Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

Cubs with a very strong inning against Hader after he Kd 2 in his first inning. 2 walks and Heyward with just the 3rd hit off him by a LHB all year to tie the game. Made him throw 35 pitches.

And a ******** strike zone saves the Brewers a run

Brewers are now 20something-1 when using Hader
    The Cubs scored 6 runs against their #1 pen
    Brewers have now relinquished 5 game division leads in consecutive seasons and have beaten the Cubs just once this season

Crewfan, I respect you, but I can't stand your team Twitter account and hope they fall back a bit

I think it's really weak whenever an umpire shields another umpire whenever a manager is arguing with that umpire. Some weak PC crap that was started by the Bud Selig administration.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 06-13-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Home plate umpire Roberto Ortiz called a game ending check swing on Arenado. There's no excuse as to why umpires should not defer to the first/third base umpire in these situations. It should be automatic. It's so ****ing ridiculous that they're so adamant about calling it themselves.

Earl Weaver had some balls. Manager and umpire going at it without intervention from other umpires. That's the way it should be. This is real entertainment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cmqUTPn08

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Earl Weaver had some balls. Manager and umpire going at it without intervention from other umpires. That's the way it should be. This is real entertainment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cmqUTPn08
    Aren't you against instant replay because it takes too long, delaying the game? Well they'd have a replay review quicker than this argument, yet you're praising this argument over who's trying to **** who and who touched who because this is how it was done back in the day.

mike trout might be the best all around player we have ever seen.

Also... Nola is a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Aren't you against instant replay because it takes too long, delaying the game? Well they'd have a replay review quicker than this argument, yet you're praising this argument over who's trying to **** who and who touched who because this is how it was done back in the day.
    There's nothing entertaining about waiting for an umpire in New York to make a decision.

But at least Weaver was right about going to the Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 06-13-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    There's nothing entertaining about waiting for an umpire in New York to make a decision.

But at least Weaver was right about going to the Hall of Fame.
    I love replay. I want plays called correctly. My only beef is how long it takes. On TV we can usually see the correct call within one or two replays which usually takes 20 seconds. I don't get why it takes several minutes sometimes for the umpires to be told what happened by the people in NY.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    mike trout might be the best all around player we have ever seen.
    I didn’t think there was a debate.

Steamer projects 19 year old Juan Soto as a 120 wRC+ bat. The kid has 300ish PA beyond rookie ball. Insane.

I don't understand what Chirinos is so upset about. Is Kemp supposed to just supposed to give up? You're in the base path and Kemp didn't run him over that hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't understand what Chirinos is so upset about. Is Kemp supposed to just supposed to give up? You're in the base path and Kemp didn't run him over that hard at all.

I posted this on the Cubs board but to me it looked like when they both got up Chirinos only escalated things when Kemp put his shoulder into him to shove him. Maybe I am wrong but it seemed like nothing would’ve happened until Kemp did that.

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast