Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Game Thread - 6 games left

@ Dallas Friday, March 30th - 8:30PM EST

vs Utah Sunday, April 1st - 7PM EST

@ Denver Thursday, April 5th - 10:30PM EST

@ LAL Friday, April 6th - 10:30PM EST

vs. Memphis Monday, April 9th - 8PM EST

vs. Denver Wednesday April 11th - 8PM EST

What will Towns do to follow up his franchise-record-setting 56 points?

I watched just a few minutes here and there, and everytime I tuned in, Towns was scoring. Looks like he had a beast of a game.

I didn't know more than 1 player on the entire Hawks roster. We should have beat them by 30.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I watched just a few minutes here and there, and everytime I tuned in, Towns was scoring. Looks like he had a beast of a game.

I didn't know more than 1 player on the entire Hawks roster. We should have beat them by 30.
    I don't want to take away from his record (that is awesome), but while I was watching I was thinking that Atlanta has no bigs. Not that they have much of anybody on their roster nowadays but Towns absolutely should have been killing them in the post like he was... until they sent a flock and the game started to slip because he was forcing it.

The defense was atrocious though. It was like an all-star game without all the names.

Game Thread - 6 games left

Kat killed it, fun to see him go off like that. Still tight in the playoff race so can't let up. We should be beating Dallas then have a big game against Utah at home now

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I don't want to take away from his record (that is awesome), but while I was watching I was thinking that Atlanta has no bigs. Not that they have much of anybody on their roster nowadays but Towns absolutely should have been killing them in the post like he was... until they sent a flock and the game started to slip because he was forcing it.

The defense was atrocious though. It was like an all-star game without all the names.
    Yeah, I really like Mike Muscala but his d is not his strength. We probably made them look a bit better than they are, but I like a few of their young players. Prince especially.

Also - shout out to Belly again, I honestly donít think we win that game without him.

Watching the Mavericks I'm having flashbacks to when the Wolves were that team and some playoff team would come into the building disinterested, let the team lead all game and then turn the tide in a matter of seconds as Towns did to end the half.

if we go 5-1 in the last 6 i think we will end up 4 seed, 1-0 so far after squeaking by dallas

Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    if we go 5-1 in the last 6 i think we will end up 4 seed, 1-0 so far after squeaking by dallas
    Sadly I don't see this happening. The last 26 games we are 12-15. Meaning we are more likely to finish 3-3 or 2-4. This would probably put us at the 8th seed. Best case scenario is the thunder hit a losing streak and we nab the 7th and face an injured golden state team.

It feels unreal to be in a playoff race. 5 games left and every one of them is going to be crucial in regards to playoff seeding.

I'll take it fellas! It's been a long time coming!

My hope is that the spurs fall and get the 8th seed against the rockets and hopefully push them a bit. We get the 7th seed and play GS. Then the 4 and 5 matchup is between the thunder and Pelicans. Jazz and Portland play. This would set us up perfect to maybe make a run? If we can get past an injured GSW team that is. Avoid every seed but the 7th. I want to stay away from Houston in the second round.

Justin Patton just got the first minutes of his career which tells you all you need to know about this game. He used the old Olawakandi hook to score his first career points.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Justin Patton just got the first minutes of his career which tells you all you need to know about this game. He used the old Olawakandi hook to score his first career points.
    Iíve said this a few times and donít want to harp on it too much, but the total laconic nature and just blatant lack of effort is so discouraging and just odd to see from a team fighting for playoffs. I canít think of any team in the past who appears to have wanted it less.

It makes no sense to mye, I find it so strange to watch. I feel like I have a greater desire to make finals in my local league than most of our guys do in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Iíve said this a few times and donít want to harp on it too much, but the total laconic nature and just blatant lack of effort is so discouraging and just odd to see from a team fighting for playoffs. I canít think of any team in the past who appears to have wanted it less.

It makes no sense to mye, I find it so strange to watch. I feel like I have a greater desire to make finals in my local league than most of our guys do in the NBA.
    This team needs JB! On top of averaging 22/5.5/5/2, he is also our best defender, our leader, and our closer!

This team really bothers me. Butler, sure, I like a lot. Outside of one playoff year though, he has been a chronic underperformer come playoffs. Hasn't been there 50 games or anything, so I guess I am not too worried, but it's not like LeBron is coming back to us..

That being said, this team, minus Butler, is lost. It's as if Towns, Wiggins, and company, just expect wins to come to them, instead of going and getting them. This team just screams entitled, and I can't figure out how that happened. Like how do they show up for the biggest NBA game of their lives to date, and give that effort? Seriously. How? I get that it's that time a year where Rubio makes everyone go, "hmm, maybe his shot is coming around", but you can't let him score 23 on you. You can't give a team layup, after layup. Utah played like they are fighting for something, grabbing loose balls, playing with emotions, playing hard, and playing together. We looked like game 11 of the year, just going through the motions.

This team has no balls, and no heart. Without a coaching/front office change, and frankly, an owner change, this team will never do ****. Ever.

Hopefully Butler is back in time to get bent over by Houston.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast