Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Surgery? For??
    Think he has torn elbow ligament in throwing arm. Waiting for surgery later in year so he doesnít lose as much time and gets his at bats in this year.

1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

My heart goes out to Jake Burger. That really sucks. Seems like a great kid.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    My heart goes out to Jake Burger. That really sucks. Seems like a great kid.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more...Sucks!

Kind of thinking this brings Bohm and Gorman into play at the 4th pick....

He's young, hopefully this will drive him to slim down some and take it all more seriously. It also maybe/probably drives him to a 1B or RF/DH role in 2020 or so. He may have been headed there anyway.
    I was initially opposed to drafting a 3B, but not anymore.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

BEst player available all day....you canít draft according to need in baseball as these guys are typically 3+ years away.

Position could be addressed in free agency, or Sanchez is proving to be a possible long term solution. Most likely in a utility role, but the fact that we have an above average power 2nd baseman in moncada, his lack of power isnít that big of an issue if he can keep hitting like he has the past year

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    BEst player available all day....you canít draft according to need in baseball as these guys are typically 3+ years away.

Position could be addressed in free agency, or Sanchez is proving to be a possible long term solution. Most likely in a utility role, but the fact that we have an above average power 2nd baseman in moncada, his lack of power isnít that big of an issue if he can keep hitting like he has the past year
    This draft has only 1 pretty much unanimous pick at the moment and that's Mize........... Read an article from FO personnel saying after the 1st pick, all 32 draft boards will be different... from 2-10 picks.....So Sox are targeting 7 players for the 4th pretty damn sure there will be 2 3rd baseman on their list anyway...So the chance for a 3rd baseman to be picked are pretty high anyway...I love Gorman and that is who i would take if Mize and Singer are off the board.

Zavala HR 9! Eloy another nice day! Heís out though, not sure if it was an injury.

In bad news, Burger stepped wrong and retire his Achilles. Back to square 1

Thatís your typical MLB draft though...Everyoneís board is different. All Iím saying is that they shouldnít be looking to take a guy that is lower on their board because he plays 3rd. Take whoever they have ranked as best player. Maybe thatíll be another 3rd basemen...who knows.

Thatís your typical MLB draft though...Everyoneís board is different. All Iím saying is that they shouldnít be looking to take a guy that is lower on their board because he plays 3rd. Take whoever they have ranked as best player. Maybe thatíll be another 3rd basemen...who knows.
    I agree. If we are weak at one position, you still draft best available in Sucha massive draft, and when the time comes we need a 3B or a specific position, we have the farm talent to make a deal.

I think Eloy was pulled due to a blowout so thatís good. Our Farm is on fire

That's what I mean...The draft is such a Subjective process......The majority of drafted players in all sports drafted with the caveat "we took the best available player on the board " was a Bust!!!
    I assume Courtney Hawkins was BAP in someones eyes when he was drafted...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Courtney Hawkins was BAP in someones eyes when he was drafted.
    Yes, but Courtney Hawkins was an athlete who at least looked like he could develop into a good player when he was drafted (recall the famous back-flip). He then lost control of his diet and conditioning and turned into a tank. That wasn't Kenny Williams fault.

Compare Burgur who was an overweight kid who stumbled over his own feet while fielding grounders when the Sox Drafted him. I don't get how he could have even been mistaken for the best available player when he could not field any position.

I just hope that the people who are paid to Scout players and select them do a better job than they have in recent years. They haven't Drafted a game changer in the first round since Chris Sale.
    Last edited by garypeters; 05-10-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Someone tell me that they would have Drafted Burgur in the First Round after looking at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3XP82oUmfQ

I am going to say that was Player Draft malpractice.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast