on the fence about because he is very cost controlled but he will cost a decent amount of assets. He is a very good player though that continues to improve.

What I am seeing right now is an improved Franco, kingery, and Williams. They are not awful right now so unless you get a clear upgrade donít waste prospects there. Find a closer. Iím fine with starters with depth we have.

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

I tend to agree that they should focus on the bullpen. Getting another piece or two would be huge for the playoffs.

It stings that we did not acquired Machado but at least the front office tried. Supposedly we and the Dodgers are the 2 finalists with rumor that we offer our #2 prospect Medina in the deal. The Dodgers gave up 2 top 10 prospects in OF Diaz and pitcher May in the deal I believe.

My only concerns is that teams like the Yankees, Dodgers, and Phillies will bid heavily on Machado this winter and I'm worry that Machado will decide between the lifestyle of LA or NY and not us. This would hurt even more IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong but time will tell.

Upgrading the bullpen is a priority if we hope to make a run at the playoffs. I wouldn't mind another starting pitcher but that depends on what we are giving up.

Not sure Machado will stay in LA long term. He has made it known he wants to play SS and the Dodgers have Seager (who is more valuable than Machado when you factor in age/contract). They also have Turner with 2 more years on his deal as well.

Machado only fits there this season

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415