CF- Luis Robert
    RF- Avi Garcia
    DH- Zack Collins/Seby Zavala/Matt Davidson

Bench:
    C- Kevan Smith
    1B/3B/DH- Matt Davidson
    UTIL- Yolmer Sanchez
    OF- Charlie Tilson/Adam Engel

Looks about right...I just donít think Avi will still be on the team by then. Is he a free agent after 2019? I think they will let him walk or trade him next year if thatís the case. Which means guys like Anderson, Madrigal and Robert can all be moved to other positions depending on who else fills his role

Yeah Avi is the one guy I'm not sure about. Hopefully a guy like Basabe, Rutherford or even Adolfo are ready by then and he can go.

And thatís a lineup with no free agents as you said. I canít imagine the front office not being aggressive on 1-2 position players in free agency the next two off seasons to add to our core.

Rodon had a promising start.

Took 2 of 3 from Bos facing Sale, Price, Porcello.

Yolmer Sanchez is pretty decent defensively at third base. Maybe the Sox acquire a third basemen through trade or free agency if they want to upgrade there.

2019 3rd base free agents. I don't love any of these names.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Yolmer Sanchez is pretty decent defensively at third base. Maybe the Sox acquire a third basemen through trade or free agency if they want to upgrade there.
    The future at 3B is very uncertain, my guess is that the Sox still project Burger there. In the meantime Yolmer and Davidson are ok, but I don't see either of them as starting caliber on a championship team.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I would rather continue the roll with Sanchez than any other FA options besides MM. I like his glove and would be somewhat excited about him if he had some better plate discipline.

Yolmer making a case for himself.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Sanchez is a solid player. I have no problem w/ him at 3rd for a few years. Eventually preferring him as a super sub.

Hope I don't jinx him.... Covey pitching well again and against Cleveland after facing Sale and Boston. No walks after 6.

Covey's two-seam fastball is officially filthy. It honestly reminds me of Bartolo Colon where the ball starts on one side of the plate and travels across to the other side(only 10mph faster). He credited James Shields for helping him and you can kind of see similar movements in their fastballs ,maybe showed him a new grip that works.

It might be only a matter of time before Covey's wheels fall off, but like I said the fastball is clearly his #1 pitch it's generating strikeouts and preventing hard contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    Covey's two-seam fastball is officially filthy. It honestly reminds me of Bartolo Colon where the ball starts on one side of the plate and travels across to the other side(only 10mph faster). He credited James Shields for helping him and you can kind of see similar movements in their fastballs ,maybe showed him a new grip that works.

It might be only a matter of time before Covey's wheels fall off, but like I said the fastball is clearly his #1 pitch it's generating strikeouts and preventing hard contact.
    Bartolo Colon.....c'mon now, Colons had the most movement i have ever seen except Greg Madux',but Colons obviously a lot faster....

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast