DJ was always a horrible little ****

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    DJ was always a horrible little ****
    He was creepy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Love the Wonder Years shoutouts. Binged watched it all about 5 years ago. So underrated.
    This!

And I have really enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Rosanne so far. Hopefully this paves the way for Last Man Standing being brought back as the networks see a right-leaning show won't burst everyone's tv's into flames.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Iíll support Home Improvement. I actually think they did the dumb dad thing in that show right. I think itís because while his wife on the show was a strong women, she wasnít invincible from being an idiot and often was the center of the jokes as well. Pretty much every character in that show was the punchline, except for Wilson.

The wife in Everybody Loves Raymond is just totally unlikable for me for the reason

I totally agree. Home Improvement was one of my all-time favorite sitcoms. I never liked Everybody Loves Raymond for mostly the same reason (outside of the grandfather, who I thoroughly enjoyed)
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    This!

And I have really enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Rosanne so far. Hopefully this paves the way for Last Man Standing being brought back as the networks see a right-leaning show won't burst everyone's tv's into flames.
    Dan has enough know-how to speed up that ****** chair haha

Man that thing sucks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-va-and-more/

Roseanne has always been garbage but this propaganda is a new low

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-va-and-more/

Roseanne has always been garbage but this propaganda is a new low
    What's the problem? I didn't see it and it sounds heavy handed but why is a character on a TV series not allowed to have opinions that might be wrong, based on false believes, experiences outside the norm, etc. Its a TV show and by the description seemed to try to humanize all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What's the problem? I didn't see it and it sounds heavy handed but why is a character on a TV series not allowed to have opinions that might be wrong, based on false believes, experiences outside the norm, etc. Its a TV show and by the description seemed to try to humanize all sides.
    Jerrod Carmichaelís skit about police brutality never made it to TV.

Look, Iím glad she Ďditchedí islamophobia but I donít like the political posturing in whatís supposed to be a sitcom. They stated they were gonna tune down the politics and they open up another can of worms.

Iím happy the lesson was basically Roseanneís ignorance but for somebody who spews a lot of ********, I canít bring myself to think itís genuine.

Watch the episode and think sheís still got it. Funniest lady in show biz

I thought the episode was damn good. I hope to see the neighbors more.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Watch the episode and think sheís still got it. Funniest lady in show biz

IMO her show(s) were as funny as Mike and Molly or King of Queens...and I hate those shows lol.

I just donít like the Ďwhite saviourí routine and Iím not a fan of political posturing in tv especially when the person is outspoken and overly opinionated. It makes it seem like a bad Fox commercial.

Itís just a ploy for ratings which makes me dislike it even more. You have the ignorant dumbass in Roseanne whom a lot of white trash similar to her can relate. Then you have the white apologists who hate what she has to say but applauds the show and the message because ĎRoseanne isnít AS ignorant anymore!í

I ****ing god damn hate how ****ing politicized people are making this show. It's a ****ing sitcom for ****s sake.

I'm pretty damn liberal politically. I like the reboot so far and LOVED the original show. Some of the punchlines have fallen really flat though, which is odd because their staff is an all star writing group.

The first 2 episodes were great. Really really good. Then it kinda dipped with some forced storylines, inconsistent writing and some boring jokes where the punchline didn't really hit.

The over-sensitivity about the last episode (muslim neighbors) is ridiculous. I think they took what is (for some midwest families and their core demo) an uncomfortable subject and made it a little relatable and cut through the BS. BUT....the jokes were bad which made it seem like the issue was forced and didn't come naturally.

It's going to fall off if they keep introducing a new social conflict each episode to laugh at. That was at the heart of the original series, but there was always a back story that kept moving. This is a bit fragmented now and maybe because they were just trying to mash everything in that they could so the network would re-up.

My only issue with the Muslim neighbors episode is that it was completely out of character for Roseanne. In the original series she kinda ignored or rose above issue of race (when DJ had to kiss a black girl in a play), homosexuality (her friend coming out of the closet) and religion. It was more about the fact that that stuff was secondary in a town where everyone was united by a working class life and struggling to get by. They never talked about real life politicians, etc. It was just humor among the working class.

They're trying to push too much real life stuff in the reboot and not focusing on the imaginary world of Lanford where we can all escape to and laugh. I'll still keep watching, because Jackie and Dan continue to carry that show far above what the rest of the cast is capable of.

Also, I think the original series was really nicely based off of Roseanne's real life growing up in a similar working class household. She's been away on that Hawaiian nut farm for too long and it seems like she's basing too much of this on media stereotypes than actual experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    IMO her show(s) were as funny as Mike and Molly or King of Queens...and I hate those shows lol.

I just donít like the Ďwhite saviourí routine and Iím not a fan of political posturing in tv especially when the person is outspoken and overly opinionated. It makes it seem like a bad Fox commercial.

Itís just a ploy for ratings which makes me dislike it even more. You have the ignorant dumbass in Roseanne whom a lot of white trash similar to her can relate. Then you have the white apologists who hate what she has to say but applauds the show and the message because ĎRoseanne isnít AS ignorant anymore!í
    I honestly don't even know what you are talking about. I don't think she portrays herself as a savior don't what past you are talking about. What did she do in the past. I've always just thought she was funny

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I ****ing god damn hate how ****ing politicized people are making this show. It's a ****ing sitcom for ****s sake.

I'm pretty damn liberal politically. I like the reboot so far and LOVED the original show. Some of the punchlines have fallen really flat though, which is odd because their staff is an all star writing group.

The first 2 episodes were great. Really really good. Then it kinda dipped with some forced storylines, inconsistent writing and some boring jokes where the punchline didn't really hit.

The over-sensitivity about the last episode (muslim neighbors) is ridiculous. I think they took what is (for some midwest families and their core demo) an uncomfortable subject and made it a little relatable and cut through the BS. BUT....the jokes were bad which made it seem like the issue was forced and didn't come naturally.

It's going to fall off if they keep introducing a new social conflict each episode to laugh at. That was at the heart of the original series, but there was always a back story that kept moving. This is a bit fragmented now and maybe because they were just trying to mash everything in that they could so the network would re-up.

My only issue with the Muslim neighbors episode is that it was completely out of character for Roseanne. In the original series she kinda ignored or rose above issue of race (when DJ had to kiss a black girl in a play), homosexuality (her friend coming out of the closet) and religion. It was more about the fact that that stuff was secondary in a town where everyone was united by a working class life and struggling to get by. They never talked about real life politicians, etc. It was just humor among the working class.

They're trying to push too much real life stuff in the reboot and not focusing on the imaginary world of Lanford where we can all escape to and laugh. I'll still keep watching, because Jackie and Dan continue to carry that show far above what the rest of the cast is capable of.
    Agreed. The family's story is taking a back seat to the political stuff and making stuff seemed forced. Still one of the funnier sitcoms IMO

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast